Going to College as an Adult

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am currently signed up for 8 credits worth of classes in a half semester. And I just now realized that this means I am doing 16 credit equivalent in a full semester. Its been two weeks and I just now realized this while wondering why is everything going so slowly as far as absorbing material and time it takes for labs and shit. Multiple STEM degrees btw; omega retarded, god damn.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
These half semester classes are ass, the dirty nasty kind of ass. We covered 6 chapters in less than 2.5 weeks. Looks like the hazing is over though, one chapter a week going forward. This shit is brutal and I am retarded for signing up for it :D

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The only good thing about those half semester classes as I recall is that they wouldn't include group projects in them because of the truncated timeframe. Most of them tended to omit large "semester papers" also.
There is a lab project. FML.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man, I'm shitting the bed pretty bad this semester. Also found out that due to a mistake on their end (leading me to schedule my mandatory internship over the summer), I could have graduated this spring instead of next fall. This whole fall semester has been a shit show, starting with being 2 weeks behind due to having COVID and then work suddenly not caring I was in school even though my holding my position requires me to finish school and I have an exemption with the state currently until that happens.

The whole thing sucks.

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I get to sit on job interviews these days sometimes. Unless they are STEM, I don't want anyone with master's degrees. Useless idealogues that bring the whole company down. Amazing how obvious they are.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I get to sit on job interviews these days sometimes. Unless they are STEM, I don't want anyone with master's degrees. Useless idealogues that bring the whole company down. Amazing how obvious they are.
Unfortunately , my field is highly regulated by the state and licensing requirements for many positions require a Masters.

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, my advisor asked me how my internship was going this semester, the conversation went like this.

Her: So how your internship going?

Me: What do you mean? I was going to do it this summer since I graduate Fall 2023

Her: No, you only need 10 more credits outside of the internship to graduate with your major and double minor. You got ahead.

Me: uhhhhhh....

So now I have to scramble to finish an internship that is usually spaced over two semesters, into one. I could still walk this spring and get my diploma in the summer, but if I'm gonna walk I want my diploma so I can get a new job.

So yeah, apparently in a few weeks I start my last semester. Pretty cool .

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This semester of aids is over. Next one starts on Jan 9 and I am starting today to get ahead to avoid the difficulty of the retarded 8 week semester. I feel like I haven't learned a fucking thing.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was older than most people I went to college with in my small program. 5 years or so. If you did an internship over the summer you had to give a short presentation on what you learned. I learned how incompetant the federal government was, but I knew it already. Guy that worked for a large timber company was quick and to the point. "I learned if you sit in your truck all day with the A/C on you have to pop the hood some to keep it from overheating".

• 1Like