Gloomhaven

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I backed this two years ago and went back recently to see the progress. They have done a great job adapting it faithfully and I look forward to being able to play it with people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
You can play it with people now. Honestly, the game is in really good shape, and has been for most of this year.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
WildermythE and Stolen RealmE have kinda scratched the itch for the multiplayer combat style of this game while we've waited for them to finish it up. Looking forward to digging into it after it releases.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Tomorrow is the release day! Who else is ready to get their Mindthief on??

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not really into thieving minds, I just want to infect everything with poison and death via bugman. Definitely was my favorite class from playing tabletop with friends.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Anyone try the multiplayer during ea? Never got around to trying it- might harass some friends if it’s stable.

steam threads talking that the servers seem to be melting.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I did, MP worked great.

Looking forward to digging into this.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Tomorrow is the release day! Who else is ready to get their Mindthief on??

I got to play my MT for all of 4 scenarios.

Apparently, it counts party kills towards your retirement goal. So, kill 20 bandits or cultists took me all the way to level 2, and then it unceremoniously retired me. Didn't even have enhancements unlocked. Fucking bogus.

Oh well, got a new pally to tank for me.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played it a bit with my dad for an hour or so. They did a great job with the multiplayer/campaign.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
As someone who never played the board game, my brother (who regularly buys Eurogames and has us play them over the holidays) had gotten this and recommended I try the PC version. I was all like nah looks weird. Then I watched someone play on Twitch for a whole 20 minutes and was like fuck, this is amazing. Now I am balls deep in this. 6 or 7 scenarios completed, just playing by myself for the time being with 3 (Mindthief, Spellweaver, Cragheart). Game is hard and fun. Spell/Crag just hit 5, haven't gotten any retirements yet. I think I may have been a bit ambitious choosing Spellweaver as my "main" as I didn't quite understand that everything was on a timer due to Burn and failed the first scenario 4 times before I figured out card management and didn't do silly shit like burn cards to block damage.

Great fun, and way cheaper and easier to play when I have small children, and can't spend hours board gaming but once a year.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who never played the board game, my brother (who regularly buys Eurogames and has us play them over the holidays) had gotten this and recommended I try the PC version. I was all like nah looks weird. Then I watched someone play on Twitch for a whole 20 minutes and was like fuck, this is amazing. Now I am balls deep in this. 6 or 7 scenarios completed, just playing by myself for the time being with 3 (Mindthief, Spellweaver, Cragheart). Game is hard and fun. Spell/Crag just hit 5, haven't gotten any retirements yet. I think I may have been a bit ambition choosing Spellweaver as my "main" as I didn't quite understand that everything was on a timer due to Burn and failed the first scenario 4 times before I figured out card management and didn't do silly shit like burn cards to block damage.

Great fun, and way cheaper and easier to play when I have small children, and can't spend hours board gaming but once a year.
Yeah it definitely takes me playing it for a bit to get used to the “you don’t have unlimited turns to beat this” mechanics again after not playing for so long.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Steam released achievements for Gloomhaven now that it's in full release. One of them is very triggering....

1640107482167.png

• 1Worf

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
As tempted as I am by Jaws of the Lion I'm glad I backed out of Frosthaven.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Been playing this with a buddy and it is very enjoyable. Love it :) (PC)

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
does anyone have the bonus/kickstarter scenarios?

The community campaigns?

Look on the subreddit, sidebar, custom content.

Fyi, only the first one or 2 is any good. The Forgotten Circles and Frosthaven ones were pure AIDS and my group decided unilaterally to never speak of them again

Goatface

was looking for ones like
No Pun Included Season 2 Scenario (Beyond the End of the World)
SC1 The Secret Cabal Season 1 (Secrets of the Lost Cabal) etc

--
while on that page, played any of the 10 scenario mini-campaigns?