GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Can they show the two minute intro once per season and add 18 minutes of show in replacement?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
cant say specifically whats ahead or behind, just that yes, things are meeting up and advancing so some of this is new territory for book readers too. probably by next seasons the two threads can be merged.

khorum

Murder Apologist
They're gonna be selling extended editions with extra footage and cast commentary on HBO Now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You africans are crazy, theres no way either greyworm or selmy are dead.

no. god. damn. way.
the actor confirmed it
actor explains his surprisingly early exit | EW.com
How did you find out?
It proves you should probably not read the books. I've read the books. So I thought this season I was going to have more to do, and I was really looking forward to that. And then I got my dates from my agent and I thought, 'That doesn't tally.' Because there was no way if they were sticking to the books that I should be in for that number of weeks. It seemed to me they must be writing me out. So I had a word with the line producer and said, "Can you corroborate that they're writing me out?" Then the [showrunners] rang me and told me, 'Your time is up in this series.' So perhaps I took them by surprise that I knew.

Needless

Toe Sucker
frown.png

I'm sad now.

Siliconemelons

Would be cool if someone made a timeine of sorts with character story timelines and had a book and show line with episode numbers and book:chap so we could visually see where we are.

I am sure someone has done this!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, I dunno. He was living poor and all that but then handed carte blanche to clean the streets up. If you were a pious man and felt that there was a legitimate corruption within your society and you had a bunch of young zealots at your disposal who were eager to go clean up the corruption...

It's not out of character at all to me. It's that he's not Pope Francis at all. He may be personally humble and projecting an aura of piety (which may be sincere)... but these are pagan cults. You're still very firmly entrenched in a trial by combat mentality.

I think the mistake might have been with the actor they chose (even though I love that dude. EXECUTE THIS SOLDIER FOR HEROISM! IT IS BAD FOR MORALE!) and the sort of backhanded insinuation that he's Da Pope. He's not. He's more like the Roman Pontif Maximus.

And Cersi has pretty much flipped. She's in full press fuck everything mode. Because the deal she made with pontiff maximus guy... you don't make that deal and expect him to not eventually come for you.
Yeah, I agree with this. I thought the foreshadowing on the High Sparrow eventually turning on Cersei was obvious as hell when she started in with the, "What if I told you that there is a sinner in our midst, shielded by gold and privilege?". The smirk that follows the, "May the father judge him justly.." line is practically smacking you in the forehead with it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
i dunno though i haven't look at ratings numbers or anything but the buzz around this show seems to be down a LOT this year compared to last. I could even see the show ending next season if this season doesn't pick up in quality.
I'm going to disregard everything you say from now on. That was so far from the truth it's not even funny.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Would be cool if someone made a timeine of sorts with character story timelines and had a book and show line with episode numbers and book:chap so we could visually see where we are.

I am sure someone has done this!
asoiaf wiki (i think it's westeros.org) does this with their TV breakdown, comparing it to the applicable chapters from the books. but you may get spoiled going there so lemme just sum it up:

Dany = about half way through Dance (book 5)
Jon = about half way through Dance
Cersei = near the end of affc (book 4)
Arya = about half way through affc
Tyrion = near the end of Dance

pretty much all other characters are well past the books, like sansa, littlefinger, jaime, brienne, etc

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know if many of those characters you said are way past the books or are just going on different storylines

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Cersei even admitted to the high sparrow earlier the episode she's a fucked up sinner.
The "rumors" regarding the parentage of her children are also fairly widespread, not just whisperings in the halls of the powerful. This was reaffirmed by the shouts from the onlookers when Tommen went to the sept to speak to the High Sparrow about freeing Loras.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I just caught up with this week.
dragon girl needs to go on a murderous rage. It's time to say fuck it to this city. It just cost her her right Hand and her army commander. Just seriously fuck it, unleash the dragons, round up the family members of those who are sons of the harp yes and have the dragons publicly roast them. Fuck it become a tyrant. You tried nice, and it got your friends hurt... Fuck whoever faction are the rebels.

Yes I'm salty.

Cybsled

hbo isn't going to send out screeners next year, instead stream it online for press
Someone wasn't careful with their dragons, and now HBO screeners are going digital The A.V. Club

i dunno though i haven't look at ratings numbers or anything but the buzz around this show seems to be down a LOT this year compared to last. I could even see the show ending next season if this season doesn't pick up in quality.
Translation "I'm salty Barristan is dead and they are making changes to the books"

spronk

FPS noob
Translation "I'm salty Barristan is dead and they are making changes to the books"
i don't really care about book changes, i thought the last 2 books sucked so any changes are fine with me. and i don't expect grrm to release any more books before he dies so the show is the story now as far as I'm concerned.

i just have seen a lot fewer articles and references to the show this year, but yeah might be totally personal bias. just checked the ratings and its still the #1 show this year for adults in the current period (walking dead is double but its network and off now) so its still insanely popular. however in the past the viewership has grown every week, every year. This year the ratings have been flat for the 4 episodes, but that very well could be because of the leaked episodes. we'll see in the next few weeks and the finale if it beats season 4 or not.

For reference, s1 was averaging 2.5m viewers, s2 was 3.8m, s3 was 5m, and s4 was 6.8m (same-night viewership). S5 so far is 6.8m, same as S4.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is definitely not much for book readers to look forward to anymore. no barristan v hizdahr scene. no griff, no quentin, no LSH, no kingsmoot or euron or victarion. no siege on riverrun and no blackfish. no oldtown most likely, no arya warg visions and probably no wight attack on hardhome.

whats left? walk of shame and frankenmountain? do they have areo hotah kill bronne or jaime? or both?