Get a free Kyle Rittenhouse at Culver's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This kid's entire life is on the line over this argument over some grainy footage and computer algos. It's honestly fucking terrifying.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
imagine the beatles GIF

Imagine all the people .....

Sounds pretty rad, actually.

• 3Truth!
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
This kid's entire life is on the line over this argument over some grainy footage and computer algos. It's honestly fucking terrifying.

Judge is going to explain Reasonable Doubt to the jury and how 16 pixels trying to be read like Tea Leaves doesnt come anywhere near close to the mark. It will come down to jury selection and did they fubar all this from the beginning.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Sweet according to fatlock it should be acceptable to tell people you're going to kill them since most of them are never followed up on.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Let's take the opposite idea for a moment using her words.

"This trial encapsulates the theme of white, wannabe revolutionaries"

and then Lemon would respond

"This is the ultimate entitlement, that you can go to someone's community and destroy their property and threaten then be made to be some kind of hero by the public."

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Sweet according to fatlock it should be acceptable to tell people you're going to kill them since most of them are never followed up on.

Here in Hawaii we have something called Terroristic Threatening and it is a Felony. We have shitty self defense laws here, but you if threaten to sodomize someone it can be grounds to light them the fuck up. The running joke is to call 911 and say 'Someone broke into my house and is now taking off his pants.'

• 6Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1636740999466.png

Hopefully it'd also be an acquittal because all things being equal that version of Rittenhouse would also have the right to prevent himself from dying.

You absolute fucking dipshit

• 12Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

The "Once you see it you can't unsee it" is really on display here. Depending on how you frame something in someone's mind your brain is going to see it. I didn't watch that part of the trial, but hopefully the defense showed the more likely way to interpret this still image.

Which brings up a point I'm not sure was discussed already here. Kyle has the gun strap up over his right shoulder correct? Which would make sense if he was right handed, so barrel of gun was pointed 45 degrees towards his left foot. If he was standing in the picture like the prosecution is making the case for, there isn't any way he could have pointed the gun in that position, standing the way he was.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 381953
Hopefully it'd also be an acquittal because all things being equal that version of Rittenhouse would also have the right to prevent himself from dying.

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Dodsengel

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 381953

Why are these people so obsessed with the idea that he was "from" another state?

Also, did I miss something, why is the gun illegal?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Very interesting -

Neither the prosecution nor the defense want the jurors to have unfettered access to the evidence presented.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Lesser included offenses are bullshit and part of the reason kitchen sink charging is a problem.

It should be incumbent on the state to pick a fucking charge and prove it.

• 6Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why are these people so obsessed with the idea that he was "from" another state?

Also, did I miss something, why is the gun illegal?
Because HE CROSSED STATE LINES makes it sound like he's a psycho who thoroughly planned his murder spree if you weight it like that.

Meanwhile like half of the people at my job live across state lines because it's a 15minute drive to counciltucky and rent is cheap as fuck.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Lesser included offenses are bullshit and part of the reason kitchen sink charging is a problem.

It should be incumbent on the state to pick a fucking charge and prove it.

Agreed. They did absolutely nothing to establish the elements of murder but whatever maybe the jury will like the sound of aggravated assault or manslaughter better. "Yeah, he's not a murderer but people are dead so one of these has to fit."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It would be interesting to see the results of a poll that asks people on either side of the partisan divide whether they'd make their political opponents disappear. Something like "if you could wave a magic wand and make every [Republican/Democrat] disappear, would you?"

I would assume that the percentage of Yes votes would be much higher on the left side. But it would be interesting to find out what the actual figures are.

Maybe a poll similar to this already exists and I haven't seen it yet, in which case, anyone who has, feel free to post it.
Maybe a year ago. Maybe two.

But not anymore.

The last page or so we have been talking about the realization that there is no longer any compromise. This is the moral and ethical battlefield of which I spoke. We used to try and point out hypocrisy, but increasingly the Right (and the Center) realizes that you have to fight back with the same rules or die in a pool of your own imagined moral superiority.

Everyone I know would poof the entirety of the progressive Left if given that wish. All of them.

The lack of compromise is disturbing to a good and moral person, but that needs to be tamped down for now. We can feel bad about it once we win, because losing at this point is our literal enslavement and reconditioning.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You really don't get it? It's pure tribalism. He's on the wrong team so he's automatically guilty. Reality must be altered to match that. This has happened with basically every high profile prosecution the last 5 years, left and right.

Can you give me an example of the right doing this?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Can you give me an example of the right doing this?
There's three options here bro.

He's either not going to respond; this is likely. Or, he'll respond with someone that nobody actually supported... some David Duke, Dylann Roof, Pulse nightclub killer fuckwad. Or, lastly, it'll be some dude from 1850 that did some racist shit that nobody thought was bad.

Take bets?

• 11Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users
Status
Not open for further replies.