GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Here is what we have to look forward too in the final 3 episodes of what used to be an amazing show.

euron.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Again. Azor Ahai, Prince that was Promised, Bran's powers, Howland Reed, the Citadel, Dragonglass, Valyrian Steel, Ghost, White Walkers, etc etc. Basically anything to do with fantasy you just have to wait for the books as that's not what the show is seemingly about anymore.

Hey, if second guessing hollywood hack writer's decisions on an internet gaming forum is wrong then I don't want to be right!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe you guys should watch something else. I swear if I had to watch a single episode with 85% of you I'd end up dismembering a body in the woods before it was over.

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 2EyeRoll
Reactions: 12 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I think there's enough written about how awful the tactics were. Episode was pretty good but the tactics were so bad and led to unbelievable circumstances for all the named characters. They were surrounded and outnumbered 10 to 1 by wights for what could have been hours.

It should have been the undead slamming into the barricade (because you put your soldiers behind them), and a slow murderous grind before they finally get over the wall and overwhelm the defenders. Instead they broke through when the episode was only half over, and all the tension was lost because that is the "well they're screwed and there's no winning this."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Here is what we have to look forward too in the final 3 episodes of what used to be an amazing show.

euron.jpg

I have to believe there is gonna be something more than just a straight shot to King's Landing and killing Cersei. However, that is probably what we'll get. We know next episode is gonna be a slow one. Probably involving Cersei shoring up the KL's defenses, everyone to the North taking a small breather as they mourn the dead and consolidate the remaining armies, some Jon/Dany drama, and everyone being scared shitless if they think they ever pissed off Arya. The episode after that is by the same director as this battle. So I am assuming that is the big King's Landing fight with the last episode being the "who gets the throne" episode and epilogue.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Watched an hour and a half of darkness with some screaming in it. Couldn't see a damn thing most of the time.

Went back and rewatched Hardhome for a badass undead zerg that was easy to see and 10x more entertaining than whatever the fuck that was last night.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

They problem with the undead is traditional tactics are completely useless. They have no fear and feel no pain. But while they are fairly "mindless" individually, they also have a necromancer directing their actions. If you figure out a trick, then he figures out the solution and passes it onto the undead.

The Dothraki charging in wasn't very smart, but honestly there was no scenario where mounted cavalry helps you at all. There really isn't a backline to route, there aren't any soldiers to scatter or archers to cutdown. Horses are a liability, because the undead have no issues just launching themselves at it and killing it. Short of everyone chilling out inside the castle, there really was no good strategy. Plus, eventually the NK would have swooped in and nuked some of the walls, letting the undead pour in anyways.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The average wight cant weigh more than what, 60-100 pounds? Only the very recently raised would still have most of their mass left. Massed cavalry charge would honestly have never stopped until the horses got tired, aside from running into the occasional giant.

Plot twist: The flaming arakhs slowly winking out wasn't the Dothraki dying, they just rode down so many wights that they were too far away to be seen anymore.

• 2Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff

Arya is not a Mary Sue character in the slightest, and his description of the situation is reductive and misleading. She spent literal years in a gutter, failing repeatedly to earn every skill she possesses.

Fake news.

*edit* beaten to it by multiple people

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They problem with the undead is traditional tactics are completely useless. They have no fear and feel no pain. But while they are fairly "mindless" individually, they also have a necromancer directing their actions. If you figure out a trick, then he figures out the solution and passes it onto the undead.

The Dothraki charging in wasn't very smart, but honestly there was no scenario where mounted cavalry helps you at all. There really isn't a backline to route, there aren't any soldiers to scatter or archers to cutdown. Horses are a liability, because the undead have no issues just launching themselves at it and killing it. Short of everyone chilling out inside the castle, there really was no good strategy. Plus, eventually the NK would have swooped in and nuked some of the walls, letting the undead pour in anyways.
Undead traditional tactic is simple. Have the Cleric or Pally cast turn undead. Fucking King of the North came to a fight with undead and failed to recruit a Cleric or Pally. Beric is a pally but obviously too low level to turn undead.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Show Euron is utterly retarded.

The character comes across as having been written by George Lucas. Shallow, no real motive force behind his actions. He's a comic book character in the mold of Archie and Jughead if those comics were rated R.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The character comes across as having been written by George Lucas. Shallow, no real motive force behind his actions. He's a comic book character in the mold of Archie and Jughead if those comics were rated R.

Sad part is when they describe book Euron he sounds like a crazy psycho badass who has gone to the ends of the earth and back and witnessed the most fucked up shit and spit in deaths face, apparently his whole crew had their fucking tongues cut out so they can never speak for the horrific shit this dark pirate who might be the drowned God incarnate has done.

Show Euron is a retarded frat boy faggot going “Yo My Dick”

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Again. Azor Ahai, Prince that was Promised, Bran's powers, Howland Reed, the Citadel, Dragonglass, Valyrian Steel, Ghost, White Walkers, etc etc. Basically anything to do with fantasy you just have to wait for the books as that's not what the show is seemingly about anymore.

Night's Watch, Prince/ess(?) who was Promised, 3 Eye Raven...all completely unnecessary in the end to deal with the Night King who was trying to bring the Long Night to the world. Just need some Faceless Man training from Ninja Teen.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The average wight cant weigh more than what, 60-100 pounds? Only the very recently raised would still have most of their mass left. Massed cavalry charge would honestly have never stopped until the horses got tired, aside from running into the occasional giant.

Plot twist: The flaming arakhs slowly winking out wasn't the Dothraki dying, they just rode down so many wights that they were too far away to be seen anymore.
A Red Day scene would have been pretty cool.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

khorum

Murder Apologist
i downloaded the 1080p video and watched it on vlc with the brightness and contrast turned as suggested online and I gotta sayy...although I got the intent behind the original and enjoyed the dark broadcast version its MUCH better brightened up.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What really should have happened this episode to truly make it a memorable episode would’ve Jaime gets killed during the main assault, defending Brienne or something. Then he comes back during the mass Rez and goes after her. She defends herself but refuses to put him down, screaming and crying. He kills her while Tormund watches. He berserks and kills Jaime a second time, and 20-30 other undead. That would have been epic.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe you guys should watch something else. I swear if I had to watch a single episode with 85% of you I'd end up dismembering a body in the woods before it was over.

I don't disagree, and I think a lot of the whining over the writing the last few seasons has been overblown. Not to mention X amount of people who literally weren't even paying attention to the show...but this is the end game now, and 10 years later the payoffs should be pretty fucking good. Not that Arya killing NK wasn't good in its own way, but the way they did it was inferior to so many other potential ones, and how abrupt it was makes you wonder what the point of so many other things designed to combat the NK actually was.

• 1EyeRoll