Geology, Earthquakes and Volcanos

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't found any videos of this earthquake that do a 7+ justice. I was going to say I'm not sure how that happens, but even with it lasting a good 45 seconds I didn't think to record any of the one last year. Just wasn't even remotely on my mind.

This is kind of crazy looking though.

Edit: Seems like there are only about 5 or 6 videos going around. This is the only one that has actual shaking, and only for the first 5-10 seconds.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Huh, somehow neither my wife nor I felt that 6.0 in Lone Pine. Weird because apparently everyone else in California did.

Although...we were both working out, so maybe that's why?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't feel shit here in Sacramento, and neither did anyone else at work. Pretty far from us though.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
whoops

volcano-NZ-Urey-photo-copy.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Weird ‘boomerang’ earthquake detected under the Atlantic Ocean
The trembler shot eastward across a deep gash in the seafloor, and then zipped back to where it started at incredible speeds. It moved so fast it created the geologic version of a sonic boom.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
whoops

View attachment 281410

I mean how damn dumb do you have to be?

Yeah, lets go to the active volcano in a t-shirt. That sounds like a good plan. The cruise line said it's perfectly safe, np, all good!

Guess they never heard about that husband and wife team who were both geologists studying volcanos. Pretty sure the two of them got cooked alive eventually. And those two took a lot of precautions. Happened within the past 10 years. They did a lot of work at St. Helens.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I mean how damn dumb do you have to be?

Yeah, lets go to the active volcano in a t-shirt. That sounds like a good plan. The cruise line said it's perfectly safe, np, all good!

Guess they never heard about that husband and wife team who were both geologists studying volcanos. Pretty sure the two of them got cooked alive eventually. And those two took a lot of precautions. Happened within the past 10 years. They did a lot of work at St. Helens.
Well, add that to the list of jobs to take arsenic pills to just in case.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Swarm of lower earthquakes east of San Diego apparently. Broke in the news here. Apparently a lot of 2 to 4 on the richter. I think they said 50+ in a few hours.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
US airbase at Iszmir, no reports

Video. Tsunami now and more tsunami warnings.

Tsunami video. Lot of reports of lots of buildings down.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, 7+ is no joke. I'd prefer to never experience that shit again. Feels like the earth is just pissed at you.

With how many old buildings are there, I'd imagine lots will be found dead unfortunately.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users