GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Because GRRM wrote Varys and Littlefinger into a position where it might have taken another 5 books to resolve their storylines. To wrap up this show in ~75 episodes, D&D did the best they could with it.

So if you're gonna bitch about it, lets hear how you would rewrite it, otherwise shut the fuck up, faggot

I don't think I could write a decent conclusion to Varys and Little Finger story arcs. I doesn't mean I can't see what a piss poor job DnD are doing with.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think I could write a decent conclusion to Varys and Little Finger story arcs. I doesn't mean I can't see what a piss poor job DnD are doing with.

It's because what we're seeing in the TV show IS the conclusion to their arcs. Varys will likely play some important role at some point to help "the greater good" that he has been working for, while LF eventually will realize the limits of his power. It's one thing to be a player behind the scenes, but this idea that some seem to have (not saying you, just quoted you as most recent comment on the topic) that it would be the two of them playing 8d chess until it was just between them was retarded to begin with. Varys never was actually after the throne, and was letting all of LF's "chaos is a ladder" ploys to destabilize Westeros to make it easier for Dany to conquer/takeover.

Neither of them has any real power, LF will come to find that out sooner rather than later because he's only out for himself, and once you're surrounded by people who aren't really playing the political game (Dany never really has, she just powers through everything...not saying that's a good thing, but it is who she is...and Jon is motivated by righteous belief in doing the right thing and fighting the NK), characters like theirs are left with 2 options. Can either work with one of them (Varys), or get swept away by those with more power (LF). Not sure why people really thought there would be any other end game for them. The manipulators serve a purpose, but once the final battles start, wtf were they really going to do?

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It's because what we're seeing in the TV show IS the conclusion to their arcs. Varys will likely play some important role at some point to help "the greater good" that he has been working for, while LF eventually will realize the limits of his power. It's one thing to be a player behind the scenes, but this idea that some seem to have (not saying you, just quoted you as most recent comment on the topic) that it would be the two of them playing 8d chess until it was just between them was retarded to begin with. Varys never was actually after the throne, and was letting all of LF's "chaos is a ladder" ploys to destabilize Westeros to make it easier for Dany to conquer/takeover.

Neither of them has any real power, LF will come to find that out sooner rather than later because he's only out for himself, and once you're surrounded by people who aren't really playing the political game (Dany never really has, she just powers through everything...not saying that's a good thing, but it is who she is...and Jon is motivated by righteous belief in doing the right thing and fighting the NK), characters like theirs are left with 2 options. Can either work with one of them (Varys), or get swept away by those with more power (LF). Not sure why people really thought there would be any other end game for them. The manipulators serve a purpose, but once the final battles start, wtf were they really going to do?

Pretty much.

Thats why I'm asking the haters here how they would resolve their story arcs, and all we get is a bunch of mewling bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Pretty much.

Thats why I'm asking the haters here how they would resolve their story arcs, and all we get is a bunch of mewling bullshit.

I can say that I completely understand if they feel LF's character was fucked over by the Ramsay wedding Sansa thing...as that was a pretty major change from the books and seemed like a move that wouldn't be nearly as well thought out as you'd expect from LF. But it's hard to know exactly where his thread was going, since Sansa and LF haven't even really left the Vale in the books. So on one hand, I can understand it being jarring with how fast their thread moved in the show compared to the books, I still feel the endgame is inevitable and it shouldn't be surprising.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much.

I also agree. There are just a few episodes to finish the entire series and we have people complaining there isn't great character development going on. It boggles my mind. Scream is one of the sane ones and that's disturbing. He also put up great counter points. Midget having limited success as a commander is nothing like being a career commander. Even top notch commanders in this series have fucked up but Tyrian 'too smart' for that! Dany did bumblefuck her way to power on the other continent but now she's too smart for that. If I was riding a pet dragon to battle for my first true taste of BBQ, I'd burn the fuck out of anything moving too. Hell, even the Euron shit could have just been grandiosity. Does anyone even know if he brought more than a couple hundred boats?

Oldbased

> Than U
I feel the balance is way off. Accelerated by the addition of cutting out 7 episodes. Yes I have said this several times. At least I am consistent!
I don't really even fault anyone. HBO hadn't planned it that way until they were 6 years in I don't think and much of what got "cut" that didn't exist to begin with would have probably been more time to shift from here is who this was and this is where they are going to oh that guy we built for 6 years? Boot to the head.

I am not the only one feeling that way either. It seems each week there is more grumbles regarding it and I only can assume it will speed up as shit hits the fan and things are more and more compressed as the episode clock ticks out.
Some of it will be general anger that it is all coming to a close. Some upset their whore didn't get more screen time and some just pissed off at how it was all handled.
The real thing is if people are upset people are bitching about it at this point, hold onto your pussies.

Merrith

I feel the balance is way off. Accelerated by the addition of cutting out 7 episodes. Yes I have said this several times. At least I am consistent!
I don't really even fault anyone. HBO hadn't planned it that way until they were 6 years in I don't think and much of what got "cut" that didn't exist to begin with would have probably been more time to shift from here is who this was and this is where they are going to oh that guy we built for 6 years? Boot to the head.

I am not the only one feeling that way either. It seems each week there is more grumbles regarding it and I only can assume it will speed up as shit hits the fan and things are more and more compressed as the episode clock ticks out.
Some of it will be general anger that it is all coming to a close. Some upset their whore didn't get more screen time and some just pissed off at how it was all handled.
The real thing is if people are upset people are bitching about it at this point, hold onto your pussies.

I don't think it's that widespread. Just the usual lens flare/etc crowd. Mostly all book readers. Show keeps getting more and more viewers.

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't think it's that widespread. Just the usual lens flare/etc crowd. Mostly all book readers. Show keeps getting more and more viewers.
JJ is a bastard and lens flare gripes are valid. Still, just because people complain does not mean they hate or dislike the show. I think that is sometimes forgotten. Still the number of people unhappy it doesn't end as they expect will rise.
It is oddly more unique in the sense with the book crowd since even they do not know how it ends but have a higher expectation that the non book crowd. Not typical of a series.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Because GRRM wrote Varys and Littlefinger into a position where it might have taken another 5 books to resolve their storylines. To wrap up this show in ~75 episodes, D&D did the best they could with it.

So if you're gonna bitch about it, lets hear how you would rewrite it, otherwise shut the fuck up, faggot

Stupid American Inventor still making the same retarded point. Look you stupid piece of shit if you go to a restaurant and order a dish, it comes out and you take a bite of it and it taste like shit. Does the Chef come out and go well if you are gonna bitch about it tell me what ingredients I should of used and how I should of prepared it? No you cunt, even if you were a chef and could answer him it isn't a requirement to know it tastes like shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pretty much.

i'm not going to discuss future stuff, but i just want the show runners to play fair with the lead characters they have. thats it. i dont want littlefinger to be some kind of underking controlling the world from the shadows. i just want his story (and Varys's) to pan out organically. they had enough source material to come this far and it sucks they dont have the rest, but its fairly obvious where they should go. thats my main gripe with the show.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I made peace a long time ago with the fact that many of these characters aren't going to receive satisfying conclusions in both the books and the show (assuming Chubs even finishes the books).

The only thing that really stands out to me as a clear drop in quality is the dialogue. I've been rewatching the show from the beginning (roughly an episode per day) and going from that to the new episodes from this season makes it achingly obvious.

Some of the most compelling moments from the show have been of people simply talking. Without GRRM writing lines, it's regressed into generic made-for-basic-cable tedium. This is why they can go right ahead and teleport massive fleets and armies all about Westeros as much as they'd like. Whatever they can do to have everyone just shut the fuck up at this point is fine with me.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh my god. Lady mormont has a little girl witch show on Netflix and it is TOTES ADORBS.

And every bit as bad as you would expect a little girl witch show to be.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I made peace a long time ago with the fact that many of these characters aren't going to receive satisfying conclusions in both the books and the show (assuming Chubs even finishes the books).

The only thing that really stands out to me as a clear drop in quality is the dialogue. I've been rewatching the show from the beginning (roughly an episode per day) and going from that to the new episodes from this season makes it achingly obvious.

Some of the most compelling moments from the show have been of people simply talking. Without GRRM writing lines, it's regressed into generic made-for-basic-cable tedium. This is why they can go right ahead and teleport massive fleets and armies all about Westeros as much as they'd like. Whatever they can do to have everyone just shut the fuck up at this point is fine with me.

I agree with this. You can excuse the story arcs for reasons mentioned earlier, but theres no excuses for the quality drop in prose.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Stupid "American Inventor" still making the same retarded point. Look you stupid piece of shit if you go to a restaurant and order a dish, it comes out and you take a bite of it and it taste like shit. Does the Chef come out and go well if you are gonna bitch about it tell me what ingredients I should of used and how I should of prepared it? No you cunt, even if you were a chef and could answer him it isn't a requirement to know it tastes like shit.

If the ingredients are shit, lets see you cook something that tastes other than shit, you stupid ape

Jozu

If the ingredients are shit, lets see you cook something that tastes other than shit, you stupid ape

Sorry bro, you're dead wrong here. I grew up in da hood and I can tell you glorious meals can in fact be made with shit ingredients.

And don't you watch the fucking show? Hot Pie should of taught you this lesson! He browned the fucking butter and made miracles in that tavern kitchen with SHIT ingredients.

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Sorry bro, you're dead wrong here. I grew up in da hood and I can tell you glorious meals can in fact be made with shit ingredients.

And don't you watch the fucking show? Hot Pie should of taught you this lesson! He browned the fucking butter and made miracles in that tavern kitchen with SHIT ingredients.

Were talking actual shit, you stupid American inventor

• 1Picard

Jozu

You mean people cook with actual shit nowadays? Is that like part of the gluten free organic movement?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You mean people cook with actual shit nowadays? Is that like part of the gluten free organic movement?

maxresdefault.jpg

here comes Honey Jo Zu

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Guys, this is what HBO was given

BOOK BOOK BOOK BOOK BOOK ........ ..... profit .......... ....... ...... outline of how it ends and what happens in "general" to the main players.

So GRRM may***unlikely*** eventually... get books out that are some awesome lovely so smart and convoluted it makes anime's with 35 seasons look mundane plot wise, ohh the drama! the characters!!...but guess what... it all plops down together in the same place at the end. Unless GRRM *likely* decide to troll HBO and show watchers and changes it- if they do, I hope HBO calls him out on it and releases all the notes etc. he gave them.

Again I hold my theory true, he got caught up in his audience liking the political drama bull and character development beyond the beyond..so he kept going with that and has no real plan how to "get to the magic" that has always been the end game.