Ghostbusters : Afterlife

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Haven't seen it yet. But this dude made several videos in past few years with potential signs this movie was gonna suck.

But apparently it is way better than expected? 👍

I’ll semi agree with that

it’s an 8/10 movie/ghostbusters movie. I’d almost consider it an epilogue to the franchise.

it’s on par with Ghostbusters 2

and in regarding Ramis

because Egons ghost cgi was made so incredibly well, to the point it seemed like they recorded a live performance and put it in the film with computers, I found myself unexpectedly tearing up as well

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I was worried about Rudd overacting, but seems he's going to fit the tone and isn't overdoing it.

i'll watch, but won't financially support it because there is too much Rudd-factor and he's a known risk.

teaser was billed as grim dark. we call that bait n switch

what else was changed since the pitch?

just because the movie looks good doesn't mean it jives with the original serious tone of the originals.

that same tone was promised in the teaser/pitch trailer for this project by the director.

Dry humor of Bill Murray and pals vs a Paul Rudd vehicle. Wonder what the difference is.

@Sevens Come again.

That's just a derail-- as the director had not indicated that this was intended to be a Paul Rudd vehicle in the teaser pitch when he got the job.

It was a Dark Comedy.

It wasn't an ass-shaker where you flop your circumcised dick around with little marshmallows dancing.

Paul Rudd is twerking left cheek, right cheek based on what I've seen.

But Sevens said its not a Paul Rudd movie, so I'll withhold judgment till then.

You off your fucking meds again?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I’ll semi agree with that

it’s an 8/10 movie/ghostbusters movie. I’d almost consider it an epilogue to the franchise.

it’s on par with Ghostbusters 2

and in regarding Ramis

because Egons ghost cgi was made so incredibly well, to the point it seemed like they recorded a live performance and put it in the film with computers, I found myself unexpectedly tearing up as well
iu

fuck them

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, it's a pretty good movie. It's like the Mandalorian - at it's heart fan service, but it's really good fan service.

It's got a lot of great quips, and the story is just wholesome, instead of being crammed full of woke bullshit.

Best movie I've seen this year.

Also, only movie I've seen this year, so take that for what it's worth.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate the vulture remakes.

But.

New Battlestar Galactica
Kobra Kai
Mandalorion

Those have been worthy.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
This was excellent. Unlike the other abomination, this was very respectful to the characters and story of the source material. And how they handled Harold Ramis was tasteful as well. They played it similar to The Force Awakens, in that they had mostly the same story as the original movie, and thus, was mostly fan service. Respectful, and very well done fan service. Worth a watch, just a damn shame they had to wait 30 years and Harold Ramis dieing for them to finally make this, but this is the real Ghostbusters sequel that people wanted.

Also, no stupid sequel stinger at the end. They did their story, ended it well and called it a franchise. I'm sure if the studio decides they want to beat a dead horse, they could force one, but there is nothing in the movie that is made to bait a 4th one. Bravo.

• 3Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Also, no stupid sequel stinger at the end. They did their story, ended it well and called it a franchise. I'm sure if the studio decides they want to beat a dead horse, they could force one, but there is nothing in the movie that is made to bait a 4th one. Bravo.

I definitely took the stinger with Janine and Winston as a sign that they could do more movies. It more or less canonized Ghostbusters International from the RPG they made in the 80s, and showed that they still own the OG firehouse, and the containment unit is still running there.

Sure, it could be a final goodbye, but they still used the Ghost Corps logo at the opening too, which is what they wanted to do all the new movies they had planned to follow up That Which Shall Not Be Named, and which that movie put into a grave.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Great movie, kids loved it. I looked over in the theater and my wife was asleep. They don't need to do another one and they probably shouldn't, but goddamn that little girl scientist was great and clearly stole the whole fucking show. They make another movie or a tv series with her and her podcast sidekick and we'll take the family to see that too.

• 3Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We ended up seeing this today on a whim. This and Dune are the first movies I've paid to see since Avengers Endgame....so about two years? wow. Pretty sure I won't pay to see another movie until Dune 2.

I don't know. Little girl scientist was pretty good, and I enjoyed the easter eggs. But, man....

Seeing the original actors again, but so old and weak...almost more sad than cool. Bill Murray seems so much older than even a few years back. Also, I'm still not fucking sold on how they handled Ramis. I'm sure his family agreed to that, but it was weirdly creepy. Sometimes its best to just leave things in the past. Hollywood needs new ideas. That said, this is miles upon miles fucking better than that 2016 shitshow. Paul Rudd wasn't bad, but he's almost always playing Paul Rudd.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I thought this was a pretty decent movie

Not sure why the rt is as low as it is.

• 1Solidarity

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It was entertaining, worth the watch, and a proper redemption. With that said, it was also paint-by-numbers filmmaking and formulaic Hollywood from beginning to end. When you really think about it, it contains not ONE single original idea.

I suspect Indy 5 will be similar.

-edit- Was I the only one who thought he would pop out of the charred dog and ask for orange slices?

Last edited:

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Great movie. Humor on point. And best of all free of the nihilism pervading entertainment today. Just joy.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Haven't seen it yet. But this dude made several videos in past few years with potential signs this movie was gonna suck.

But apparently it is way better than expected? 👍

We can now say we have a right and proper Ghostbusters trilogy. Very glad they got around to making the 3rd film in the series to tie it up.

and in regarding Ramis

Exactly, and I had the same reaction.... In all honesty, Bill Murray looked more like bad CGI.

Just got back from seeing it. I agree that it's in the 7.5-8/10 terrain. One big plot hole in the final bit but I can overlook it. This was an honest story continuation of the franchise, fits in well.

Now off to mine the salt of all those angry that it wholly ignores that overfeminist fanfic abomination from 2016.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely terrible. Maybe worst movie this year. The kind of people who like this shit are the same ones who think Kill Bill was revolutionary.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Salty

Witless

Trakanon Raider
Absolutely terrible. Maybe worst movie this year. The kind of people who like this shit are the same ones who think Kill Bill was revolutionary.
I don’t understand why you are in the running for asshat of the year. Your persona is faker than a pair of Vegas stripper tits.

Edit: Auto correct fail.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 4 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Decided to revisit the original last night after maybe a 4ish year break in seeing it. Movie still fucking rules. Yeah, some of the effects are dated. But I can recite half that movie after 4 years of not seeing it and it still kills me. Every one of the major cast just slays it. And there isn't a slow minute in that entire movie. Might be one of the most tightly written perfectly executed movies of all time. A classic that deserves its reputation.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity