Going to College as an Adult

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I do wonder if I am grading a bit too tough. So many people getting absolutely destroyed by their own stupidity. Roughly 30% of the people lost 33% of the grade just for not following basic instructions. And some are just absolutely lost in the math. And some are obviously cheating. Intermediate steps are incorrect but your final answers is right? Ok bro. Also, boys are sloppy as fuck and lost points for being dumb and girls are neat and a pleasure to read.

Oh well. The professor can adjust the absolute raping i am delivering. 57% average grade :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Oh I recall my early semesters with the same joy and exuberance that you are showing. Enjoy it before it turns to indifference and despair. 😉
You misunderstand. I think 75% of these kids do not belong in this class due to low IQ, laziness or indifference. Or all three. But I do want to be fair and sometimes I feel like I am being too harsh. Haven’t a hard time getting past the fact that these tests and assignments felt dog shit easy when I did them.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I do wonder if I am grading a bit too tough. So many people getting absolutely destroyed by their own stupidity. Roughly 30% of the people lost 33% of the grade just for not following basic instructions. And some are just absolutely lost in the math. And some are obviously cheating. Intermediate steps are incorrect but your final answers is right? Ok bro. Also, boys are sloppy as fuck and lost points for being dumb and girls are neat and a pleasure to read.

Oh well. The professor can adjust the absolute raping i am delivering. 57% average grade :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
My wife and her sister both are/have been teachers at the high school level, it's always funny to listen to their stories.

I started a new job 2 months ago and one of the benefits is an annual education reimbursement (eligible after 6 months) of up to $5k. It’s about time to do some serious MBA program shopping.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Univ of Texas at Permian Basin. Fully online MBA without out of state tuition fees or online fees. Good program. It cost me 10k total a couple of years ago. And its a U of T school.
1664412983588.jpeg

Half a bitcoin, you say?

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Capture - Copy.PNG

thots and prayers. The class had 220 students registered. First quiz, 175 submitted. This quiz was the third and 155 submitted. We are on track to lose at least half by end of semester.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm currently in the middle of taking a business leadership class in online college. The people who are in the class appear to be older. I'd say 25-26 at the youngest, so they aren't straight out of high school. Anyway, one of our assignments this week is to write a journal on the message board system about times we've encountered problems due to miscommunication. And a true master of the language gave this post.

At the job I’m at now just a different department. I was working the service desk and a man came in to return a phone. So I was doing his transaction and another manager from the electronics department came to the service desk so I returned his phone gave him his money back and was giving the phone back to the electronics manager and she asked me if I checked for the sims card in the phone. So I’m puzzled because I wasn’t trained to make sure the sims card was still in the phone. So she made a comment to my manager saying now they couldn’t get all their money back for the phone cause it ain’t have the sims card. And that she thought we was doing something different that’s why she ain’t stop me during the return because she didn’t know. So I told my manager you can’t fault me for something I was never told to do I didn’t know anything about checking for a sims card. So my manager didn’t write me up for it because I was never told to do it.

• 1Wow!
  • 1WTF
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sure comes off that way. She's a true professional in every sense. I think her name was Lucy, or Lucie or some shit like that (Loosey). You know how "those people" are with names.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Sure comes off that way. She's a true professional in every sense. I think her name was Lucy, or Lucie or some shit like that (Loosey). You know how "those people" are with names.
<insert I know black people sketch>

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Quick background refresher, I work 50-60 hours a week, am taking 6 classes full time, and both work and school are 45min one way from where I live. The only day off I get where I'm not traveling and doing school or work is Wednesday.

In a math class, we had to post about income, both passive and active forms of It and what we do to ensure we have streams of both, or what we WILL do when we get to the point in life when that happens (clearly it hasn't for many as they are kids).

One response I "wtf'ed" was;

Well i am a full time student taking 4 classes so i cant work full time or even part time so i rely on my parents to help me with money

While we all come from different walks of life and these kids have no idea what its like (for the most part) to be truly busy, I wanted to reach through my screen and throttle the kid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sounds like an awesome program to go through, but that’s a lot of money for nothing other than being a trivia master on WWII topics.

• 1Solidarity