Gloomhaven

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Looks cool, we’ve barely got into Gloomhaven so I’m not in, maybe in retail if we ever finish GH. I thought it had a chance to beat Kingdom Deaths record but it doesn’t look like it will, still a damn good run for how low the entry point is and not really many addons like KDM.

It does. Only a million to go, and he offered some pretty sweet shit yesterday to get him over the hump.

Envelope X materials is one of the biggest gripes with the game and being able to get them is pretty big. Made him another 1.4 million in less than a day.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It does. Only a million to go, and he offered some pretty sweet shit yesterday to get him over the hump.

Envelope X materials is one of the biggest gripes with the game and being able to get them is pretty big. Made him another 1.4 million in less than a day.

Nice. I knew if he had some good add-ons he would break it he just didn’t until that one sounds like. The people who are in now are going to buy whatever the hell he offers up, just like KDM. If he releases anything else this morning KDMs record is toast.

I think KDM is closer to $30 million now because the pledge manager is staying open as the different waves get closer to release. I could see GH fan base having that same level of interest/buy-in, there just isn’t enough stuff to purchase to go that high.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Frosthaven a couple hundred k away from beating KDM record with 4 hours left. Kingdom Death posted an update about it on their own Kickstarter encouraging them, and backed it themselves, even though Adam doesn’t really like it. Pretty cool.

82139935-FF2E-4ADF-A502-13AE63C0A69D.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
I'm in it just for the printed solo scenarios (for both), coins and envelope x content. I'll pickup frosthaven at release as with Taxes and shipping it will cost more via kickstarter.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Frosthaven a couple hundred k away from beating KDM record with 4 hours left. Kingdom Death posted an update about it on their own Kickstarter encouraging them, and backed it themselves, even though Adam doesn’t really like it. Pretty cool.

View attachment 266706
What puts me off KDM is the price, its obscene. I thought the original kickstarter was quite cheap and they just rinsed their success and now overcharge for everything by a huge amount?

Shame as it looks cool.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I want to be in, but I'm still trying to finish up my GH with my group. We are probably 10-12 scenarios from finishing. We play once a week at best, 1-2 scenarios at a time, so it will be a few months until we finish. Then we still have Forgotten Circles to go through, and then maybe Jaws of the Lion. I did pledge $1 so I have time to decide later.

Frosthaven looks ridiculously good, and if you haven't gotten anything from them in the past, the GH/Frosthaven bundle is an extremely good deal, basically throwing in GH for like $50. Be sure to watch for shipping costs though, they are pricey.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What puts me off KDM is the price, its obscene. I thought the original kickstarter was quite cheap and they just rinsed their success and now overcharge for everything by a huge amount?

Shame as it looks cool.

I do not disagree with you. It’s a boutique model, small runs with high prices. Like any boutique model, it isn’t for everyone and has a smaller base. I only do the stuff with gameplay because it has a lot of hours involved with the assembly, painting, playing, but still agree it’s overly expensive. The non gameplay stuff people gobble up blows my mind.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
FYI, the Gloomhaven Standalone small box expansion Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion Board Game launches this Sunday. Target exclusive for the month of July. It is designed to be a more accessible version of the game, with less complicated classes and less parts (IE: you play the scenario on the map book, instead of using tiles).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm absolutely buying this and then giving it away hoping to get a buddy and his kids addicted

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting, has the Frosthaven classes too. Might see if I can find one

I think it’s only 8 of the Gloomhaven classes. It’s a stripped down version of the first, less classes, less maps, etc. I mean it’s probably still a good game and easier to introduce people to.

Arrion

Trakanon Raider
It's 4 unique classes, all of them new and not in the original Gloomhaven or Frosthaven. The first 3 scenarios (and scenario 4-5 sort of) are an extended tutorial/learn to play, so it's much more accessible and easier to start than the original. It's definitely a much better starting point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Anyone looking for a copy of this? Me and my wife made it halfway through the first mission before we called it quits being a bit too hardcore for her. I really don’t see us trying it again, I have it on steam if I want to play solo so I’m going to give away my copy. All the content should be in the box but it was thrown in so it’ll be a clusterfuck to organize initially. PM me if interested, lower 48 states only.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Target version is much much more friendly to less extreme gamers while still having the overall depth of the original.

I would go so far as to say it's better overall owing to the cool way they use the scenario book to provide lots of atmospheric detail along with easy to follow scenario rules and minimal setup time.

Goatface

anyone got a printable original gloomhaven player's mat? like this.
1630978688785.png

just looking for something basic, but all the links to free ones i have found are dead. trying to play with friend's kid and he need some organization help...

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
anyone got a printable original gloomhaven player's mat? like this.
View attachment 371410
just looking for something basic, but all the links to free ones i have found are dead. trying to play with friend's kid and he need some organization help...

Search the Gloomhaven subreddit. Found this within a few seconds of looking, there's probably something on there that will be more to your liking. This is apparently the direct copy off TTS.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Whats the size of those things? I'm seeing 18 x 10 for some of them but would that be a good size?

Looking at:

to do a custom print. May do another company, this is just the first one to come up when I searched.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
All this organization talk. Julian The Apostate Julian The Apostate gifted me his copy, I spent some time 3D printing some nice organization stuff. Not my design. Makes it so much easier to break out.

14E0EBB4-E309-496B-8CD1-0F0D2FCB8C6D.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 2Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users