GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought I remembered last year after Ramsay died that the producers said there would be a new "bad" guy that would be hated even more than Ramsay ever was. It was hinted if not outright stated that Euron would be that guy. Am I totally misremembering this? I'm in the camp that thinks Euron is one of the more interesting show characters this season and definitely not in the Ramsay category. Have the showrunners completely fucked up in trying to make Euron a bad guy and that we somehow feel bad for Asha or the sand snakes getting captured?

I'm worried that the season ending will be some retarded shit where Theon kills Euron and we're supposed to have a bunch of feels when instead we'll just be pissed another interesting character is gone.
If so, they've really misread everything. Ellaria and Yara are both reprehensible characters. Completely unlikable.

Honestly, seeing Ellaria's torture made me like Cersei a bit. Despite all their efforts to portray her as "Darth Cersei" this season.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Given our hero's travel abilities he could be back in time for wine and whores later that evening.

200.gif

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
If so, they've really misread everything. Ellaria and Yara are both reprehensible characters. Completely unlikable.

Honestly, seeing Ellaria's torture made me like Cersei a bit. Despite all their efforts to portray her as "Darth Cersei" this season.
It's like you guys forgot that Jamie was LOATHED for a long time and later beloved (now he is just sort of window dressing).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Yup, I liked Cersei more from that scene as well. Honestly, if Khaleesi gets lippy with my boy Jon Snow one more time, I might have to root for Cersei.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's like you guys forgot that Jamie was LOATHED for a long time and later beloved (now he is just sort of window dressing).
I'd say that book readers like Jaime a lot more. His redemption arc in the books actually made sense.

TV show Jaime is fucking baffling.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

The fuck is reprehensible about Yara? All she's ever really done in the show is be a painfully ugly vyke. Unless you meant Tyene, but iirc she was the only one of the sand sluts who didn't actually do anything other than participate in that fuckawful fight scene in Dorne and flash her scientifically impossible tits at Bronn. Ellaria murdered Myrcella and the two skanks that Euron killed are the ones who murdered Quentyn.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'd say that book readers like Jaime a lot more. His redemption arc in the books actually made sense.

Book jaime went full on 'bros before hoes', where show jaime is completely paralyzed by the pussy. At least for now. Have a feeling they are just way late on his 'overcoming dat pussy' arc.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Book jaime went full on 'bros before hoes', where show jaime is completely paralyzed by the pussy. At least for now. Have a feeling they are just way late on his 'overcoming dat pussy' arc.

I bet he kills Cerci, because what she does to Brienne or another undeserving of her wrath that he reapects/likes.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I bet he kills Cerci, because what she does to Brienne.
Jamie killing Cerci is pretty much the only satisfying way for her to go at this point. She has used him as her emotional crutch for so long that the look in her eyes when that sword goes into her heart will be some of the best television schadenfreude in a long time. Bonus points if Arya talks him into it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I bet he kills Cerci, because what she does to Brienne or another undeserving of her wrath that he reapects/likes.

The punishment for Ellaria and Tyene was actually one of the few just things Cersei ever did!

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The fuck is reprehensible about Yara? All she's ever really done in the show is be a painfully ugly vyke. Unless you meant Tyene, but iirc she was the only one of the sand sluts who didn't actually do anything other than participate in that fuckawful fight scene in Dorne and flash her scientifically impossible tits at Bronn. Ellaria murdered Myrcella and the two skanks that Euron killed are the ones who murdered Quentyn.
So I went back to read her plot synopsis, and I guess you're right -- it's just that she's a dyke that I don't like about her I guess.

That said, I noticed this from last season, "Euron wins the Kingsmoot by proposing to marry Daenerys Targaryen and help her exact brutal vengeance on the mainland." Yara and Theon then try to beat him to the punch.

But uh, what ever happened to Euron going to Daenerys? That seems like a gaping plot hole. He went straight to Cersei. But he wouldn't have known that his niece and nephew got there first.

I'm assuming this is just a book plot hole because of mashing Euron and Victarion together, but it seems kind of strange.

• 1Picard

Reht

Molten Core Raider

Yeah, this is actually my biggest issue with the series vs the book.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I went back to read her plot synopsis, and I guess you're right -- it's just that she's a dyke that I don't like about her I guess.

That said, I noticed this from last season, "Euron wins the Kingsmoot by proposing to marry Daenerys Targaryen and help her exact brutal vengeance on the mainland." Yara and Theon then try to beat him to the punch.

But uh, what ever happened to Euron going to Daenerys? That seems like a gaping plot hole. He went straight to Cersei. But he wouldn't have known that his niece and nephew got there first.

I'm assuming this is just a book plot hole because of mashing Euron and Victarion together, but it seems kind of strange.

I'd wager that the Iron Bank guy is foreshadowing. Euron is not what he seems. Or rather he's exactly what he seems.

• 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
So is episode 4 actually leaked anywhere for download?
No. Just the script.
Game Of Thrones bosses condemn cyber hack as 'episode 4 script leaks' | Metro News
That is NOT a link to the script. Just an article about the hack.

He might have. Again you have to assume that certain news travels. Cersei and Jamie know about Dany being at Dragonstone via some "fleet" so you can assume that Euron would know that as well. I agree it wasn't made clear however.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
He might have. Again you have to assume that certain news travels. Cersei and Jamie know about Dany being at Dragonstone via some "fleet" so you can assume that Euron would know that as well. I agree it wasn't made clear however.
Then you're just back to "bad writing" again.

"Character says he's going to do X"
"Character does the opposite of X, with no explanation as to why"

It'd be like if Arya has her scene with the Lannister army and says she's heading to Kings Landing to kill Cersei, and the next time we see her is two episodes later and she's in Winterfell. Like, what the fuck? Sure, maybe we can guess she had a change of heart because she met someone from her past and learned that Jon was King of the North, but holy shit, that's a lot of guessing we're having to do to make sense of the show.