GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I don't read this thread anymore but just came here to say basically what you did, last episode was amazing.

The scene with Jamie riding charging on his horse and Bronn bewildered in the battle was perfect.
False. You should catch up on the thread. Jamie charging Dany was dumb because clearly he knows what is going on with every character, even Autist Brann, so he knows Jon can ride and command the dragons. Just ask @kudos

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I don't read this thread anymore but just came here to say basically what you did, last episode was amazing.

The scene with Jamie riding charging on his horse and Bronn bewildered in the battle was perfect.
Why don't you read this thread anymore? You think you're too good for us?

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Tuco is going to be like character development in GoT. 7.5 years of building up character to end his final days going mah dragons, mah whitethings. Arggg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
@Tuco you are wise not to read this mess of bleeding vagina power posters. I don't know why I keep coming back even after announcing that I am not going to.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I admit the new PW era (Post Wooly) in this thread has been rough but a few of us good soldiers have manned the fucking wall and stood up after a legendary Autist was taken too soon (during his prime, it seems), leaving this thread bewildered and battered by fits of dense writing and dumber screen time decisions (more greywurmmmmm).

But we carry on, and continue forming ideas and discuss possible plot points and the series' twilight period and ultimate ending.

In a (cruel?) Twist of fate it's almost like Bran picked up the torch after Wooly went back to the essence and became the new Autist and chief. Bran is like a reverse Wooly though , unable to so easily articulate himself, yet still achieving the same level of autistic behavior. The ending truly will be bitter sweet, perhaps Bran wargs Samwell at the end and rewrites the history books of Westeros both literally and figuratively.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I admit the new PW era (Post Wooly) in this thread has been rough but a few of us good soldiers have manned the fucking wall and stood up after a legendary Autist was taken too soon (during his prime, it seems), leaving this thread bewildered and battered by fits of dense writing and dumber screen time decisions (more greywurmmmmm).

But we carry on, and continue forming ideas and discuss possible plot points and the series' twilight period and ultimate ending.

In a (cruel?) Twist of fate it's almost like Bran picked up the torch after Wooly went back to the essence and became the new Autist and chief. Bran is like a reverse Wooly though , unable to so easily articulate himself, yet still achieving the same level of autistic behavior. The ending truly will be bitter sweet, perhaps Bran wargs Samwell at the end and rewrites the history books of Westeros both literally and figuratively.

got-game-of-thrones-31049607-500-385.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

i hope i never experience a "reverse wooly". sounds painful.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i hope i never experience a "reverse wooly". sounds painful.

I wholeheartedly agree. Wooly was truly an unparalleled type of genius, one who was aware of it just like the rest of us.

But Bran is showing true promise, but obviously not the Autist that was Promised....or is He?

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
A few people have said that Tyrion isn't a good strategist (military or otherwise), but this is complete nonsense. Not only has it been established, but it was a large part of his major character arc through the first 2 seasons which culminated with him winning the Battle of the Blackwater.
We follow Tyrion along as he goes from being a drunken whoring fuck up in everyone's eyes, including his own, to being an excellent politician, ruler, and general
Tyrion proving himself to be an excellent strategist and general was the final and keystone piece of the 2 season long arc
What the fuck?

Tyrion leads a single group of soldiers in defense of Mud Gate and orchestrated a ambush using a wildfire boat before his troops turn on him, he then gives a speech, charges through the sewers and then gets his face cut and Pod saves his ass while he passes out...

Hell, he would have gotten all those men killed if it wasn't for chance...

THAT is him being a great General? This suddenly puts him on par with Jamie or Randall Tarly (or even Cersei)?

Again this sounds like a viewer problem, not a writing problem. You saw Tyrion behave as a barely competent Company Commander and only stopped his own troops from turning on him because he knows how to bullshit his way out of a situation and all of a sudden the man is Aegon The Conqueror...

No doubt the man can think and strategist, but you have zero evidence of him being even a barely competent military leader on par with Jamie or the rest.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
What the fuck?

Tyrion leads a single group of soldiers in defense of Mud Gate and orchestrated a ambush using a wildfire boat before his troops turn on him, he then gives a speech, charges through the sewers and then gets his face cut and Pod saves his ass while he passes out...

THAT is him being a great General? This suddenly puts him on par with Jamie or Randall Tarly (or even Cersei)?

Again this sounds like a viewer problem, not a writing problem. You saw Tyrion behave as a barely competent Company Commander and only stopped his own troops from turning on him because he knows how to bullshit his way out of a situation and all of a sudden the man is Aegon The Conqueror...

No doubt the man can think and strategist, but you have zero evidence of him being even a barely competent military leader on par with Jamie or the rest.
I can agree with this.... seven hells....

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
What the fuck?

To be fair the chain was a good idea, showed real initiative and at least the way that battle played out, changed the battle in their favor.

Whether Tywin showing up would have made the chain unnecessary is another matter, but Tyrion thought that up himself and in enough time to execute it. That's pretty good.

It doesn't show organizational ability or leadership, but it does show he knows how to think through a plan for a battle given the enemy's advantages and the things you have available to counter it, and think up something out of the box.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
(Military commander || military strategist) != Politician/advisor

Did Bran ever tell anyone who pushed him? Now that he knows everything I wonder if he will mention it.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
To be fair the chain was a good idea, showed real initiative and at least the way that battle played out, changed the battle in their favor.

Whether Tywin showing up would have made the chain unnecessary is another matter, but Tyrion thought that up himself and in enough time to execute it. That's pretty good.

It doesn't show organizational ability or leadership, but it does show he knows how to think through a plan for a battle given the enemy's advantages and the things you have available to counter it, and think up something out of the box.
It was. I never said he wasn't smart. He is. Him, Varys and (earlier) Litterfinger are the most intelligent and clever people around. But none of that speaks toward his ability as a military commander. People bitching about why they got so burned on Casterly Rock and missing the Iron Fleet think Tyrion is just supposed to "magic think" up some solution because he was clever in other ways before.

it would be like The Mountain "magic thinking" up how to use a bow and arrow like Robin Hood because he is good with a sword and really strong and I mean, both of those are weapons right?

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
It was. I never said he wasn't smart. He is. Him, Varys and (earlier) Litterfinger are the most intelligent and clever people around. But none of that speaks toward his ability as a military commander. People bitching about why they got so burned on Casterly Rock and missing the Iron Fleet think Tyrion is just supposed to "magic think" up some solution because he was clever in other ways before.

it would be like The Mountain "magic thinking" up how to use a bow and arrow like Robin Hood because he is good with a sword and really strong and I mean, both of those are weapons right?

I mentioned this to my coworker but I think a rat is giving cersei/euron the heads up so they can use the navy properly.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I mentioned this to my coworker but I think a rat is giving cersei/euron the heads up so they can use the navy properly.
That is a common theory out there. Someone in Danys circle is passing along info. I think they will try and set it up as Tyrion (based on comments made last episode) which means it's not him at all. My money is on Davos (just for shock value) or some rando.

spronk

FPS noob
its melisandre

she is from naath, which spelled backwards is htaan. HTA is health technology assessment. Who believed in technology in Westeros? The Maesters. Who was a Maester? Pycelle. Pycelle backwards is Elle Cyp. Ellie May Clampett was the youngest daughter of Jed Clampett, who was the patriarchy of the richest man in America. Who was the richest man in Westeros? Tywin Lannister, whose youngest daughter is Cersei. Checkmate.

• 8Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff
What the fuck?

You really are going all in on this nonsense for some reason. I don't know what you think generalship is, but he organized, planned, and executed the defense of the capital city of Westeros, with a population of half a million (according to Googling). He kept the entire roiling place together, ruling it while also overseeing the military and strategic plans required to keep it safe. Among this was his conceiving of, planning for, and successfully executing the completely novel wildfire attack which surprises and devastates his (very capable) enemy.

And then during the battle, when he needs to, he recognizes the vulnerability of a critical part of the defense and goes there personally to boost morale and rally flagging troops, knowing full well he is a shit fighter and is quite likely to die in the attempt.

So yes, he is an excellent military commander/strategist as demonstrated by the show, even if he is a crap fighter. And at no point did I say he was better than Jamie or Tarley.