GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
what do you guys think about Muurleon posting this in the non-spoiler thread? Nostradouche or just predicting?

Theon is regretting the decision he made in trying to be Iron Born. As far as the guy that is with him, I'm sure he will reveal who he is fully soon enough, but there has been pretty good hints on who he is.

rrr_img_22064.jpg

rrr_img_22071.jpg

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I saw that and said err, there hasn't really been one thing on the show pointing out who bolton is directly or anything hinting that he woulf be behind the theon shit. They've mentioned boltons name on the show but have the directly pointed out who he is? Can't remember season 2 very well, regardless there has been nothing on the show that would make you think its bolton behind it

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
what do you guys think about Muurleon posting this in the non-spoiler thread? Nostradouche or just predicting?
Initial instinct after seeing him post that was Nostradouche but it's a tough call. I mean, there aren't anygoodhint's towards the Boltons as he suggest.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
The hints are there I guess so it is hard to tell. I have my doubts when it comes to how accurately some of these guys seem to be able to predict shit based on little to no information though. Unfortunately they are not all like Jozu where it is painfully, and embarrassingly obvious what they are doing.
biggrin.png

Glory Goose_sl

shitlord
Varys scenes were top notch. Anything when Tyrion, Littlefinger, and Varys meet tends to be great.

Sucks for Theon, but I don't find myself caring what happens to his character much. I'd almost rather know what the hell Podrick the Sex-enigma did in that room (or why the women would be making it up?)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
He's pointing out the flayed man on Bolton's chest and Theon's situation. I could see someone picking up on that.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
When the sack of Winterfell happens, Roose approaches Robb in S2, and says something like "Ive sent word to my bastard..."

Plus all flayed man on the boltons crest which is seen as the exact same shape/symbol on the stand where Theon is tortured.

Relatively keen eye or douche.

Homsar

I highly doubt someone would notice the symbol on his chest and put it together with the flaying, its not like it was focused on or anything but who knows

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Bolton mentions that his bastard is going to Winterfell a couple times on the show so I don't think it's that hard to make that guess.

As far as Jozu goes, I don't think most people would remember things like Bolton's sigil or even recognize what it is but it's possible that he just reads another message board like TWoP where people are carefully analyzing the show. It's true that he seems to know/pick up on a bit too much for a casual watcher but reading the books isn't the only possible explanation for that.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, the only way to pick up on it is to know what the Flayed Man crest looks like (Jamie comments on it when he and Brienne are captured) and make the connection to how they are flaying Theon.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Will agree with everyone else; awesome, awesome episode. Probably loved the Varys scene most of all - Varys is fucking crazy awesome, but comes across as soft spoken, very subtle etc and then he is just very casually prying open this box...doo doo doo...let me just wash my hands...holy fuck the guy who cut me totally tortured in this box for my pleasure.

Dany part was super cool too, although like everyone else's non book friends, my BF turned around and went, oh shit, here she goes to fuck shit up in Westeros! And I am just sitting there like, lollllll.

I don't really see how someone could make such a connection leap from the flayed man to Theon; I mean it's possible, since things like this have a tendency to make people over analyze everything, but it seems far fetched.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Jaime also points out the house Bolton flag when they capture him and Brienne. Their sigil and their name have been mentioned several times. As mentioned by Brutul, Roose discusses sending his bastard to Winterfell more than once with Robb. At this point, the guy(Ramsay) has already betrayed Theon on the show, so who he is isn't really that big of a spoiler even if it was being nostrodouched.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, agree with Soy--there have been clues a pretty keen person could have discerned that from...Not likely but possible. The nebulous nature of the prediction, combined with that thought, makes it supremely difficult to judge him as a nostrodouche. It's not at all like Jozu where he's comparing things directly from the books and then relying on his "waaa? Me read books?" routine to try and nostrodouche.

Edit: And lol at Jozu..

I propose as punishment, his avatar be changed to Ralph Wiggum. Because he honestly reminds me of the character. Except instead of talking about cats, it's GoT nostrodouching.

rrr_img_22091.jpg

Modo_sl

shitlord
RE: Non Book-Readers figuring out who has Theon captured

If this were Lost, and nobody knew anything about the books, that theory would be being thrown around like crazy. Nothing has really been focused on, but here's the clues leading to it:

1) Season 2, one of the first scenes with Roose Bolton and Robb Stark, when the viewer is only getting to know Roose - he suggests flaying lannisters in a round about way "A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man has none" or something along those lines, with Robb telling him flaying men was outlawed years prior.
2) Season 2, when Theon's taking Winterfel, Roose tells Robb he'll send his bastard to retake it, and Robb accepts it.
3) Season 2, Theon's final moments in Winterfel, he talks about Robb Stark's men surrounding the castle, but the viewer knows it's not Robb, but Roose Bolton's "Bastard"
4) Season 3, Roose Bolton's had a wardrobe change, and has a sigil of man upside down on an X on his chest - the camera is somewhat focused on his bust this scene, as Roose talks about sending his best men after the Kingslayer.
5) Season 3, Not super important, but when Karstark is speaking his mind to Robb, you clearly see the Bolton sigil on several flags as soldiers march.
6) Season 3, Again not super important, but we see those same flags again pretty clearly, and Jamie comments on them saying "The flayed man of House Bolton" as he and Brienne are captured.
7) Season 3, If anyone recognizes the Sigil of House Bolton at this point, there's the huge X that Theon is strapped to, nearly identicle to the sigil on Rooses armor.
8) Season 3, When Theon has escaped and is looking for Yara, just before the "Quad Horse Attack" - if you are paying attention, the first arrow that gets shot at him actually comes from the woods that he retreats into, and fires so that when he looks at the arrow passing him, the arrow goes over to the hill where the horses are coming from - almost like he's being warned. Not sure how much that actually says, but definitely raises an eyebrow if you catch it.
9) Season 3, Finally - the "You little Basterd" quip as the would-be-rapist dies.

Nothing blatantly obvious, and that Jozu guy seems like a douchebag who's obviously read ahead either on the internet or in the books, but a viewer could definitely figure out who's got Theon captive, or at least have some idea that it's possible that that's Roose's bastard.

Thing is, the theorys about what's going on in this show by non book readers don't really come out that often, probably partially for fear of being right and having something spoiled since they know there's people out there who know the answers.

Unrelated question:At what point in the book does Tywin comment that some wars are won with letters, or something along those lines? So far he's been writing letters in the scenes with both of his children, which has been kinda fun wondering if one of them was to the freys/boltons.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Unrelated question:At what point in the book does Tywin comment that some wars are won with letters, or something along those lines? So far he's been writing letters in the scenes with both of his children, which has been kinda fun wondering if one of them was to the freys/boltons.
Thanks for the breakdown. I was wondering if that scene happened already too.

Homsar

These are all the scenes which I think most were in the beginning of season 2. I would put my money on nostrodouche over remembering these few moments