Genshin Impact

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
At least you can do all the achievements without actually opening the chest and spending resin. Did 10 back to back this morning just to unlock some. Also thanks to YouTube I now know that you can cycle through all of the bosses one to the next. Never even bothered to check if it kept updating you on the next location.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Hit AR35 still haven't finished all the quests and cleared to abyss floor 9. I've been slowly working up 10 characters to L60/L60 Weapon/Max Talents while still deciding which ones I want to actually level to max. Probably just going to farm gold leylines until I hit AR40 since mora is the bane of my existence more than any of their other choke points with trying to level multiple teams and it'll probably be handy when leveling 5 star artifacts when the time comes.

Still love the game despite putting a shit load of hours in the last two weeks, but all the hard caps on activities and even on shit like using the forge to make shards is capped which leaves a bad taste. It's likely that if there are any changes they would be minimal at best if the estimated income numbers are even close to true since it's obvious people are willing to swipe heavily.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Running Xiangling, Venti, MC, and Razor. Dealing with Fire mages is a pain in the ass... should I be subbing in Chongyun (Ice claymore guy) or Kaeva (ice sword free character)? Or is there some secret? I've been doing Razor's elemental move to get overcharge and just whacking away at them.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This event is buggy as hell. Half of the time I can’t even pick up the clots, and have had a couple of hard crashes during the fights.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Running Xiangling, Venti, MC, and Razor. Dealing with Fire mages is a pain in the ass... should I be subbing in Chongyun (Ice claymore guy) or Kaeva (ice sword free character)? Or is there some secret? I've been doing Razor's elemental move to get overcharge and just whacking away at them.

I know Barbara (water) makes quick work of fire shields, not sure how well ice works, I assume about the same as electric which is ok but not great.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pyro -> hydro or anemo
Geo -> claymore
Cryo -> pyro
Hydro -> electro or cryo(?)
Electro -> pyro or cryo

I generally don't use a cryo character, so not 100% sure how effective those counters really are. There's several more not listed there too, but I haven't had a lot of success with, say, electric countering fire even though it supposedly does.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

If you're doing abyss it's better to have a level 1 that can break shields than a fully maxed char derping away. I use chongyun if I need to break electric shields and then mona/barb/xinqui for fire shields/plant thing. Diluc does the dirty everywhere else.

Open world stuff doesn't really last more than two seconds elite or not.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I had that question because the shield stuff seemed WAY over turned to me. Almost missed some of the Abyss 3* because of the Aqua Wizards and others to a lesser extent. Haven’t gotten around to looking in to any reason yet. But even in the event going on I got placed in an instance where mobs were level 11 and the wizard shields still barely moved to my 60 Razor.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone happen to have found a resource that shows the cost in Mora to take a character from 70 to 80, including the cost of ascension? Want to plan out how much mora per character; weapons would be nice to know as well.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I think the ascension was 240k. Probably 3-5 million mora per char w/ exp, talents, weapons and +16/20 artifacts. Next char I choose I'll actually track it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Just started this game today on PC. Enjoy it! Not gonna play hard as I still want to finish poe league and stuff but from my two beginner wish pulls I got the guaranteed Noelle, Fischl, and Xingqiu. Also Lisa/Kaeya were free. Guess I missed the barbara stuff, but I think I'll spend some on this game anyway as it seems to be pretty enjoyable so far. Only AR11 though.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
reroll now before you get too invested. follow a speedrun guide and try to pull at least one 5star on the rank 7 pulls.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I love that they released this on mobile. Its really hard for me to sit down and play games on a pc with a toddler running around. Been sticking with the Switch and mobile games lately. That being said, holy crap is it super not mobile friendly. It just lights up my phone within 30 minutes of playing, even on lowest setting.

Anyone got any tips on getting any better performance on a Galaxy S9? I already have it on the lowest settings and I close everything else before logging in. I think I know the answer, but I dont want to get a new phone just for this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Just started this game today on PC. Enjoy it! Not gonna play hard as I still want to finish poe league and stuff but from my two beginner wish pulls I got the guaranteed Noelle, Fischl, and Xingqiu. Also Lisa/Kaeya were free. Guess I missed the barbara stuff, but I think I'll spend some on this game anyway as it seems to be pretty enjoyable so far. Only AR11 though.

You can still get Barbara for free, it hasn't patched to 1.1 yet. Someone said Nov. 10th.

Vorph

I "play" it on a S9 too. Which is to say I do stuff like expeditions and maybe a little bit of running around grabbing resources for the weekly counts. The combat is utterly unplayable with those shitty touch controls imo. And yeah, it gets pretty hot after a half hour or so, but I expected that since I keep my phone in a hard shell case. Performance-wise, medium settings are fine though (and turning it down doesn't do anything for the heat problem). Haven't tried it myself but supposedly you can get Octopus to work with the mobile version, but I've also read that it is technically against their TOS to use it.

They claim to be working on gamepad support for mobile (still mindboggling they thought it was ok to release the game without this in on day 1) so hopefully that doesn't take too much longer. I'm going to swap my S9 for a S20+ or Note20 Ultra next month and it would be nice to actually have the game playable on mobile by then.

The other option I've considered since my laptop isn't capable of running it either is remote streaming off my PC. My first attempt was with Steam remote streaming, but sadly even after getting past the headache of not being able to click on UAC modals remotely I still wasn't able to get the game to accept any inputs from either gamepad or m/kb. If that worked it would be streamable to a phone as well. I've seen someone on reddit claim they have it working on their phone via Rainway, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet and I'm not sure how well Rainway works over the internet. Works great (at least as well as a Steam Link) from my PC to my Xbox inside my house though. I suppose I'll try to get it working since I think streaming is the ideal solution -- I have a feeling official gamepad support isn't coming all that soon, and I think that even with an upgrade to a 20 the will still probably overheat anything you play it on. Remote streaming doesn't tax the phone processor at all so no heat even in a hard case.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hit 38 last night, just kind of plinking away but only logging in now to do the dailies/spend my resin. Enjoy the game still, but once you hit 30's it completely changes and is not nearly as interesting or compelling as the ride to 30. Much of this is do to the story quests just completely stopping mid campaign - I appreciate the need for polish, etc, but from reading beta tester analysis what was shipped was exactly what was tested in Beta and a lot of the big youtube guys were pretty surprised the next area wasn't ready for launch. That it's going to be at least another month+ is very strange.

The beginning 30 levels I'd give an A+, perhaps the best "mobile" game I've ever played. A really great blend of gacha mechanics, BOTW exploration, fun little combat and reasonably good story beats. 30+ I'd give a D grade as it limits you more than almost any other gacha game I play in what you can do - the resin system either costs too much per run or there just isn't enough resin but I've sunk 1000's of hours into gacha games and this one feels about as bad as any I can remember.

Vorph

Yeah, I just hit 33 this morning and there's a definite wall here. Still have a couple more story quests to complete, and maybe a few world quests. I don't even feel like AR is the problem though; even if I could hit AR36 easily I'd be utterly fucked by another bump up in world level. I'm down to like 300k mora and I need millions to keep my characters and weapons leveled accordingly, not that I have enough books or weapon upgrade mats for xp either. Resin definitely sucks but using it for ascension mats is the least of my worries at this point.

Also I have Barbara at C5 and if I don't get one more dupe before this event ends there's going to be some serious rage happening over here.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Getting to WL4+ is worth it though. More mats, rarer mats, purple artifacts from regular mobs, increase in mora (44k from gold leylines) etc. I still haven't finished all my quests but I really only do them when I get bored running some material laps. Pretty sure at this point seelies, chests and some of the random stuff all respawn regularly. But once you are this high it's not particularly worth putting more than an hour or two max to blow through resin/quests etc. unless you are whaling out.

Vorph

Yeah, I definitely don't agree with the people on YouTube saying to not complete the AR36 challenge so you stay at a lower WL. That's just such a waste even if the new content does make it easy to rank up again.

The most frustrating thing about the game for me is that you simply cannot level up all your characters. Even getting 8 to the point of doing abyss is retarded and requires choosing which ones can stop at 20 or maybe 40 just so you can swap to them long enough to use one ability and hope you don't get hit and one-shot during that brief window. Weapons aren't any better either--I mistakenly put a lot of resources into Rust when I should have only focused on Sacrificial Bow and Favonius Warbow and now I can't afford to correct that fuck-up by leveling the warbow up for Venti.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like it takes around 430k Mora, using 81 purple XP books for 70-80, including ascension.