GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And yes she is referring to her rape being drogo, and yes it's SJW bullshit.

She didn't really consent to any of it (sex or marriage) at the start. She was property. She eventually came around to wanting it, but do you really think she had a choice that first night with Drogo?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Can you really rape property, though?

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah from Dany's point of view that certainly probably felt pretty rapey. For very legitimate reasons.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah from Dany's point of view that certainly probably felt pretty rapey. For very legitimate reasons.
isnt that just a bit rougher version of an arranged marriage? i mean she knew she was being married and knew she was going to have sex. what part of that was rape?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

isnt that just a bit rougher version of arranged marriage? i mean she knew she was being married and knew she was going to have sex. what part of that was rape?

The part where she doesn't have a choice in any of it. I mean, I guess you could say she could have tried to run away, but she was constantly guarded so what could she have realistically done?

I guess sex trafficking is just a rougher version of one night stands.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Is it rape if she fantasizes about it? Let's ask an expert.

bernie-sanders.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

kudos

<Banned>
The irony of it all is that I'm pretty sure Khal Drogo has more fandom from women than any other character on the show. I'm almost certain women get off on the thought of "rape" by Khal Drogo.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The part where she doesn't have a choice in any of it. I mean, I guess you could say she could have tried to run away, but she was constantly guarded so what could she have realistically done?

I guess sex trafficking is just a rougher version of one night stands.
well, they were shopping her around for years so unless she was a complete idiot she k new what was coming long before khal drogo. sorry, not buying it. she loved her Sun and Stars , even named her favorite dragon after him.

• 1Picard

DickTrickle

well, they were shopping her around for years so unless she was a complete idiot she k new what was coming long before khal drogo. sorry, not buying it. she loved her Sun and Stars , even named her favorite dragon after him.

She came to love him afterwards, obviously. But just like you can't have sex and then call it rape because you regret it, you can't be raped and then call it loving sex just because you later fall in love with the rapist.

Now, admittedly, in the world as it was set up, it was standard operating procedure in a lot of ways. I think that's why Dany realized she had to find to be more than a hole for Drogo, but try to be a partner and she realizes Drogo is not such a bad guy, all things considered. That doesn't make that first time something Dany wanted to happened or had a realistic choice to stop -- she knew she was sold so that she Drogo would fuck her.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You cannot seriously be thinking that Khal Drogo and Dany wasn't rape just because they were married. That isn't SJW bullshit.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Look forward to the defense of Mohammad's loving sex with his nine year old wife. That's just the way it was!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You cannot seriously be thinking that Khal Drogo and Dany wasn't rape just because they were married. That isn't SJW bullshit.
is customary required sex, rape too? we are using modern views to judge what was part of a tradition of any marriage in the GoT world. if tyrion fucked sansa is that also rape? was all of walder freys daughters raped too? did they feel that it was? or did they know that it was expected of them in order to consummate their arranged marriages?

• 3Picard

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
"required sex" sounds pretty rapey.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity