GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Goatface

i would be another for the mostly lame vote for this season. there are so few characters that i care about left and a lot of scenes just seem halfassed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I think he has to be part Stark, otherwise why would Ned have sheltered him? If he's not Ned's son he has to be Lyanna's bastard with Rhaegar.

Ned was too honorable to shame his wife for some random political shit, so it has to be his or Lyanna's.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I lean toward Robert Baratheon as the father. It would explain Melisandre's fixation on him.

He would be a threat to the Baratheon, Lanister alliance if he is ether Roberts are Rhaegars son.

rrr_img_98421.jpg

SHUT IT DOWN

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
it's her cousin Lancel, her brother is Jaime who is in dorne. She was sleeping with Lancel in season 2 while her brother jaime was a prisoner of robb stark.
I am probably getting mixed up here. Wasn't there something with a Lannister cousin or relative who was 'page' to King Robert during the boar hunting trip, who was deliberately plying him with too much alcohol. Part of a plan to make him overly bold and clumsy - leading to his injury. I am pretty sure I remember someone referring to that in conversation.

When this Lancel cousin showed up at the start of this season, having gone all radical church, I had figured it was him. Like I said, probably got some of that mixed up.

Also I am picking up from the show that the teenage actors playing Tommen and the girl (sister in Dorne). Are pretty lousy actors, their scenes just feel like pubescent temper tantrums. It might just be that they are showing up more so due to some of the other older actors being so good.

Also I just realized that pubescent = pube scent

Ewwww!

Szlia

In the 'odd' department, teenage Myrcella is not played by the same actress as child Myrcella, even though the original actress has the same age as the new actress. Strange.

As for the interest of the season, The Queen of Thorns has been the most entertaining character by far.

Also, I am sad to see Bronn went from possibly poisoned to poisoned to definitely poisoned, unless the girl really enjoyed his singing and flattery.

PKS

N00b
This 7 season talk, how true is it? I've been reading, catching up to the show and going almost in tandem with it now regarding the books. If it's truly 7 seasons, then they have almost 2 books worth of content to cut out of the show, 1 of which hasn't been written yet! Up to the point I'm reading they've really neutered the story lines this season, gutted others severely and created their own character mix/mash up version of events.

Argh. It was paced absolutely fine up until now... I guess it's hard when GRRM decides to write book 4 and has to split it up to 2 giant novels and run them in parallel, the writers have so much more content to juggle all of a sudden. They handled a similar with in season 3&4 just fine, but with the time line fuckery and self imposed 7 season limit, it's all going to be creative magic from here onwards? Why can't they just do 8 seasons?!?!

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I feel like they've gotten sloppier. They're taking care to hit the high notes, but they're starting to hit them with a hollywood clown horn with more regularity. That said, the show is the show. The show isn't the books. /shrug

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean, Roose seems a bit different in the books. He's still a pretty bad man, but he seems kind of embarrassed by how monstrous Ramsay is. Like, he'd tolerate it if his son just had the same depraved vices he does, but instead his son is basically a rabid dog, whom he even suspects of poisoning Roose's legitimate son. But he doesn't really have a choice because Ramsay is his only remaining heir and House Bolton must endure.

TV Roose seemed just about as much of a monster as Ramsay.
I think they portrayed him well. Roose is shown to be cold and calculating and certainly capable of flaying people. But is never shown to take pleasure in it. He chastised Ramsay for torturing and flaying Theon when he first met him in the Dreadfort. He clearly doesn't like Ramsay, but has to deal with his shit and groom him into the best heir he can. Working with what he has and all that.

Sansa wasn't 100% victim this time around, which I liked. Hitting Ramsay where it hurts about the potential brother. I think that she is keenly aware that the Bolton's absolutely need her and cannot kill her.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just caught up on the series so I apologize if this was heavily discussed already but I found the red priestess on the other continent, the one the spider and dwarf walk in on, preaching that daenery's was the choosin one intersting.

Did she not get Mel's memo on Stannis ?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This must go down as the most boring season in the series. I don't even look forward to it. Maybe 9+10 will be great. I mean there was an interview where the guy playing Podrick said episode 10 is going to break the internet. I didn't check this thread if it was already posted because that's how shitty I think this season is

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
This 7 season talk, how true is it? I've been reading, catching up to the show and going almost in tandem with it now regarding the books. If it's truly 7 seasons, then they have almost 2 books worth of content to cut out of the show, 1 of which hasn't been written yet! Up to the point I'm reading they've really neutered the story lines this season, gutted others severely and created their own character mix/mash up version of events.

Argh. It was paced absolutely fine up until now... I guess it's hard when GRRM decides to write book 4 and has to split it up to 2 giant novels and run them in parallel, the writers have so much more content to juggle all of a sudden. They handled a similar with in season 3&4 just fine, but with the time line fuckery and self imposed 7 season limit, it's all going to be creative magic from here onwards? Why can't they just do 8 seasons?!?!
book talk isn't really allowed here so this reply might get axed. but 7 season has always been the goal.

Keep in mind they started talking with grrm about making the show right after book 4 was released, and GRRM has written all of 2 books in this series in the last 15 years. And yes those 2 books are really just 1 long book in which he split them by character POV rather than by time passage, so you must recombine these 2 books. Half the characters were in book 4, then the other half were in book 5. Towards the end of book 5 the timelines re-merged so the end of book 5 you are all caught up with all the characters.

So after book 3 (which in TV terms was basically, the end of season 4) 11 RL years past before readers found out what happened to half the characters who didn't get chapters until book 5.