Genshin Impact

spronk

FPS noob
lol

a dude was gonna go stab the CEO of Genshin's company because the game recently (?) released bunny skins for players in foreign countries but not in China because the government hasn't approved it

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
lol

a dude was gonna go stab the CEO of Genshin's company because the game recently (?) released bunny skins for players in foreign countries but not in China because the government hasn't approved it

NO KNEE?

where are the bunny skins. I'm suddenly interested.

Xerge

<Donor>
My discord community has an epic games notifier, i've been informed this is free on Epic. I've been on edge trying this due to the anime theme but whatever if it's free this is a good time as any.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My discord community has an epic games notifier, i've been informed this is free on Epic. I've been on edge trying this due to the anime theme but whatever if it's free this is a good time as any.
It's free on every platform, you don't need Epic to download the client.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
That's fucking lame of Epic to post it as a free game then. Thanks for the heads up.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's fucking lame of Epic to post it as a free game then. Thanks for the heads up.
It is a legit good game though, it's gatcha but you can do everything with the free characters and you get plenty of rolls on the gatcha characters.

It's an iteration on Breath of the Wild basically.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked it up until the grind started to get extreme. Its got a lot of shit to do, but the difference between someone that spends 20 bucks a month on the game and someone that whales is night and day, just like any mobile gatcha.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The early game and mid game is fun. The end game grind sucks due to resin gates. Just play it as long as you enjoy it and then drop it as soon as you get to end game grinding.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I've already fought that particular windmill on reddit, but I'll never get how people consider this game grindy. It is time-gated to hell and back.

The resin cap, even for paying users, the weekly bosses for the highest materials, the daily missions... all that comes down to a useful play time of like 20 minutes a day at best. Any more time you spend is for fluff like housing or cooking mats or exploring. Really not what I think of when it comes to grinding, especially when I look at my other game in comparison (PoE).

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here’s hoping everyone that signed up to play this garbage gets their accounts hacked and identities stolen by the cccp. I’d rather play pantheon than support this kind of bullshit business model.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I've already fought that particular windmill on reddit, but I'll never get how people consider this game grindy. It is time-gated to hell and back.

It's the time-gate precisely that puts me off. When I come home from a 10 hour day of work, the last thing I want to do is have to log into Genshin Impact and spend my resin or else lose it. I want to be able to sit down for a handful of hours on a weekend and advance at my own pace. But I can't do that because of time-gates. The "grind" in this context comes from having to log on every single day to spend resin. That's not a grind I'm about.

karrin

Trakanon Raider
It's the time-gate precisely that puts me off. When I come home from a 10 hour day of work, the last thing I want to do is have to log into Genshin Impact and spend my resin or else lose it. I want to be able to sit down for a handful of hours on a weekend and advance at my own pace. But I can't do that because of time-gates. The "grind" in this context comes from having to log on every single day to spend resin. That's not a grind I'm about.
just dont work

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Genshin isn't grindy, but I personally stopped for the sole reason Kriptini said. This game is FULL of the the shit like "use 150 resin" daily quests. 150 Resin takes 20 hours to refill, so not only are you required to log on daily, but you're required to do so in a schedule that is no more than 4 hours later in order to keep up on resin. So if you do your shit in the morning at 8:00am and the next day you're too busy in the morning and cant log on but then you're able to finish up at 9pm that night, you'll end up wasting resin at the 160 cap. Then the next day if you can log on at 8am, you'll only have 104 resin, not enough to complete the 150 daily.

This game is FULL of this kind of shit. It's a great game to go exploring and shit, but to attempt to keep up with the game at the end game is ridiculous garbage.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I wouldn't even call anything in this game "end game". Difficulty, challenge and progression are almost a flat line compared to actual progression-based games. Sure you can technically grind artifacts forever, but there is no reason to when all the content can be cleared with average artifacts already.

This is more like super light mario kart entertainment via changing events.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't even call anything in this game "end game". Difficulty, challenge and progression are almost a flat line compared to actual progression-based games. Sure you can technically grind artifacts forever, but there is no reason to when all the content can be cleared with average artifacts already.

This is more like super light mario kart entertainment via changing events.

No one is clearing abyss 12 with average artifacts lol

• 1Solidarity