Girls who broke your heart thread

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Sutekh said:
risking your life for someone unwilling to change their ownwhen it"s so amazingly easy, is retarded.
Yeah. You know absolutely nothing about abuse dynamics.

But more importantly, I"m pretty sure Ravvenn and I could make shitting on anyone"s chest interesting and awesome.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wurstsalat said:
Don"t lie, we all know what you Germans are into

I"m mostly English so
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPwhY5RzeGk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CPwhY5RzeGk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

and

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFi2GWrliDA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qFi2GWrliDA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

As far as Ohio goes, no thanks, I don"t care how smokin" she is.

Brad2770

Tarrant220 said:
So after bare backing a few times we"re gonna start using condoms, (she is on BC as well). I haven"t used a condom in 9 years and when I did...I could never get off. I"m a bit worried about it, we"ll see what happens I guess. I know it"s the right decision I don"t have any issues with it what so ever just my mind keeps playing the thoughts of last time I used them....so yeah, we"ll see how this goes.
Well, we know the exact date "The Decision" was made. hehehe (I couldnt find a post that actually stated that you stopped using them, but this is close enough.)

Tarrant220 said:
....and just found out her parents fucking love me. Score.
They still love you? =D

__________________________________________________ _________________

I was reading through old shit in this thread and these made me chuckle. Sorry to rib you, Tarrant, but I am kind of curious how you feel looking back on the posts around the 27th of Nov.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Alcestis said:
Sutekh said:
risking your life for someone unwilling to change their own when it"s so amazingly easy, is retarded.

But more importantly, I"m pretty sure Ravvenn and I could make shitting on anyone"s chest interesting and awesome.
You"re missing the important fact that when Brad made the decision to get involved, he had 0 way of knowing whether or not this was a repeat incident, making any statement of "she"s just gonna get back with him" completely ignorant. He could have very well stood by and watched a woman--without even the guilt of forgiveness--get murdered and done nothing because the dirty mexican certainly has a switchblade (and undoubtedly drives an el camino with hydrolics).

I"m gonna shut up now. I made the mistake of getting pissed off again when people are acting like total fucking idiots. Lesson re-learned.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Brad2770 said:
Well, we know the exact date "The Decision" was made. hehehe (I couldnt find a post that actually stated that you stopped using them, but this is close enough.)

They still love you? =D

__________________________________________________ _________________

I was reading through old shit in this thread and these made me chuckle. Sorry to rib you, Tarrant, but I am kind of curious how you feel looking back on the posts around the 27th of Nov.
First two times we fooled around we weren"t using anything, which I stated. I"ve never hidden anything on here or with anyone else. -shrugs-

And yes, her parents who are ultra conservative do in fact adore me, as does the rest of her family. It"s still weird, I"ve never had inlaws that liked me so it"s an odd thing and I"m still adjusting to it.

Looking back on it I feel pretty much the same as I did back then, it wasn"t the right time for things to happen. I"d be a liar if I said I didn"t miss the times when we could go out on the spur of the moment without thinking of this or that. On that same token though we"ve been living together since everything kinda took off and things have been great. We"ve had rough times here and there but everyone does and we"re closer now then we ever have been.

She"s 32 weeks along now (as of yesterday) and due October 3rd, though I think she"ll go early. Baby shower is next week.

I got my ring last week, we"re getting married Labor Day weekend. Just something really small for now, we want to save money for the baby and next year we"ll have something more extravagant.

I"ve learned a lot over the past almost year, I"m proud of how we"ve handled things thus far.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alcestis said:

What more is there to understand?*if you"re being beaten half to death by your spouse, leave. Sure there"s always the threat of the spouse reacting to that, but would you rather live your life in fear and getting your ass kicked. Or just live in fear. Economical dependency? That"s the biggest load of shit I"ve ever heard in my life. My mother raised three kids, after filling bankruptcy, while going to school. You want to stay with the original father of your kids? Why would anyone want to foster children in that kind of environment. You love the person? One simple rule to live your life by, don"t let your emotions control your life, hundreds of self-help books have been made with that as the topic. Pick up one, maybe it will help you become a better person (No I don"t mean you, I mean the theoretical person in this situation).

*This is not a rhetorical question

The only reason that I take the stance I have on this situation is because I"ve personally seen the same exact situation happen at least three times. and one time is when me, my brother, and my father got involved and the outcome was the same. Cops came arrested the dude and the girl said nothing happened. Said she got her bruises and black eye(from previous abuse) from falling down the stairs. If someone"s not willing to change their own life then what good is a stranger going to do to help it?

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Sutekh said:
If someone"s not willing to change their own life then what good is a stranger going to do to help it?
Because you can"t make that judgement when suddenly presented with the situation, because while "controlling" one"s emotions may be a simple thing, it isn"t easy. Because abusive situations/relationships are not dictated by rational logic. Because everyone in that kind of situation should get a second and third and fourth etc chance to get out. And fuck anyone too selfish and cowardly not to intervene in that kind of situation.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I"m sure anyone would have intervened had they seen it happening, as would I have. But shit it"s a dumb thing to do, but that"s bravery for you.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It"s not dumb, just risky and the decent thing to do. Dumb woulda been attacking the guy.

Kinda reminds me on a day time talk show once I saw this chick whos boyfriend attacked her, she ran outside into the street while he chased her and in full sight of everyone in the neighborhood he caught her, knocked her down, pulled out a gun and shot her in the face with a handgun.

She lost an eye and had to have tons of sugery on her face....which still looked way fucked up and said she still loved him and would wait for him to get out of prison because she loves him still.

People like that deserve to be shot yes, but you don"t know if the person in a situation is that kinda person, you just gotta kinda make the decision and go with it.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
And those "waste of a life" citizens didn"t do anything to stop the guy? How pathetic.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Because I"m sure two people running full speed from the front door of their house into the street and him pulling the trigger allowed people up the street a lot of time to react?

Make valid points, not retarded ones.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
There"s potential danger everywhere, sometimes you have to/should take risks. Doesn"t mean that acting on a dangerous situation is dumb. There are of course more effective and safe ways to go about such things. *shrug* We"re more or less saying the same thing. I suppose that"s enough tangent action for now.

Glad to see things are going well for you Tarrant.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tarrant220 said:
Because I"m sure two people running full speed from the front door of their house into the street and him pulling the trigger allowed people up the street a lot of time to react?

Make valid points, not retarded ones.
the post was in a mocking manner, I agree with you :p

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Its just the moral question, are you your brothers keeper, or do you serve only your own interests. If you are a physically imposing person you have more capacity to intervene in physical altercations. The question is should you? The logic of being a bystander when you personally could do something can be explored by just asking yourself under what event(s) would you intervene.

Thing to remember is there are people arguing "call the cops" or "go confront the guy". I would have to take the call the cops route because I"m a physically unimposing person with no capacity to handle a situation that came to physical blows. The point I think we should agree on, is do something relative to your position in a situation where you can influence the outcome.

If you argue that you"re a self absorbed individual with no moral obligation to do anything to assist another then you"re a fuckstick.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Good job, Brad.

You probably saved a life, and had no way of knowing that she"s a repeat abuse victim and would keep going back for more. For all you know, it couldda been the first time he"s snapped, and she couldda walked away. Impossible to tell. It"s sad that"s the way it is, but that"s the way bitches are. That"s a whole different thread, honestly. Doesn"t take away from having the balls to stand up and do something about it.

Just don"t get yourself shanked, and you"ll do just fine bud.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Dandain said:
I would have to take the call the cops route because I"m a physically unimposing person with no capacity to handle a situation that came to physical blows.
I have found that a quick punch to the throat gives you quite a capacity to handle certain situations regardless of your stature. Obviously you don"t want to just pull that out anywhere, but if it looks like your choices are get shanked or punch to the throat, try to be first with the throat thing.

And good job Brad. The thing the rest of you are forgetting is that the momentum starts in the "do nothing" corner most of the time, because people don"t want to get involved. But once someone does, often the momentum swings and everyone jumps in to "be a hero" because there is safety in numbers. No one wants to be that first guy, but it is a whole lot easier to be the second, or fifth, or tenth guy. Those two other guys came over once they saw someone else stand up to him. Of course, once Brad left they sort of lost their bravado, but that"s because they were still a bunch of pussies that needed the alpha to guide them.

Obviously getting involved isn"t always the best decision, but sometimes you just have to, and hope it turns out for the best.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Vvoid said:
I have found that a quick punch to the throat gives you quite a capacity to handle certain situations regardless of your stature..
Isn"t that a good way to accidentally kill someone?