GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, Mad Men got away with it because it was a REALLY solid show. For my money it was the best series since The Wire. Breaking Bad did the same thing and got away with it because it was a cultural fad.

I don't think a split 7 with a long hiatus does anything positive for Game of Thrones da television show.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You really think got has less cultural cachet than bb or mm?

Got has much, much, much better ratings than mm or bb, so they clearly have more people invested in it. Social media metrics are better too, not surprisingly. I doubt a few months extra means they all forget about it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The next season has to be very efficient in its screenplay and creative with their writing if it wants to succeed with only 7 episodes. Think of it, Ep 2 is basically episode 4, so after watching only 3 episodes, half the season is basically over. They cant dick around with plot, or use filler stories while Dany dominates/consolidates.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, Mad Men got away with it because it was a REALLY solid show. For my money it was the best series since The Wire. Breaking Bad did the same thing and got away with it because it was a cultural fad.

I don't think a split 7 with a long hiatus does anything positive for Game of Thrones da television show.
Your crazy if you think Mad Men and Breaking Bad were a bigger thing than Game of Thrones. It isn't even close

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Every faggot on Earth has ruined asoiaf for us true nerds. Fuck all of you, and fuck the King in the North.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The next season has to be very efficient in its screenplay and creative with their writing if it wants to succeed with only 7 episodes. Think of it, Ep 2 is basically episode 4, so after watching only 3 episodes, half the season is basically over. They cant dick around with plot, or use filler stories while Dany dominates/consolidates.
I think you are vastly overestimating how much story there is left to tell. This is the series finale, part 1 of 2. I think 13-14 episodes is plenty to conclude the story.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Your crazy if you think Mad Men and Breaking Bad were a bigger thing than Game of Thrones. It isn't even close
I was rustled when he hinted Breaking Bad wasn't as good as Mad Men. Like a vigilante anti-hero meth murderer is less entertaining than 1960's Entourage.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I was rustled when he hinted Breaking Bad wasn't as good as Mad Men. Like a vigilante anti-hero meth murderer is less entertaining than 1960's Entourage.
I agree with that. Breaking Bad is probably the best out of the 3 shows, but GoT has a following of both of those combined

Siliconemelons

Random old thread topic...

but was it an interview where they said something to the effect of, we made dayne and dawn 1h / duel wield because we wanted to make him super bad ass and a big 2h just couldn't do that?

so dumb...

Ironclad (2011) - Claymore Scene - YouTube

and almost anything with Rutger Hauer (i.e Flesh+Blood) as examples of badassery with huge swords.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I thought dual wielding Arthur Dayne was as gay as the next nerd, but that clip wasn't exactly amazing.

Siliconemelons

It's longer than the scene linked- and actually a good movie - the rutger Hauer stuff is more functional fighting with a claymore etc.

Just saying that you can make a ultra badass 2h look cool and intimidating.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, that video clip was not impressive at all. Actual sword play is better to watch than brute strength slashing when you're only fighting a few opponents. If it was Dayne against 20 men, I could see it more.