GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
honestly it would be pretty badass if the whitewalkers just white out all of westeros and then that dragonbitch comes in the take it all for hers.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just to play devil's advocate, who is he training with that makes him elite? To pick an example, someone like Selmy trained under the best swordsmen in Westeros, same with Jaime Lannister or any of the Kingsguard before Robert died. I could practice swinging a sword at a dummy for three years, it wouldn't make me a swordsman.
If I wasn't clear, when I say I'mnot readyto call Jon "elitetier" yet, and only upper/top tier maybe...I'm not calling him elite.

You have to figure he got some training with Ned while growing up, and they have to have someone decent at the wall to be training these guys. They sort of made it a point to show Jon getting good enough to take over training a lot of the new guys, and he keeps winning every fight he's in. It's hard to gauge where he's at v. any of the assumed "elite tier" guys in Westeros since he's been at the Wall the entire story basically, but shit he beat a legit White Walker.

Of course we could always claim the White Walker only lost because it was shocked it couldn't shatter Longclaw.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jon is only Elite because he is holding a +5 Vorpal blade of Undead slaying that has a 25% chance to break other swords on a 18-20 dice roll.

The only fair fight for him is Brienne of Tarth and i would put my money on Brienne winning that fight.

Funny thing is that sword he has should have really gone to Jorah and not Jon.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tormund said a curious thing to me during the episode. He mentioned that Mance had spent 20 years allying the wildling clans. In the show Mance specifically tells Jon that he wants his people to hide behind "your wall" and that he was only able to ally the clans because if they didn't then they were dead. Does anyone else think that Mance and some of the Wildlings were aware that the White Walkers were building strength for this long before shit like this started happening (or even the prologue of the series)? This does make some sense as well, with Osha escaping South due to White Walkers in Season 1.

To me, this just makes Mance a more awesome character and gives more scope to the situation. Other people have speculated that the White Walkers aren't likely to be outright evil. But work along some strange or incomprehensible rules that man is unaware of. One of the fan theories I liked was that Man had broken some kind of pact that we've forgotten and they are giving us our due.

That being said, fucking spectacular episode.

Cybsled

I have a feeling that Sam won't be sent to Old Town (directly). Jon knows Valaryian steel can kill White Walkers, so the priority would be to see if they can rally folks that have those weapons. Jon comes back, Sam lets Jon know that his dad has a Valaryian steel sword, Jon notices that Sam got his ass kicked while he was away and the Maester is dead, so Jon sets him on a mission to his dad to secure the services of the sword and maybe to get some Maester skills.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Episode shoulda ended on Jon's face during the staredown.
game-of-thrones-boned.gif

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wildling lady was hot. Was serious feels moment when she ended up facing Lord of the Flies. She couldn't bring herself to hurt them because they were kids. Hardhome wasn't in the books other than offscene mention, so this was totally free form other than Jon trying to speechify the wildlings into helping fight the White Walkers. Glad the show has gone off the rails now, because that shit was awesome.
ytnWFPA.jpg

Birgitte Hjort S?rensen...She's pretty hot in Borgen, a danish series about politics.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
People forget that Jon is a warg

Jon is only Elite because he is holding a +5 Vorpal blade of Undead slaying that has a 25% chance to break other swords on a 18-20 dice roll.

The only fair fight for him is Brienne of Tarth and i would put my money on Brienne winning that fight.

Funny thing is that sword he has should have really gone to Jorah and not Jon.

iannis

Musty Nester
Tormund said a curious thing to me during the episode. He mentioned that Mance had spent 20 years allying the wildling clans. In the show Mance specifically tells Jon that he wants his people to hide behind "your wall" and that he was only able to ally the clans because if they didn't then they were dead. Does anyone else think that Mance and some of the Wildlings were aware that the White Walkers were building strength for this long before shit like this started happening (or even the prologue of the series)? This does make some sense as well, with Osha escaping South due to White Walkers in Season 1.

To me, this just makes Mance a more awesome character and gives more scope to the situation. Other people have speculated that the White Walkers aren't likely to be outright evil. But work along some strange or incomprehensible rules that man is unaware of. One of the fan theories I liked was that Man had broken some kind of pact that we've forgotten and they are giving us our due.

That being said, fucking spectacular episode.
It seems like the First Men probably were the white walkers. The race of "Man" south of the wall were their subject race, and they run-ded as far as their little wildling feets would carry them. And then eventually they found some dragonses and built a giant fucking ice wall. The walkers, being bound to winter on account of their deep mysteries and necromongery, can only pursue vengeance, conquest, and fresh slaves intermittently. But when winter creeps south -- they arethe shit.

What they use the slaves for, who the fuck knows. Maybe a zombie is only capable of getting them a beer once or twice before it falls apart. But it does loosely tie in with the Maester building his mountain flesh golem in the lab. Why? For shits and giggles, that's why.

That's just how it seems from the show. Maybe it's elaborated on more in the books.

And they're probably trying to winterize the world or something. Because reasons. Point being it's not a mindless evil. There's a calculation beyond "We r deth + we r diks + u suk". I mean, I hope. Who the fuck knows. GRRM probably just went, "Hrm. Yeah. Zombies."

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Jon was also trained by one of the best fighers in Westeros, his uncle, Headless Ned, the guy who took on Arthur Dayne and two other Kingsguards in a Battle Royal and came out standing.

Dayne was one the top 5 swordsman in 8000 years of Westeros history.

Id say Jon's schooling was solid.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm really surprised people on reddit got so butthurt about Karsi getting killed. They are saying shit like she's been the most real character in a long time, blah blah blah. She was on screen for 20 minutes and I didn't give a shit about her when she was killed. I didn't even think she was good looking, too masculine for me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
She had a good bit and filled the gap of intelligence for the wildlings after Mance died. I mean when you're next to Tormund, Rattleshirt, WunWun and a Thenn it's easy to be a leader the audience can identify with. And she's only hot if you like strong, tough women. Shitlords like yourself need not apply.

One irony about the last episode, the wildlings shut the gates off to their wildling brethern just like the Nights Watch did to them. Totally understandable but still very hypocritical.

On Jon Snow, he's like the street thug whose dad was a boxer and taught him until he died when Jon Snow was 14 or so. Snow then had a heart of cold iron and some skills and used that + his plot armor to win the battles we've seen from him. But you know if he went and fought a real swordsman he'd get introduced to an entirely different level of swordplay. It's like the local tough guy who wrestled in high school picking a fight with a mixed martial artist who leg kicks him, takes him down then puts him in a RNC.

You guys can be impressed by slaying a white walker all you want, but until he jumps off the high rope in Wrestlemania he's still small time.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People forget that Jon is a warg
Thats why I mentioned his strength earlier, he has show to be pretty fucking strong when he gets in rage mode

I also am not getting the love for Karsi, shes okay looking but she was barely on screen and didnt stand out as something special

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
why didnt that ngr just freeze the water I mean he can raise the dead. freezing water to much to ask and I guess that storm snowstorm shit was just a coincidence.
This is what I thought was going to happen when the Night King raised his arms. Pretty sure the water up to the boat was going to freeze, zombies rush towards helpless occupants, fade to black, good night sweet prince. I don't mind being wrong.