GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There would not be a GoT if not for Baelish. He set almost all of the events into motion. He had Jon Aryn poisoned which caused Ned to become hand whom he then betrayed. He is the master of coin and has been manipulating it to the max since day one so he's easily one of the richest people in the entire world while simultaneously bankrupting the crown. He has nearly complete control over the Vale and an entire army. He had Joffrey killed and the list goes on. What does Varys have again exactly? Even in the show, every scene between Baelish and Varys has Baelish being 1 step ahead of Varys every single time. Not really sure we're watching the same show if you think Varys has more influence than Baelish did.

Baelish had zero knowledge of Varys influence with Dorne and Dany, who were going to make it over to eventually ruin any plan LF really had to begin with. Hell in the books when Varys kills Kevan it's because he then reveals he's been manipulating shit behind the scenes to leave Cersei in power so she can keep making the current rulership of KL unstable for his plots to come take care of...nothing LF did there was even a thought to him, only keeping Kevan out so that Cersei could stay unstable (the same person who LF had worked with off and on). He wants Baelish to think he's playing the same game, but Varys has always had eyes outward.

As for there wouldn't be this or that...you could make that same argument with virtually any of the major characters. Jon has done just as much if not more, Tyrion as well. Dany for damn sure. Tyrion even fooled Baelish as part of his plot to figure out who was informing on him to Cersei by telling the 3 different stories about where he was sending Myrcella, something LF came to him and cried about.

This isn't to completely belittle LF's plotting or the effect he's had on the overall tale, but you're exaggerating it and overlooking all of things he had no knowledge of that have been coming, but we haven't gotten to in the books yet. Whether or not he goes into dumb mode over Sansa in the books versus how it happened on the show I'd love to know as well, but LF was always dancing between the powers he knew in Westeros, with no safety net for the powers beyond his scope.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
The reason KL won't get sacked by the NK is because these dead people are already moving 1000x faster than they were just to wrap this up. Walking the dead to or from KL would require more magical teleporters or 4-5 more seasons

This is such a retarded complaint. Would you guys prefer 2 travel episodes between each movement?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You took the troll too far with this one. Move along.

Considering I linked literal proof of what I said I'd say you're a complete retard. Go watch the scene I linked and read the comments people have made about it and that's just a small 30 second scene of his dialogue. If that's not good dialogue then sorry to say but you're a fucking idiot.

• 1Garbage

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Episode summary in picture form

• 6Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wait.

They disposed of Jaime's hand at Winterfell. It would be awesome if the Night King rezzed it and it chased its former owner.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ya but I'm quite sure it's you that caught the dumbs though. Baelish is the central plot figure of both the books and the show so how the fuck can you even say that they aren't similar? I'm willing to bet a large sum of money that I am right because either the show writers are the biggest fucking idiots on the planet and completely ruined what is in my and many other peoples opinion the best character in the entire show or they are actually pretty fucking smart and tricked a lot of people. What other plot twist could there even be at this point that both makes sense and is completely epic as fuck?
thats probably for you book guys, for us tv guys baelish is a creepy pedo, while no balls dude thought ahead and tyrion was an ugly dwarf, so he had to put all his char points into int

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Whats more likely to happen?

They beat the Night King and then head south to deal with Cersei or they get defeated and have to fall back to the south and convince her to combine armies for a last stand?

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

They beat the Night King and then head south to deal with Cersei or they get defeated and have to fall back to the south and convince her to combine armies for a last stand?

They lose Winterfell begin to fall back to Kings Landing, Arya slips in early kills Cersi, steals her face, opens the gates and lets everyone in. Jaime throws a few humps in her and Tyrion kills her both not knowing it was actually the Stark girl.

• 1Worf

Merrith

I've always felt the North was completely fucked. I've got to stick with that.

Pyrrhic victory? Beat the NK but Winterfell and majority of their men are just decimated. Although I'm not sure how they magic a win against Cersei and Golden Company then. Dragons live and roast everyone? Or Cersei goes nuts and blows KL up?

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pyrrhic victory? Beat the NK but Winterfell and majority of their men are just decimated. Although I'm not sure how they magic a win against Cersei and Golden Company then. Dragons live and roast everyone? Or Cersei goes nuts and blows KL up?

From my reading and my watching my impression is they're going to get crushed. I do like the opposite theory however quite a bit, glorious victory and a conclusion to the Night King's story before the march on King's Landing and reunification of the Seven Kingdoms, roll credits.

But I think the North is going to go down and go down hard.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean the Game of Thrones should end with the downfall of Cersei and the installation of the new King/Queen. I kind of think the Night King may be defeated before the last couple of episodes of the season.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I mean the Game of Thrones should end with the downfall of Cersei and the installation of the new King/Queen. I kind of think the Night King may be defeated before the last couple of episodes of the season.

This is what will happen. Bran will get his warg on and take down the Night King. Tyrion will end up nailing Cersei to the wall with the same crossbow he used to off his dad, and Jon Sansa will sit on the Iron Throne.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'd LOL if Bran warged into and took over the night king and his army, and used them to smash Cersei.

iannis

Musty Nester

I can see Euron betraying her for the luls and trying to loot kings landing. So they don't have to magic a win so much as a stalemate with both north and south decimated in a truce forced on them simply by the lack of able bodied men left to fight.

Which really seems like a GRRM sort of situation. It would be thematically consistent with his apparenty philosophy of "everything sucks and pretty words aside everyone is only out for their gain"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i think its very obvious winterfell is where the WW gets their shit pushed in. However, i dont know if thats where the NK dies. i think its a good chance he gets away or isnt even there and so Dany and Jon with maybe Bran and Arya tagging along jump on dragons and pursue him to KL where there is a big aerial dragon battle while Cersei confused at whats going on has her troops fire their balistas at them. as a result there is a big conflagration, KL burns. Arya one of the survivors scoots up to cersei and finishes her off. i think Bran and NK die in some kind of duel. Dany dies too and her dying wish is for Jon to take over the 7 kingdoms. or not, but i think its going to be something similarly epic. i dont think its going to be some gay shit where winterfell is WTFpwned and Cersei waits for the WW to march south.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Winterfell is going to get fucked. Completely overrun. Those who survive will either go to King's Landing for the last showdown, or the Iron Isles.

Littlefinger derail is dumb, he's gone. He was completely retarded in S7 and he deserved more, but he's gone. He is not casted for this season and they're not going to do a SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER with him.

I am praying for a Zombie Hodor cameo. Best ending would be if he gets the throne.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crypts are safe was mentioned like five times, so shit definitely going down there. Maybe undead Hodor trying to break down the door (echoing Bran's vision of Hodor in the Winterfell courtyard).

Might also be a fakeout where night king actually goes to King's Landing (remembering the vision of a dragon flying over King's Landing and snow landing on the Iron Throne, might have been the undead dragon).

Also, the Prince that was Promised...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Yeah whatever happens I'm expecting Winterfell to just get destroyed, even if they "win" against NK.