Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Brad, just wondering if you"ve discussed the whole aversion to kissing thing with your counselor at all?

Brad2770

The most- Playing MMOs as much as I did. I ignored her for those damned games. Mainly its the fact I wasnt there for her and I didnt listen to her. She was my first real relationship. I regret messing up something I wanted more than anything.

At times, I feel like a person who has won the lottery, blew it all and is back where they used to be knowing they will not win the lottery again. If you kind of see what I mean. I have never been one to need money to be happy.

Brad2770

No, I havent. Which is actually kind of funny because I CRAVE it with Diane. I cannot tell you how it makes me feel when I kiss her. She was kissing my hands and my neck and my chest last night and I get these feelings through out my whole body, like my nerves are firing electrical charges all at once. Its better than sex. It makes my whole body tingle at once.

I like kissing her more than I ever did with my ex.

The reason I havent brought it up (to the therapist) is because it"s "gross" to me. Not a 2nd grader"s idea of gross, but I just dont like it. I am guessing it may have started because I was raised in a family of smokers and I could smell that when they would kiss me. I hated it and I hated kissing them. Once, I got older and had a say in the matter, I stopped it and it carried over into my dating. I just dont like it.

Anyways, Diane sent me this yesterday. I absolutely love kissing this girl.

Brad2770

I havent spoke much about my relationships lately in therapy. Mainly I have been talking about my son, the possibility of me looking for new work outside of Dallas and the fact I was reprimanded for something up at work that was linked to an Email failure and was out of my control. I was able to prove this, yet I was still reprimanded because it could get the company sued.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
She looks good Brad, very cute. I"d post pics of Michele...but fuck posting pictures in this forum, lol.

It"s cool you were able to get over your aversion to the whole kissing thing looks like whatever the issue was, you out grew it which is always a good thing.

And I know where your coming from with games and ignoring your ex, I was in that same boat at one point. You can regret it, but don"t let it ruin your life or eat at you, as long as you learned from it and know to not let it happen again that you"re good. We all make mistakes man we just gotta make sure in the end we learn from them and do not repeat them.

Whyme_foh

shitlord
Brad said:
At times, I feel like a person who has won the lottery, blew it all and is back where they used to be knowing they will not win the lottery again. If you kind of see what I mean. I have never been one to need money to be happy.
Dating is a lot like that except the numbers never change and you can always play another ticket. Assuming you don"t keep playing the same numbers you should eventually hit the jackpot.

Brad2770

Nah , I"m not over the kissing thing. I still dont like kissing, but I like Diane. I loved my ex. And when i was 17, I really liked this girl, Geneva, that lived near me. Those are the only women I have kissed.

And posting the pic, I dont mind. I have done it before.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Time to step back and realize that no one is going to take the long-winded shit you post about how other people are handling their relationships wrong when people can"t question yours.Legitimately I might add.
Some people might say that you dating three "serious" girlfriends before age 19 for "a few months" (oh man) is absolutely a legitimate excuse to question your opinion on dating,specifically. Dating and defied-all-odds relationships like yours are, as you"ve noticed, two completely separate beasts - and it should be obvious by now to someone who understands women as much as you do that some guys in here are currently not that kind of material. Why waste your time? Why preach to a crowd who isn"t interested in the context of what you have to say?

Maybe, Cutlery, people wouldn"t be giving you so much shit for your "married-at-19-had-a-baby-at-22-and-I"m-Mclovin"-it" relationship if you constantly didn"t try to hilariously overcompensate and justify it to every half-ass jab made in its general direction. I"m not sure how you can evenwritethe quote above and not stop, realize how you"ve been reacting, look lovingly at your non-batshit-insane wife (congratulations to you both), then laugh at yourself a little for being glaringly hypocritical and respond with a "*shrug*" to anyone who tries to attack you. When people are truly receptive and are interested in "decoding a female mind", you can be the first to point out that the only female minds worth having around are the ones who don"t require an Enigma machine.

Lighten up a little, man. =)

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Alcestis said:
Some people might say that you dating three "serious" girlfriends before age 19 for "a few months" (oh man) is absolutely a legitimate excuse to question your opinion on dating,specifically. Dating and defied-all-odds relationships like yours are, as you"ve noticed, two completely separate beasts - and it should be obvious by now to someone who understands women as much as you do that some guys in here are currently not that kind of material. Why waste your time? Why preach to a crowd who isn"t interested in the context of what you have to say?

Maybe, Cutlery, people wouldn"t be giving you so much shit for your "married-at-19-had-a-baby-at-22-and-I"m-Mclovin"-it" relationship if you constantly didn"t try to hilariously overcompensate and justify it to every half-ass jab made in its general direction. I"m not sure how you can evenwritethe quote above and not stop, realize how you"ve been reacting, look lovingly at your non-batshit-insane wife (congratulations to you both), then laugh at yourself a little for being glaringly hypocritical and respond with a "*shrug*" to anyone who tries to attack you. When people are truly receptive and are interested in "decoding a female mind", you can be the first to point out that the only female minds worth having around are the ones who don"t require an Enigma machine.

Lighten up a little, man. =)
Me? Oh yeah, I"m a complete jackass. Everyone will tell you that. It"s what I do. I"m a dick to everyone and everything, and smug beyond reproach.

Why waste my time? I dunno, I guess it"s because I"ve been through most of the shit these guys haven"t, and there"s always that "older brother" kind of advice thing going on..."Now, listen here, don"t make the same mistakes I did." It never fucking works, unfortunately. Really what irks me is all the people who claim to understand women and come up with elaborate games to get them interested. Newsflash -- any woman worth having doesn"t require you to play fucking games. Any relationship based on games is fucking worthless, you just haven"t gotten to the point where it"s obvious yet.

You really wanna know how to understand women? Don"t call them fat. Tell them you like it when they cook. Have an opinion on shit. Once in awhile, fix something around the house. Kill spiders for them. Know more than they do...even if you don"t, look it up and pretend like you do. Don"t wipe your dick on the curtains when you"re done.

That"s really all there is to it, and it"s ridiculous that it needs to be more complicated than that. Do you really wanna spend the rest of your life with something more complicated than that? Well then why the fuck practice for it?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
She"s baaaaaaaaaack (Anne): "I love Metric. Thank you so much for taking me to the concert! "

A friend back in April or May won tickets to a special acoustic show they played, couldn"t use them, so traded them with me for a couple Oilers tickets and I took her. She"d not really listened to them prior to the show, and I guess is a big fan now.

Ignore? Brief, curt reply? Pour out my heart and tell her that even though I"ve largely moved on (I swear!) I most likely wouldn"t be opposed to trying again? Fuck her mom?

I had actually been toying with the idea of sending her a text one night, something along the lines of "Why aren"t we like normal ex-couples with booty calls etc?", if only to see her reaction. Given her continued contact and knowing her personality, at the worst she"d laugh and tell me to get lost, at best she"d come over. I"ve been kind of stuck at the 80-90% "moved on" point for a couple months now, probably in large part because whenever I get close to not thinking about her for an extended period she texts me out of the blue as well as not having really met anyone else in the meantime where it"s gone anywhere past a date.

Before you berate me, I haven"t done anything!

yet

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Eomer said:
I had actually been toying with the idea of sending her a text one night, something along the lines of "Why aren"t we like normal ex-couples with booty calls etc?", if only to see her reaction. Given her continued contact and knowing her personality, at the worst she"d laugh and tell me to get lost, at best she"d come over. I"ve been kind of stuck at the 80-90% "moved on" point for a couple months now, probably in large part because whenever I get close to not thinking about her for an extended period she texts me out of the blue as well as not having really met anyone else in the meantime where it"s gone anywhere past a date.

yet
What

fucking

planet

do

you

live

on...

guy?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Eomer said:
I"ve been kind of stuck at the 80-90% "moved on" point for a couple months now, probably in large part because whenever I get close to not thinking about her for an extended period she texts me out of the blue
She doesn"t want you to move on because she likes when you sell your dignity to even have a brief conversation with her. She"ll keep doing it as long as you keep responding. It"s not a coincidence that it"s timed out so perfectly every time.

For the love of god, please don"t buy into that bullshit game she"s playing anymore. Please.

Text her back "you"re welcome." Nothing else, no smilies, no other lines, no other punctuation, nothing. And no matter her response, don"t send a single other reply under any circumstance. She will then send you another text that is a little more open-ended, a little easier to respond to, and makes you want to respond a little bit more than the first. It"ll also probably slightly give you hope that there"s a chance again.

I"d say just ignore her and never text her again, but I want to test my prediction, and we both know you are gonna text this chick anyway.

Stratos_foh

shitlord
Dabamf said:
Eomer said:
I texted back "little big planet" with nothing else, she responds back instantly "awe!! thanks! you"re the best!!"
Should have been the end of that texting convo. You"re just searching for any means necessary to continue any contact you get with her. It"s incredibly obvious, and if it"s obvious to me, a male, she senses it 10x as much.
Eomer said:
I respond "that"s a loaded text, correct me if I"m wrong."

Her: "Ok. But maybe you"re over analyzing? I dunno."

Me: "over analyzing is my specialty! Have a fun halloween, I"m hitting the sack."
didn"t hurt nothin last time amirite

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Dabamf said:
I"d say just ignore her and never text her again, but I want to test my prediction, and we both know you are gonna text this chick anyway.
Let the experiment begin! Texted her as instructed. I just have to resist the urge for 24 hours then I"m out of texting range for a week, together we can do this!

Trust me Eomer, I know the bs your dealing with right now. It"s tough as balls to manage through and I still can"t even do it. I know what I NEED to do, but my fucking brain won"t let me.

Lusiphur_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
She"s baaaaaaaaaack (Anne): "I love Metric. Thank you so much for taking me to the concert! "

A friend back in April or May won tickets to a special acoustic show they played, couldn"t use them, so traded them with me for a couple Oilers tickets and I took her. She"d not really listened to them prior to the show, and I guess is a big fan now.

Ignore? Brief, curt reply? Pour out my heart and tell her that even though I"ve largely moved on (I swear!) I most likely wouldn"t be opposed to trying again? Fuck her mom?

yet
Jesus, you know this is a bad idea. Youpostedit in a way that says you know it is a bad idea. Wtf, man

Seriously its at the point where I think you should just blurt out undying love and have her crush you emotionally. You don"t seem to be getting the message through other means.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Honestly, go for it Eomer. You"re so sub-consciously obsessed with her that the normal cost-benefit analysis can be thrown out the window. Maybe you"ll be the one-in-a-million couple that makes it work the second time around. Realistically you won"t be, but perhaps after it doesn"t work for the second time you"ll be ready to move past.

Alternatively you can just ignore her texts or, better still, block her entirely.

Nah.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
She"s stringing you along, tossing you a bread crumb anytime you stray off course from being within her reach every now and then.

You need to do one of two things, both were mentioned here.

Either just flat out ignore her or flat out tell her you love her, either way it"ll end things...it"s just one is messier and will hurt more then the other.

You"re taking so many steps backwards it"s mind boggling and I just don"t understand it.