GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's almost all about things that didn't happen in the series - Willem Darry and Paxter Redwyne were both cut.

It's also originally a dream sequence - people just don't talk like that normally, which isn't an issue for a fever dream, but seems odd for a literal vision.
And yet we get about half of the verbal sparring back and forth before the real fighting begins. It wasn't odd for the setting of the show. However odd it might have been, it's better than anything D&D have written from scratch thus far.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought the ToJ scene was alright, but I don't understand these guys decisions sometimes. It's almost like they purposely don't want things to be exact as in the book because 'fuck you'. Best line in the episode was Tormund 'I've seen your pecker, how can you be a God with a pecker that small'.

Dany is getting rescued by Jorah/Daario with a little help from Drogon.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He'd already beaten him. Letting a defeated opponent pick his sword back up is retarded, not knightly.
I believe there is an incident with Arthur Dayne when he kills the Smiling Knight, the SK breaks his sword and Dayne let him get another one before finishing him off.

Reavor is sort of right about that, I think, though I guess you could nitpick the slightly different situations, having a sword break is different than pwning someone hard enough that he drops his sword.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I believe there is an incident with Arthur Dayne when he kills the Smiling Knight, the SK breaks his sword and Dayne let him get another one before finishing him off.

Reavor is sort of right about that, I think, though I guess you could nitpick the slightly different situations, having a sword break is different than pwning someone hard enough that he drops his sword.
Right. If you disarm your opponent then it shouldn't be dishonorable to finish them off.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I dunno if anyone is interested, but this is the fan made Tower of Joy scene I was talking about last night. The budget isn't great, so the action part is pretty bad, but the dialogue and acting otherwise is well done, I think

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They're going to stretch these flashbacks over the entire season before giving any payoff, aren't they? I thought this episode was just ok.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
They're going to stretch these flashbacks over the entire season before giving any payoff, aren't they? I thought this episode was just ok.
I get the feeling none of the key storylines are really going to move forward this season. Dany is going to dick around getting free of or recruiting a Dothraki army (and being in exactly the same position she was in in the final acts of season 1: Dothraki army with no way to get to Westeros).

Jon is going to battle the Boltons and maybe send the north into more anarchy than it is now when some Lords refuse to follow him because he's a bastard and others follow him.

Cersei and Jamie are going to fight against the Sparrows (we haven't seen Cersei's "I choose violence" line from the season preview yet.) and maybe plunge KL into anarchy, and start feuding with the Tyrells openly.

Dorne is going to... kill all their recognizable characters and then do nothing until they need some more teenage tits and random assassins.

But nothing that pushes the story towards a resolution is going to happen, it's going to be a massive cockblock. And I guarantee we won't find out directly about Jon's parentage this season, they would have shown it with the Tower of Joy flashback if they were going to. Clearly going to troll us another season with that.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So basically. A whole season of blue balls.

I am hoping that Ramsay flays Rickon and Osha next episode. Then the Umbers can go all. WTF!? Didn't expect that!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
they are just drawing it out. Bran wants to know what happens i nthe tower. The Raven stops him. This wont be the end of that. Its planting seeds. Another few weeks of jon going his new route, and ventually the will show Bran going against the Raven and finding out hwat happens in the tower.

They went the extra mile to show that things werent happening as Bran had been told or thought they did. He knows there is more to this than it seems.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Why is everyone assuming Jon left Castle Black? He just walked out with no horse or supplies by himself? My bet is he will hang for a bit consulting with Davos until Sansa shows up. Bastard letter will arrive and then Jon will head to Winterfell.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I guess its implied that since you gave up the black you no longer get to live in the NW barracks. So I guess he will just go live with the Wildings in the Gift or something? Either way it wouldn't be like he wandered too far yet.

He has no plan/reason to retake Winterfell either. Rickon or Sansa will be the vehicle that starts that. Or Ramsay/Karstark will just come to Castle Black like they said they would already.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Might just be a production goof, but Shaggy Dog's head seemed too small to be a Dire Wolf. I'd like to think Umber is playing Ramsay, but I don't know why he'd risk Rickon (lol is he fucking 15 now?) unless that's not Rickon. Random wolf head + random kid = Ramsay Backstab Inc?
But the Wildling woman (forget her name now) is correct. I don't see how it wouldn't be Rick and Shaggy. It would be some cold shit by the Rick to give up the wildling while he hangs out at castle Umber waiting for a revolution.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I guess its implied that since you gave up the black you no longer get to live in the NW barracks. So I guess he will just go live with the Wildings in the Gift or something? Either way it wouldn't be like he wandered too far yet.

He has no plan/reason to retake Winterfell either. Rickon or Sansa will be the vehicle that starts that. Or Ramsay/Karstark will just come to Castle Black like they said they would already.
I don't get why they would give a shit about Jon if they have Rickon?

Seems like the plot is going to be Jon now has to save Rickon... which is gay because Ramsay would just kill him.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Absolutely, its stupid as fuck. Last episode before Ramsay killed Roose they were specifically talking about going to Castle Black to kill Jon Snow just because hecouldbe legitimized as a Stark.

But now he wants to keep an actual heir to House Stark for reasons? All logic says he should just get killed immediately. Unless Ramsay wants to use him as a lure to draw Jon Snow out to him as opposed to attacking Castle Black directly. Since they know about the Wildling Army he "leads" now. Ramsay didn't about the Wildlings in episode 2 and thought Castle Black was basically undefended. Or rather this was implied.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Absolutely, its stupid as fuck. Last episode before Ramsay killed Roose they were specifically talking about going to Castle Black to kill Jon Snow just because hecouldbe legitimized as a Stark.

But now he wants to keep an actual heir to House Stark for reasons? All logic says he should just get killed immediately. Unless Ramsay wants to use him as a lure to draw Jon Snow out to him as opposed to attacking Castle Black directly. Since they know about the Wildling Army he "leads" now. Ramsay didn't about the Wildlings in episode 2 and thought Castle Black was basically undefended. Or rather this was implied.
Isn't this the same wildling army that Stannis roflstomped with like 1000 guys?

And then Bolton roflstomped Stannis

But now Wildlings > Bolton because Jon Snow?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ramsayisa sicko, though. He might want to torture him or postpone his death for whatever perverted reasons he may have. I mean, there's at least a little precedence for him making bad decisions based on his desires.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

If we want to get technical, this is the remnants of the Wildling Army Stannis roflstomped in addition to the remnants of Hardhome that didn't get roflstomped by ice zombies.

I have to believe that there will be some rallying of the Northern houses involved. Otherwise its just completely convoluted and makes zero sense.

Rallying a few Northern Houses whose number of soldiers could be whatever they wanted it to be would make the situation slightly more believable.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider

Well... Stannis had calvary when he fought the wildlings, and he was sans calvary when he tried to take Winterfell.