Going to College as an Adult

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You're real problem is doing STEM which makes online degree almost impossible. Its kind of fucked if you think about. Want a worthless liberal arts degree, sure online is fine no vax needed. Want something valuable like STEM? Sorry Charlie. in class only and need a vax.

Honestly, just make a fake vax card and be keep going to class.
The STEM classes I want are still listed as online so hopefully this will stay that way. Math over zoom is fucking aids though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The STEM classes I want are still listed as online so hopefully this will stay that way. Math over zoom is fucking aids though.
If you are going to do some summer research in a lab without a mask, vaccine card, and Biden 2020 sticker....good luck. Went and visited my old lab in Montana last summer and it was ridiculous. And these were some of the top freshwater biologists/ecologists in their field, super smart people. Thankfully the superintendent of the campus, the guy that actually keeps the lights on and the equipment running, thought it was all horseshit and we ended up having a blast for a week. Not the lab geeks though.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If you are going to do some summer research in a lab without a mask, vaccine card, and Biden 2020 sticker....good luck. Went and visited my old lab in Montana last summer and it was ridiculous. And these were some of the top freshwater biologists/ecologists in their field, super smart people. Thankfully the superintendent of the campus, the guy that actually keeps the lights on and the equipment running, thought it was all horseshit and we ended up having a blast for a week. Not the lab geeks though.
Yeah I know wet lab is out of the question. Luckily what I was invited to do is purely in silico so I can do that poo remotely.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What I find comical is the same academics now telling you that you can do your STEM degree "online" are the same ones who have been telling us for years online degrees are garbage. Funny that.
They weren't wrong

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Its the hypocrisy I was pointing out.
They all turned from "fuck you this shit is tough so work hard or fail" to "its ok if you feel upset by WuFlu, here is some free points on your final to pass". Bunch of faggots.

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Also in order to make up for the stellar grades in the spring semester, on top of molecular genetics and research, I added an Operating Systems class. This should probably demolish me, will report tears in 6 weeks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Man I fucking despise classes with heavy memorization. Give me some problems to solve, dont make me memorize 1000 page books. Fucking hell; i am too old for this shit.

• 1Solidarity

sindaael

<Banned>
Feel like a damn failure in physics. Selected string theory prior to nuclear physics. Turned shit upside down everywhere. I knew better than that, but made a mistake.

This is like me picking a cleric in EQ over a dps. That won't get you fame in this world, which demeans the purpose. Nothing God could do after it's happened.

I liked physics too, but I no longer have the motivation for it based on this fiasco. Now I'm back to playing EQ again etc.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I'm attending Southern New Hampshire for my online education. I'm going for a computer science degree until I transfer over to Florida State. These are two of the schools available for free through Sam's Club free education benefits.
Anyway, in order to get to ANY of the legit classes for my Computer Science degree, I'm 100% required to take a shit load of bullshit liberal nonsense. Liberal arts, social science... I think there are 6 classes in total, just to take my FIRST real Computer Science class. I even asked them to change it, and they said that every other class is locked out until I complete these classes first. What is this garbage indoctrination?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I'm attending Southern New Hampshire for my online education. I'm going for a computer science degree until I transfer over to Florida State. These are two of the schools available for free through Sam's Club free education benefits.
Anyway, in order to get to ANY of the legit classes for my Computer Science degree, I'm 100% required to take a shit load of bullshit liberal nonsense. Liberal arts, social science... I think there are 6 classes in total, just to take my FIRST real Computer Science class. I even asked them to change it, and they said that every other class is locked out until I complete these classes first. What is this garbage indoctrination?
I went to University of Florida and when I went there was exactly 1 required Social Justice piece of shit class. From what I hear now there are 5. But this varies school to school. What you're running into now is largely why I hated university.

HOWEVER. If you have not already use CLEP tests to skip a lot of this shit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think you misunderstand his bit about liberal arts requirements. Its not SJW liberal shit, its the standard liberal arts classes all schools require (like english comp, humanities, lit classes etc).

If you went to UF you had the same thing. In Florida they call it the IFP (intellectual foundations program), which is another way of saying the classes you need for an AA if you go to a community college and get your AA.
Nah I skipped everything except the department and major requirements due to taking every CLEP possible in the Army and attending DLI in Monterey, California. Still had to take the loner SJW class about racism and equality though.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Took my final in International business. One of the great hacks of college is taking summer classes. 99 times out of 100, the professor just phones it in because they dont want to be there any more than anyone else. I would never advise taking a class in the summer thats actually important or critical, but shit like foreign language requirements or Intl Business :) its a-ok.

I have my capstone class starting in a week and then I am done with the MBA in Aug.

Do you feel like any of this MBA experience is worth it? Or solely for the three letters?

I decided not to pursue an MBA for the reason that I found 95% of college to be completely useless shit that I could have learned myself quickly through application, or already knew. Or just flat out logically obvious. This kept me from spending 2 years and a ton of money on 3 letters.