Genshin Impact

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Diluc, Xingqiu, Bennett, and whoever you like for the last spot. if you feel you need an extra healer, go Noelle or Barbara, if you want more damage, Fischl or Xiangling.

Fischl would be for the constant off-field overload reactions. Xiangling gets you extra fire damage during your burst windows.

Really its gonna kinda depend on which bosses or domains you want to farm, fit your team to whatever the circumstance is, you're gonna want a very different team for the pyro regisvine versus the mondstadt talent book domain.

Last edited:

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah go Bennet and Xingqui instead of Barbara and Rosaria since you will get more use of them later...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did the ar25 quest and got into WL2, surprisingly Yoimiya still destroyed mobs with her Ele Skill and only having the Slingshot bow. Then hit ar30 while clearing Dragonspine, and that is when mobs got a big boost. Yoimiya still performs well, easily the best DPS I have, with Diluc.

I really like the skills Xingqui has, but their cooldowns suck. Gearing Bennett for ER makes his Burst up very often. Still have to clear out Liyue quest lines, so Inazuma isn't open yet.

What is the tldr on the dislike for Yoimiya? I feel her Burst is pretty meh, but her Ele Skill is OP, imo and I haven't upgrade her Talents at all.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You can do all content at any world level except for maybe 3 staring all tower floors w/ any comp/char setup. Has been this way from launch onwards and makes no difference so just play what you like. I just faceroll everything w/ Jean.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, Yoimiya will easily clear content if you invest in her no problem at all. the hate she's getting is because people are specifically comparing her to other top-tier 5* characters. Her elemental reactions have an internal cooldown so she doesnt get AS much benefit from melt/vaporize as some other characters, her autoshots miss fairly often (seems like a lot more than other bow users), she doesn't have as much range on them as fischl or yanfei, and all of her damage is single target, she doesn't get much for AOE.

All of that to say she is still perfectly good, it's just minor nitpicks.

but for you, since you can't even access Inazuma for a while yet, you should stick with mondstadt and liyue characters until you at least get there.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I can see the lack of AoE as being the only weakness for Yoimiya, in every other way she clearly surpasses any other Bow user (for dmg at least). Looking at her Normal attack stats vs. other Bow users, she is way stronger. My guess is that her lack of AoE is due to trying to keep her balanced. I've noticed the opposite in regards to missing, I seem to miss shots more often with Fischl/Amber/Ganyu or Venti.

Found out the other day that we can now cross-save PSN to PC or PC to PSN. So I sent off an email to Mihoyo about the possibility of deleting PSN accounts to make it possible to link PC/PSN, since if you played GI on your PSN you're locked out from linking. Mihoyo says it is possible to do, so I'll probably do that since I'd rather use my PC characters (and I actually like the PS5 controller more than my Xbox).

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
another co-op web event, click on the link and you get free stuff, and I get free stuff. you can post your links too from the event webpage

Enter your Anniversary Theater Anniversary Web Event "An Unforgettable Journey" Now Online: Watch your own anniversary theater to obtain Primogems and other rewards
Just did that, thanks - here's my link.

Still playing this randomly when bored - got a Raiden with her legendary glavie and she's great fun to play with. Still unsure how to use her (maybe just Bennett/Xinqui/??). I'm still rocking Diluc as my main but he's a bit boring

Enter your Anniversary Theater Anniversary Web Event "An Unforgettable Journey" Now Online: Watch your own anniversary theater to obtain Primogems and other rewards

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
How is this game now? Was super into it for a few months (probably last played around Jan/Feb), but then just hit a wall with progression that felt like I had to spend money or grind a lot to break through. I really enjoyed my time with it, but the hook just faded when it boiled down to doing daily shit and having to wait for timed dungeons for materials etc.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
How is this game now? Was super into it for a few months (probably last played around Jan/Feb), but then just hit a wall with progression that felt like I had to spend money or grind a lot to break through. I really enjoyed my time with it, but the hook just faded when it boiled down to doing daily shit and having to wait for timed dungeons for materials etc.
There are some new characters and some new areas to explore, but the core game is still exactly the same. The end game is spiral abyss, which you do for a pathetic amount of primogems to hopefully pull another character you have to grind levels, weapon, and artifacts up to allow them to contribute to a team to do spiral abyss over again. I finally managed to snuff out the daily desire to log in so I didn't feel like I missed out on something.

• 1Like

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Patches are 6 week cycles with 1-2 weeks decent casual content then a month of dailies. At high levels the dailies take 10m~ a day. I’m still really enjoying it (Inazuma is great) but anniversary rewards sucked.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I’m still on this shit, 2.5 coming this wed -

I don’t know why I enjoy it so much - patches are like a week~ casual play and the next 5 weeks are 15m/day maintenance login. I haven’t pulled a character since the keqing banner last year but I think I’m finally gonna go in and c3r1 Raiden this patch.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone playing this? Just fired it back up and really enjoying it.

Izuyama is pretty cool but I can't belive how huge The Chasm is.

Started maxing out Hu Tao (quit just after her first banner) and she's obliterating everything now that her artifacts are good and at lv20, super fun.

Gator

Molten Core Raider

Izuyama is pretty cool but I can't belive how huge The Chasm is.

Started maxing out Hu Tao (quit just after her first banner) and she's obliterating everything now that her artifacts are good and at lv20, super fun.
I played the hell out of this when it released and quit around the same time as you did. I had a lucky roll on the Hu Tao banner, got her, and pretty much quit after that. I should jump back now and see all the new content. Plus I think they added crossplay with playstation so I have another option instead of just PC/mobile.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I played the hell out of this when it released and quit around the same time as you did. I had a lucky roll on the Hu Tao banner, got her, and pretty much quit after that. I should jump back now and see all the new content. Plus I think they added crossplay with playstation so I have another option instead of just PC/mobile.
Yeah I'm doing crossplay, PS4 and Android. So dumb that Android doesn't have controller support but the touch controls are actually great.

I levelled up Xingqu to use with Hu Tao and also have Qiqi, so that's Qiqi's heal over time and heal on hitting, Xingqu's damage reduction and heal on being hit AND hydro/cyro application. Then of course Hu Tao's burst heals herself too... I just don't need food anymore!

Got some levels and talents to work on but probably going to max Keqing next so I have two main DPS for Spiral Abyss.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

I played at launch for 2 weeks. Diablo Immortal got me interested in trying a better gacha game so i picked this up a month and a half ago. At realm level 46 or 47 now. Getting close to 50 when my max level will go up to 90. And man the grind you need for that is intense. For people starting now there is an insane amount of content and quests to do in this game.

They do a good job with getting people hyped up with story trailers

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played at launch for 2 weeks. Diablo Immortal got me interested in trying a better gacha game so i picked this up a month and a half ago. At realm level 46 or 47 now. Getting close to 50 when my max level will go up to 90. And man the grind you need for that is intense. For people starting now there is an insane amount of content and quests to do in this game.

They do a good job with getting people hyped up with story trailers
The quests are sheer torture though. Yes, you can "skip" the volumes of dialogue, but only after the first block of text is typed out. I feel sorry for anyone starting this game who happened to roll on the current banner for Kazuha or Heizou... it will take quite a while to get through all the Archon / Story / World quests that The Chasm is locked behind.

In my case, for my PC account, I rolled for Kazuha and Heizou, but now I have a -ton- of various quests to do just to get access to their post 40 lvl up materials. Sucks ass. The current Golden Apple event is pretty cool though, but still plagued by lots of quest text to skip through. The Dev love puzzles far too much.

Edit: I really do like Heizou though, the martial art playstyle combined with catalyst weapon is new / unique, he is just useless until I get him lvl'd up. He seems to be really flexible with team comps, pretty sure I could form a badass 4* / C6 team for him out of my roster.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The quests are sheer torture though. Yes, you can "skip" the volumes of dialogue, but only after the first block of text is typed out. I feel sorry for anyone starting this game who happened to roll on the current banner for Kazuha or Heizou... it will take quite a while to get through all the Archon / Story / World quests that The Chasm is locked behind.

Yeah im still not caught up on the Archon quests. I did finish Inazuma and the Chasm though. But the next quest is locked behind finishing a bunch of the character story quests. I also started that snow mountain place but it was a pain to do and left it unfinished. The biggest problem for new players if they roll on a current banner you have to get way further in the story to unlock the items to level the new characters up. When I restarted I rolled and got Ayaka, but could not level her up till I got to inazuma.