Genshin Impact

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Followed the guide I found in this thread and did the 3 temples and got rank 7. Pulled Ventus and Fishl with those gems.

What would be a decent team to focus on with these?

genshin.png

Last edited:

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
How are you guys getting so many dupes/pulls? Are you spending all of your primo on pulls? Is there something else to even spend it on?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How are you guys getting so many dupes/pulls? Are you spending all of your primo on pulls? Is there something else to even spend it on?

Yeah, I'm just dumping all my primo in to pulls for the heck of it. Mostly all on the event banner but did one on the standard banner. Haven't used any of the other currencies other than Primo gems though. So have all the Starglitter and Stardust and Fates.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Followed the guide I found in this thread and did the 3 temples and got rank 7. Pulled Ventus and Fishl with those gems.

What would be a decent team to focus on with these?

View attachment 308905
Primary team: Diluc, Fischl, Venti and Barbara. When roaming the open world, you can replace Barb with whatever you need at the time for Mining / Puzzles.
Secondary team: Razor, Xiangling, Noelle, and Kaeya/Lisa/MC.

Solid line up, not lacking in anything. Don't worry too much about the Second team until later on when you're pusing through Floor 5 of Abyss where you'll need 2 teams. It takes a LOT of resources to build up 2 teams, so focus on your primary.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depends. If you have the Blessing of Welkin ($5 month thing), you'll get 90 gems/day. If you like the game enough, and can afford it, buy some gems since the first purchase gives you double the amount. Then make rolls on the Venti banner, you'll get a lot of Fischl / Barb / Xiang. I would probably stop after getting Venti though, save up for the next banner. Using the free gems you get daily on a couple Resin refreshes isn't a bad idea either, if you need to run domains / bosses for materials and are impatient.

Official news is that v1.1 will be dropped on Nov. 11th, so we have month to save up currency. An actual content update, with a region, is scheduled for around Dec 18th, then the next is for Feb. They want to try and have major updates every 6 weeks. The 1.1 patch will buff Mona and "fix" Keqing, since her Ultimates last hit isn't getting buffed properly from the characters gear (so a buff for zip zap girl). So this 1.1 patch won't have a new region, but should have those 4 new characters that have been mentioned; Geo Spear user (5*), Water Bow/Spear user (5*), Water Bow user (4*), and a Pyro Claymore user (4*)., hopefully they are in the new Limited banner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for the tips, got Ningguang also when I pulled at rank 10. Is the only way to lvl up artifacts to combine dupes/low level artifacts? The journal wants me to get 1 to lvl 4 but feels like it need a lot of trash artifacts for that.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need to fix the resin system before 1.1 or they're gonna lose all the momentum they've built up. Even super casual players will be out of content before 1.1 which is a whole month away and isn't even bringing much if any content. With artifacts having a ridiculous amount of RNG similar to Epic7 and other super grindy gacha games, not being able to actually work on getting decent artifacts makes the game seem kinda pointless. It's frustrating because the game has so much potential.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the tips, got Ningguang also when I pulled at rank 10. Is the only way to lvl up artifacts to combine dupes/low level artifacts? The journal wants me to get 1 to lvl 4 but feels like it need a lot of trash artifacts for that.
Yes. I pretty much use everything that's 1* and 2* as fodder, haven't had too many shortages yet but being judicious on only doing a few items (usually ATK artifacts) and not taking anything above lvl 4.

I think that's something that people have noticed was missing, some universal artifact level up material, like there are for characters or weapons.

On my end, just made it to AR 22 last night and got Xiangling from the Abyss. Forced me to commit to some ;vl 40s but got it done. I was underleveled when I did Stormterror the night before and didn't know all the mechanics so that wasn't pleasant.

My team is now: MC (wind), Fischl, Xiangling, and Barbara. Thinking it's time to replace the MC with a Cryo character (Chongyun) for better elemental combos. I was leaning on the MC because I pulled a 4* sword earlier that gave a bonus flat 66 ATK but looks like the lack of scaling is finally starting to make it level off. Thoughts?

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yes. I pretty much use everything that's 1* and 2* as fodder, haven't had too many shortages yet but being judicious on only doing a few items (usually ATK artifacts) and not taking anything above lvl 4.

I think that's something that people have noticed was missing, some universal artifact level up material, like there are for characters or weapons.

On my end, just made it to AR 22 last night and got Xiangling from the Abyss. Forced me to commit to some ;vl 40s but got it done. I was underleveled when I did Stormterror the night before and didn't know all the mechanics so that wasn't pleasant.

My team is now: MC (wind), Fischl, Xiangling, and Barbara. Thinking it's time to replace the MC with a Cryo character (Chongyun) for better elemental combos. I was leaning on the MC because I pulled a 4* sword earlier that gave a bonus flat 66 ATK but looks like the lack of scaling is finally starting to make it level off. Thoughts?

Really what I'm missing is someway to lock artifacts / items so it isn't used as fodder or an enhanced sort feature. From the enhance artifact screen I can't see the stats of what is being used and auto add doesn't care. I've just come to equip artifacts on characters I'm not using just so they're being held.

A couple other QOL things here and there related to inventory management also.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is a more detailed map of items in the world, its Chinese, but you should be able to figure out how to use it to find stuff:

Detailed World Map

If you use the Interactive Map, it has an Artifact farm route that will give lots of 1* & 2* fodder on a daily basis.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does it matter when you open all the shrines of depths? I assume their chests are like all the others and don't scale with world level.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Does it matter when you open all the shrines of depths? I assume their chests are like all the others and don't scale with world level.

Zindan Zindan told me earlier they did not and to just open them. I took his word for it but have F-15s on stand by in case he was wrong.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chests / Shrines do not scale with WL.

Also, some official info on what is coming in v1.1 here:

Good.

Can lock items in inventory and ability to remap keybinds (finally).

Edit: Oops, remapping is being worked on, not finished by 1.1.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Depends. If you have the Blessing of Welkin ($5 month thing), you'll get 90 gems/day. If you like the game enough, and can afford it, buy some gems since the first purchase gives you double the amount. Then make rolls on the Venti banner, you'll get a lot of Fischl / Barb / Xiang. I would probably stop after getting Venti though, save up for the next banner. Using the free gems you get daily on a couple Resin refreshes isn't a bad idea either, if you need to run domains / bosses for materials and are impatient.

Official news is that v1.1 will be dropped on Nov. 11th, so we have month to save up currency. An actual content update, with a region, is scheduled for around Dec 18th, then the next is for Feb. They want to try and have major updates every 6 weeks. The 1.1 patch will buff Mona and "fix" Keqing, since her Ultimates last hit isn't getting buffed properly from the characters gear (so a buff for zip zap girl). So this 1.1 patch won't have a new region, but should have those 4 new characters that have been mentioned; Geo Spear user (5*), Water Bow/Spear user (5*), Water Bow user (4*), and a Pyro Claymore user (4*)., hopefully they are in the new Limited banner.
That's a real fucking bummer

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I'm perfectly fine with a slowdown in content rollout because of Cyberpunk and NG+ in Tsushima. But poopsockers gotta poopsock.

edit:
Free compass in 1.1 event to detect anemoculus and geoculus

Fuck yeah

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm pretty ok with only spending a half hour or so a day at most once I fully slam into the wall. Or walls, really. My characters aren't even 60 yet and I'm going to be severely hampered by resin for both character and weapon ascension, talent upgrade mats, books and materials to level with, AND mora by the time I get them there. And that's just four characters + weapons, the only others I have are Xiangling at 48 and MC at 30...

Just short of AR31 now, so there's also resin for artifacts to consider once I get to 36.