GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Viserys looked pretty lustful towards daneris, but he needed to get the iron throne back first, so he sold her off to drogo, priorities. Targaryans are pretty redneck to keep the line pure.

He straight up tried to steal her virginity the night before the wedding in the books, but Illyrio had guards on the door.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
couple things.

maisie williams is 22. the guy who plays gendry (joe dempsie i think is his name?) is 31. it's not THAT weird for actors to play characters that are romantically involved with that large an age gap. HOWEVER, the fact is that we met these characters 11 or so years ago. so no matter what the story says, we as the viewers feel like arya still is a child. the irony is that that is exactly arya's story. she's a fricken assassin and people keep looking at her like it's cute she carries around a little baby sword.

the interesting thing about her sex scene is that when the actors are hired for GOT they have to agree to nudity, i think even if there's no real plans for that character to ever be nude, but just in case. EXCEPT for all the under age actors, for obvious reasons. so when they approached maisie with the scene, she said they gave her the choice to show as much or as little as SHE wanted.

anyway, moving on. the thing about tyrion is that he was clever because he had to be. he was NEVER seen as anything more than a repulsive dwarf (except for by jaime) so he needed to be clever in order to survive. as repulsive as his family (sans jaime) found him, that's how clever he needed to be. except, now, people don't see him as a repulsive dwarf. they see him as a good man. he doesn't NEED to be clever because the people he's found himself surrounded by consider him a good and decent man. man, not dwarf. he's gotten lax because it's no longer a survival instinct to be the cleverest person in the room. i have NO idea if the writers are trying to say that or not, but it makes perfect sense for why his personal stories have become fairly bland over the last couple seasons.

my death predictions... jaime won't die. i'm guessing brienne does. maybe even tormond dies right next to her. i wonder if bronn will show up during the fight... i'm going to guess that jon takes the iron throne and sansa stays as lady of winterfell. i think bran is going to luke skywalker off at the end, ayra dies, but maybe we find out she's been dead for several years and this was just another faceless man. maybe arya is actually the waif. grey worm dies, missandei lives. jorah dies, sam and family live.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
he's gotten lax because it's no longer a survival instinct to be the cleverest person in the room.

He hasn't gotten lax. In Meereen he successfully stalled the masters long enough for Dany to return and save the day, abandoning Casterly Rock was a feat of tactical brilliance unlike anything Cersei or Jaime had ever demonstrated before and also involved a fleet of teleporting Ironborn, and while his judgement was off in believing Cersei would send her forces to join them at Winterfell, what difference does it actually make that she suckered him? Would they have done a single thing different if they'd known she lied? Either way they have to defend the North before they can worry about King's Landing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

He hasn't gotten lax. In Meereen he successfully stalled the masters long enough for Dany to return and save the day, abandoning Casterly Rock was a feat of tactical brilliance unlike anything Cersei or Jaime had ever demonstrated before and also involved a fleet of teleporting Ironborn, and while his judgement was off in believing Cersei would send her forces to join them at Winterfell, what difference does it actually make that she suckered him? Would they have done a single thing different if they'd known she lied? Either way they have to defend the North before they can worry about King's Landing.

don't get me wrong, he's still pretty brilliant at using people who underestimate him, but when people don't assume he's a worthless dwarf, he tends to not come out of his plans so great. yeah, he did stall the masters long enough for dany, but (if i remember correctly) his own overconfidence escalated the masters into attacking in the first place

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I think it's possible Jon dies but if that happens I think Dany will be magically pregnant with his kid. Double Targ with a splash of old Stark blood and you might have the prince who was promised. On the other hand, that's way too much to convey in 4 episodes so I'm likely totally wrong.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Would be pretty silly if sibling fucking was encouraged but aunt humping was taboo.

Is it though? Jaime and Cersei were hiding it and only rationalized it with themselves by saying the Targaryens did it forever. But that seemed more like it was frowned upon everywhere else

j00t

honestly i guess it just depends on how important the writers want azor ahai and the lord of light to be. both jon and beric have come back from the dead. for what purpose?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Giant's milk.

Screenshot_20190421-221204_Chrome.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Something interesting to note. The song sung by Podrick, and playing during the credits was Jenny of Oldstones.

Jenny of Oldstones was the wife of Duncan Targaryen, and ultimately he gave up his rights to the throne to be with her.

Some possible foreshadowing between Jon and Dany?

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Fucker

Log Wizard
oh, then yeah, i stand corrected, they kinda shit the bed. they gonna tie up all these stories in 4 episodes?

We get 4 movie length episodes. I'm sure it'll all have time to play out in a reasonable fashion.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Nah they're not gonna get married. Jon isn't going to continue fucking his Aunt, no matter how hot she happens to be. Also, Dany won't suffer someone else to have a better claim to the throne than her. The divide is there. Something will have to give. These are two of the characters in this series that have been unchanging. Jon will do whatever he thinks is right, no matter what and damn the consequences. Dany has lived her entire life believing that the Iron Throne is hers by right, and her goal has been to take back what is hers. Everything she's done has been toward that end.

There will be no more sexy time for these two.

On a side note, Jaime is one of my favorite characters and always has been. He's a great character because of his growth throughout the story. I was glad when he didn't apologize for kingslaying and fighting against the Starks. I did predict (to my friends) that he wouldn't apologize to Bran, so I was wrong on that note. I still think he kills Cersei in the end, so should be safe next episode.
Jon is honorable, Ned's son through and through. Dany would find it hard to yield. It shatters everything she has worked for.

When she questioned Jon he kinda forgot the biggest bit of proof. He's been fucking his aunt so yes, definitely a Targaryen.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Here's an explanation on the symbols

The 'Game of Thrones' Night King Spiral Mystery Has Officially Been Solved

Here’s Game of Thrones premiere writer Dave Hill talking to the New York Post when asked the question: “As we saw with Bran and the Three-Eyed Raven, the spiral pattern was sacred to the Children of the Forest, who created the Night King by sacrificing a captured man in a spiral “henge of stones.” The Night King then adopted the symbol as a sort of blasphemy, like Satan with the upside-down cross.”

So that’s it. The White Walkers use this symbol, and at least a few other ones, as stolen sacred icons from the Children of the Forest, whom they hate, as a way to dishonor them. I suppose you can then go a level deeper and ask “well, what did the symbol mean for the Children of the Forest then?” But I have a feeling this is going to be as far as this mystery goes, and simply identifying the spiral as a sacred symbol is going to be all the explanation we get.

So it's basically a "fuck you" to the children of the forest

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Remaining episode times
  • Episode three – 82 minutes
  • Episode four – 78 minutes
  • Episode five – 79 minutes
  • Episode six – 79 minutes

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Jon dies? Why not Dani? She has used men since she learned how to give Droggo a blow job. Her redemption arc should be sacrificing herself for the one dude she actually fell for and wasnt just using for his metal and meat swords. She knows now he is the rightful king, her claim is void. And we know it aint no thang for a White Walker to take down a dragon. She'll probably have to lose both to take down one Undead Ice dragon with a Night King rider. Without any Dragons left she is a nobody.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just seemed like a wasted episode with how much seemingly needs to be done. But then again ever since they ran out of GRRM's dialogue to use and had to come up with their own it's been a bit of a slog at times. Guessing we don't get any where near the amount of answers we (book readers) are expecting though.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Is it though? Jaime and Cersei were hiding it and only rationalized it with themselves by saying the Targaryens did it forever. But that seemed more like it was frowned upon everywhere else

Yeah, I see what you mean. As far as public perception goes, they do seem to frown upon it. Prudes.

Still, can't imagine Dany gives a fuck what they think. Her biggest gripe about being pimped to Drogo (initially) was that she grew up expecting to marry her brother.

Jon's a different story I guess, but fuck it, you only live twice.