Genshin Impact

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mage shields can be broken by using another element that causes a damaging reaction, so for the Pyro mage shield, you can use Water, Electro to bring it down quickly, while Cryo will take longer and Pyro won't do anything. So:

Pyro Shield: Water / Electro
Cryo Shield: Pyro / Electro
Hydro Shield: Pyro / Electro

Same applies for the Fatui skirmishers.
Yeah I think Bennet just sucks at doing that, going to level up the free pyro spear user I think.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
You dont really need to level Xiangling... If you use the right element they will take the shield down just fine even if lvl 1.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I think Bennet just sucks at doing that, going to level up the free pyro spear user I think.

I use Xiangling and her bear is really unreliable for shields since mages can teleport and the bear just breathes fire in front of it. The whirlwind works, but is an ult and as such energy consuming (and doesn't last that long unless you have the constellation that extends it with 40%).

For destroying shields with fire I'd recommend Amber. Destroying shields does work great with low level characters, and while you don't need to level them up it can be nice to max a flower artefact on them and then just put on a few low level %hp artefacts. Don't need to worry about the sets, just a leveled flower + level 1 to 5 artefacts with HP% where you can. It will boost even level 1 characters to 10kish hp so they are less likely to get oneshot.

Also, mages with water shields can be frozen even if they are inside their shield.

HIGHLY recommend using any and all primo gems you have to get Ganyu for this banner. She does so much more damage than any other character that she feels broken.
I now have her at level 90, with a level 90 amos bow and maxed her regular shot talent to level 10 (since it also boosts charged shots). Equipped her with a water set (since the 4 piece set adds a constant damage increase to charge shots and isn't situational like wanderers / cryo). She crits 50+% of her charged shots.

With no elemental reactions she does around 40k per charged shot with a crit. If they're on fire she does 80+k ish. Unless an enemy has cryo resists I don't even swap her out. She kills all content with a few arrows, hillichurl camps she can clear in one if all shards hit. You can do the super fancy 100+k crit with Mona that requires juggling a lot of characters with charged ultimates, or I can shoot the enemy 3 times with Ganyu for the same damage taking less time than it takes to swap between characters to do the Mona thing. Add in the ultimate that drops 5k-8k shards for 15 seconds....

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait, destroying a sheild isn't related to damage done? So it's just number of hits?

Lv1 Xiangling Ultimate may do the job in that case for the x3 Cyro Mages in the ice cave.

Water Mages I find fairly easy because of how you can freeze them, for Fire Mages I got Mona and all her stuff is water damage.

What about Geo sheilds? The Geo Hypostasis takes a while for me to kill the pillars, I read somewhere that maybe Geo beats Geo sheilds?

Thanks for all the help again guys

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the lvl of the skill you're using vs. a shield affects the dmg done to the shield.

When fighting the Geo Fatui, I think I try to use Pyro for its shield. During the Geo Stasis fight, I've always used Ningguang since actual Geo dmg is highly effective vs. the regen pillars it spawns (Cryo works ok too), or if I want to change things up, I'll use any Claymore user.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Claymores eat through geo shields like butter. Noelle demolishes the geo cube.

even from zero energy, the act of her killing two regular pillars will fill her energy bar, your main dps goes ham on the crystal, then when the 3 pillars spawn in the middle to regen the boss' health, pop her ult and she can break all three pillars in one cycle, even at level 1 with a level 1 weapon.

Similarly, bring Amber to the electro cube fight, with her charged shot she can two-shot each crystal at the end in one cycle so the boss doesn't regen any health even when she is level 1 with a level 1 weapon.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Managed to unlock all of Dragonspine after using Xiangling Ultimate which demolished the Cyro Void Mage sheilds in the cavern, after that everything was fairly easy.

Now using Mona, Sucrose, Bennet, Xiangling instead of Ninguang, Barbara, Bennet, Chongyun after all the advice. Feels much more powerful, Sucrose in particular can just evaporate groups.

Just about to get lv35 so looks like I have a serious grind ahead of me as levelling up 3 new characters exhausted all my resources.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just hit 40 without noticing... And couldn't figure out why the Wolf challenge was so fucking hard. It's 73 and 1/2 my team is 70 the other half is 60. :|

Looks like I'm farming other stuff for a while.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Character level does not mean that much, every 10 levels only mean a few percent more damage taken and less dealt. Just keep your main dps character up, the rest can slack until you have resources to catch them up.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I’m AR 52, and most of my support characters are level 60/70. I only have Diluc ascended to 80/90

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Main DPS is razor/venti and both are at 70/70 and I need to get them moved up asap. I love Venti, but it doesn't feel like he hits hard enough outside of his super.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
you get more bang for the buck leveling weapons than characters (unless you factor in leveling talents)

since so many abilities scale off base character attack + weapon attack, that's what you want to max first

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Main DPS is razor/venti and both are at 70/70 and I need to get them moved up asap. I love Venti, but it doesn't feel like he hits hard enough outside of his super.
Give Venti a good weapon and he will do alright, but more importantly, get him the Viridescent artifact set so he can make everyone else do more dmg.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Give Venti a good weapon and he will do alright, but more importantly, get him the Viridescent artifact set so he can make everyone else do more dmg.
You get favonius warbow from a story quest, and that's good enough to max what he does best. I'd say best guaranteed character to play DPS on second team is Xiangling

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been using Rust, since I don't do much charged shots but normal attack is +50% dmg.
you get more bang for the buck leveling weapons than characters (unless you factor in leveling talents)

since so many abilities scale off base character attack + weapon attack, that's what you want to max first
gonna go grind weapon ascension stuff... have skyward pride for Razor, Rust for Venti, and some other stupid shit.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Pulled Ganyu on Friday, so I spent the last few days getting her up to 80 with an 80/80 prototype crescent, +12 wanderers artifacts, and 7/6/6 talents. For all world stuff, she is definitely OP. Gonna mess around in the abyss tonight/tomorrow to see how much more I need to invest in her

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pulled Ganyu on Friday, so I spent the last few days getting her up to 80 with an 80/80 prototype crescent, +12 wanderers artifacts, and 7/6/6 talents. For all world stuff, she is definitely OP. Gonna mess around in the abyss tonight/tomorrow to see how much more I need to invest in her
Like Venti level op for open-world? Most interested in seeing if I can quickly one-phase the fire regisvine.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Like Venti level op for open-world? Most interested in seeing if I can quickly one-phase the fire regisvine.

More. Her DPS is higher than anyone except perhaps Klee (I don't have her) with simple charge shots. She can kill fire regisvine in seconds especially if you ult it at the same time, though she doesn't need to do that to one-phase it. She one phases stormwind as well. Shoot charge shot as it appears, shoot it again as it does its fly animation towards you and it falls down (charge shot shards take off nearly 50% of his armour per shot). Then just charge shot from the ground. Water boss is also trivialized as she freezes every enemy that spawns.

Venti is OP for crowd control, but nowhere near the burst damage of Ganyu. If you for instance have a character with the blue book weapon that gives % to attack when swapping to a new character, Ganyu's charge shots crit for 60-80k damage. Add melt to it and it probably passes 100k.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user