God of War (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

So this go round he's going to be fighting Norse gods. I guess the next GoW he will be killing Egyptian gods in Egypt. Sooner or later he's gonna run out of gods to kill.

Well we got a what... 6? Games from Greek gods, and there were still plenty left lol- so I am sure a few games in norse

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That was old Kratos, this is nu-Kratos.
"nu-Kratos and his wife's son set out on a grand adventure across Midgard. It's the Dark Souls of walking simulators. 10/10" -- Polygon, probably.

• 1Trump
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Physical copy from Amazon is back up, not sure for how long

Vorph

Since it's not perfectly stable 1080p60 (more like 40-60 according to DF) it's going to come down to personal preference, just like Monster Hunter. Some people don't notice a bit of judder, others will find it more annoying than a 30 fps lock.

If you are still on a 1080p TV, performance mode should win easily though, unless you're extremely sensitive to judder.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Since it's not perfectly stable 1080p60 (more like 40-60 according to DF) it's going to come down to personal preference, just like Monster Hunter. Some people don't notice a bit of judder, others will find it more annoying than a 30 fps lock.

If you are still on a 1080p TV, performance mode should win easily though, unless you're extremely sensitive to judder.
Yeah at 1080p performance might be the way to go. Once you go 4k though its hard to give up that fidelity.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Digital foundry or fucking Polygon?

Hmmmm I wonder which one I’m going with.
Best part about the Polygon review is that it was all done on a 1080p screen...but telling you 4k might not be the best o_O. Then at the very bottom it has an edit that they finally had someone test it on a 4k screen.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best part about the Polygon review is that it was all done on a 1080p screen...but telling you 4k might not be the best o_O. Then at the very bottom it has an edit that they finally had someone test it on a 4k screen.
Do you get less of a performance drop when you use the wrong display to view a 4K input?

Vorph

Do you get less of a performance drop when you use the wrong display to view a 4K input?
Nah, if the game's Pro mode says to render in 4K, it renders in 4K. You should always leave the new supersampling mode on because it's higher quality than using the scaler.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
ACG's Review finally came out today... Wanted to know what these spoilers are that make it so hard to review it. Guess ill find out next week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I can finally use those Gamestop gift cards family keeps buying me. Glad I upgraded to the Pro for my PSVR. I still lack a 4k TV though :*(

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I could play at 4k 30fps, I certainly would do that, but I'm a pleb so it'll be 1080p Performance.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Good news for me, going to be home for a week instead of traveling for work starting Friday. Was supposed to be gone for another 2 weeks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
ACG's Review finally came out today... Wanted to know what these spoilers are that make it so hard to review it. Guess ill find out next week.

Great review. My body is ready, can't freaking wait. Where are the "with spoilers" reviews for those of us who don't care...