Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When they bucking up the cash for the rights to Gamera?

Should be a movie of straight Godzilla vs Gamera no human story arcs besides damage control and minimizing the impact on cities globally.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When they bucking up the cash for the rights to Gamera?

Should be a movie of straight Godzilla vs Gamera no human story arcs besides damage control and minimizing the impact on cities globally.
i loved Gamera as a kid, his special move of shooting fire from his shell was pretty epic. i think he was always a good guy, he would have to team up with Kong and G-dog to fight a really big bad.
iu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Legendary (the studio behind these movies) flat out owns King Kong, while Godzilla, Gamera, Ghidora, etc have to be licensed from Tojo in japan. They probably wanna focus more on King Kong for a movie or two before bringing Godzilla and company back again, I can see the next movie being completely in Hollow Earth with new monsters from there.

It would be wild if they showed 20 million years ago or whatever when Kong's ancestors made the throne and fought Gojira's grandpappy, it would be great because there probably wouldn't be any humans but I could see studios really hesitant to do anything like that. They'll probably do a mix, like a 20 min flashback or history sequence before modern day Hollow Earth.

Nothing is announced so far, although I expect they are working out plans on what to do next since this movie is clearly making money.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
I have very little interest in future Kong solo films. Godzilla is just a better design and 'character' in my opinion.

As for enemies... they really splurged most of them already.

The only enemies 'bigger' than King Ghidorah would be Hedorah, Biollante, or Destoroyah.

Out of those, Hedorah would require them to introduce the Xiliens. Biollante is weird science stuff. Destoroyah, however, already has it's origins set up - It was created when the Oxygen Destroyer (the big bomb from King of the Monsters) woke up/messed up a bunch of tiny organisms. They eat things and get stronger/bigger, with eventually eating a chunk of Godzilla would bring about it's 'final' form and man, would I like to see that with a big CGI budget.

latest.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They can create some kaiju too. Most of the ones they used in King of the Monsters were original non-Toho, although apparently they wanted to use ones like Anguirus, Biollante, and Gigan but didn't have the budget for borrowing them. With Hollow Earth now unveiled, they could bring anything up from there to challenge Godzilla though.

I hope they don't sweat Kong, he's fucking boring compared to Godzilla.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Movie was okay. Human parts were shit, par for the course, but at least it had some self awareness like the password sequence "GO TO SETTINGS!" I'm pretty sure 90% of us would try to do that before trying every password we could think of. Also the drink is lame but definitely better than "OH WAIT, THE PW MUST BE GOJIRAD34TH69! Ah-ha! I'm in!"

Nice to see toe to toe Godzilla beat Kong overall. Pretty sure that's how it should be. I'm pro Godzilla though so maybe my bias. Kong's fights are definitely cooler with other monsters, but Godzilla just casually fucks up buildings/ships in such an awesome way. His two-for-one with his tail in the ocean was great. Everyone expects Kong to be much smarter but Godzilla isn't an actual lizard brain, he knows what he's doing and you can see it through his tactical destruction and his fighting vs Kong.

• 3Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
The least plausible thing in this movie about giant monsters and the earth being hollow was probably the civil engineering that the evil megacorp got up to 8)

In fact, probably the civil engineering that *everyone* got up to - how the fuck did they get that many girders to skull island ? Who paid for this shit ? ;p

As far as it goes, this was top tier smashing shit up, with a surprisingly coherent plot for how ridiculous it was.

Sterling

El Presidente
Movie wasn't particularly good but not a complete shitshow I guess. Like you have to know going into it that it's going to be retarded, but hopefully it's fun and works in a way that's just enjoyable. There was some of that, but maybe there just wasn't enough of it to quite get there for me.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
yes, the telepathy is how they are communicating with the Mecha godzilla from the base. its how the Ghidorah heads were communicating. even though there is no fucking brain in either skull so you wouldnt have anything, but sure, in this movie the skull is the same as the brain.
Also two heads attached to the same body wouldn't need telepathy to communicate.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Overall was a fun film. Can’t expect much more from a Godzilla/Kong movie. It was a little drawn out in some parts and the story got a little too convoluted. And the flipping back and forth between 2 storyline perspectives was a bit much.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Got the monster fights I was after. I always find the CG a bit disappointing in these movies though. They never quite look photo real. Especially after a movie like War for the Planet of the Apes, which really set the bar.
I didn't like the overt sci-fi elements. Hollow Earth was cool, just wish they found a better way to get there. I also found the design of Mecha Godzilla to be underwhelming.
Still a fun movie for the most part. But King of Monsters was better

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
This shit was boring as shit. Only good thing was the soundtrack.

• 4Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
This wasn’t bad. I wasn’t expecting some amazing human element here. I wanted monster fights and I definitely got that.

Godzilla has clearly been working on his running speed in his downtime. He closed ground in fights fast as fuck.

I liked the power levels of Godzilla and Kong. I felt Godzilla moved King with ease and you could see where kongs agility played in. I thought when Kong was getting jump started by that vehicle we were for sure gonna get some lightning punches. Denied

Mecha G was cool looking and definitely could have defeated kong and Godzilla 1v1.

I hope we get more monster verse movies but I am doubting it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This wasn’t bad. I wasn’t expecting some amazing human element here. I wanted monster fights and I definitely got that.

Godzilla has clearly been working on his running speed in his downtime. He closed ground in fights fast as fuck.

I liked the power levels of Godzilla and Kong. I felt Godzilla moved King with ease and you could see where kongs agility played in. I thought when Kong was getting jump started by that vehicle we were for sure gonna get some lightning punches. Denied

Mecha G was cool looking and definitely could have defeated kong and Godzilla 1v1.

I hope we get more monster verse movies but I am doubting it.
we'll get more, its the biggest hit movie in theaters in a long time. its on track to hit 50ish million opening weekend with theaters at only 33%. that blows away Tenet and WW84 which were in the theaters for a long time. GvK is already a big hit on HBOMax without that.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice fun WWF with monsters movie. As per usual the human element was boring. Cannot even imagine the casualty count for those fights.

In the first 18 seconds of the movie, when they are showing the movie credit, did anybody else get an Everquest Sound effects vibe? It was the jungle sound. Made me chuckle.

• 3Like

SeanDoe1z1

Taking 20mins+ out of the human scenes would have made this more enjoyable.

Start with the kids

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users