GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not gonna keep arguing with people who are justifying a ridiculous villain turn after they spent 6 seasons building her up as a savior just because you don't like her as a (admittedly shallow and boring) character. I bet you're gonna be even MORE pissed off when they suddenly swerve her back to full on hero because of how important 'subverting expectations' is in Hollywood. So instead I'm just gonna meme.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What I don't get, is that Pod drank when Tyrion said "You're a virgin", but wasn't there an episode where he was hanging out in the whorehouses and didn't get charged because he had the biggest cock they'd ever seen? Pods Rod or some such?

I took him gulping down that wine as an "oh shit, Tyrion is gonna get fucked up for pissing off Brienne" type moment and he was trying to chug down a few last gulps of wine before she started swinging.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not gonna keep arguing with people who are justifying a ridiculous villain turn after they spent 6 seasons building her up as a savior just because you don't like her as a (admittedly shallow and boring) character. I bet you're gonna be even MORE pissed off when they suddenly swerve her back to full on hero because of how important 'subverting expectations' is in Hollywood. So instead I'm just gonna meme.

View attachment 206518
if you think everyone else in the world is wrong, you're probably the one who's wrong. i'm not saying, i'm just saying.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

View attachment 206518

As I said reading the books I always got a "she might be the villain" vibe from her but watching the show I didn't feel that at come across at all. If GRRM's cliff notes was "and then Dany turns heel after being pushed too far" that would leave us where we are - a path intended in the story that was being written but then got shoved in hard at the very end of the show. To get her there in the time allotted her opponents use fast travel, buy resources from the cash shop, she makes a ton of retarded decisions and the military leadership makes a ton of retarded decisions. There, now she's reached the point where we can justify her lighting everything everywhere on fire except from start to finish it's been inauthentic. If you wanted to tell the story of how Dany came to Westeros and was met with betrayal after betrayal and loss after loss before issuing her father's last command, "burn them all", that would actually take some time that no one has.

I also have felt for a long time that this was ultimately the story of how magic returns to Westeros as the kingdom is reforged and a new Age of Heroes begins but what it instead looks like is a corpse pile next to a pointy metal chair. It's just one confusing disappointment after another.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Her "last season ever" was a call back to her saying it 10 times previously so she could avoid having to give away anything about what happens to her character. You guys should work for a cable news network with the way you're selectively sharing interview clips

Welp after watching that I can never jerk off to Emilia Clarke again. Botox is stupid, but she really needs to find something to paralyze her fucking face, its pumping out a Warner Bros cartoon reaction every 0.25 secs.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Welp after watching that I can never jerk off to Emilia Clarke again. Botox is stupid, but she really needs to find something to paralyze her fucking face, its pumping out a Warner Bros cartoon reaction every 0.25 secs.
it was the utter look of fear, "oh no dont ask me that! i want to keep working after this dumpster fire is over. i starred in Solo and it tanked, i starred in Terminator and it tanked. leave me alone!:

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I meant that why just randomly name Gendry lord of the stormlands? I wasnt saying Arys declining him was stupid, it was expected.

The problem is that was basically fanfic come to life. D&D literally threw the "BUT WHO IS THE LORD OF THE STORMLANDS???!!" fan gripe into the show and conveniently used Gendry for that purpose.

Just no fucking real reason for that to even be a thing, who gives a fuck.

Then you have Jaime fucking Brienne which was just....fucking strange. Play silly games get silly prizes, you fuck a huge man lady and then you remember how nice your last piece of ass was and you cant live with yourself...

At least that's the only reason he would just slide out in the middle of the night. Now he is going to just create drama for Euron.

This show is bad now.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As I said reading the books I always got a "she might be the villain" vibe from her but watching the show I didn't feel that at come across at all. If GRRM's cliff notes was "and then Dany turns heel after being pushed too far" that would leave us where we are - a path intended in the story that was being written but then got shoved in hard at the very end of the show. To get her there in the time allotted her opponents use fast travel, buy resources from the cash shop, she makes a ton of retarded decisions and the military leadership makes a ton of retarded decisions. There, now she's reached the point where we can justify her lighting everything everywhere on fire except from start to finish it's been inauthentic. If you wanted to tell the story of how Dany came to Westeros and was met with betrayal after betrayal and loss after loss before issuing her father's last command, "burn them all", that would actually take some time that no one has.

I also have felt for a long time that this was ultimately the story of how magic returns to Westeros as the kingdom is reforged and a new Age of Heroes begins but what it instead looks like is a corpse pile next to a pointy metal chair. It's just one confusing disappointment after another.

Maybe you were able to maintain better focus during the books than I was, and admittedly it's been quite a few years at this point, but the main thing I remember from her chapters in books 4 and 5 is a 14 year old girl constantly wondering if Daario LIKE likes her. The show definitely has a serious identity crisis though.

Jokes about his health or lack of interest aside, I don't know how the fuck any author could get things going again after how much books 4 and 5 bogged things down.

I meant that why just randomly name Gendry lord of the stormlands? I wasnt saying Arys declining him was stupid, it was expected.

The problem is that was basically fanfic come to life. D&D literally threw the "BUT WHO IS THE LORD OF THE STORMLANDS???!!" fan gripe into the show and conveniently used Gendry for that purpose.

Then you have Jaime fucking Brienne which was just....fucking strange. Play silly games get silly prizes, you fuck a huge man lady and then you remember how nice your last piece of ass was and you cant live with yourself...

At least that's the only reason he would just slide out in the middle of the night. Now he is going to just create drama for Euron.

This show is bad now.

what? Making Gendry trueborn and giving him Storm's End was one of the few things that I've seen to remind me of the shows political roots, as it theoretically instills personal loyalty to her in Gendry. It was actually a brief glimmer of brilliance before they ruined it by having her use it to snipe at Tyrion again, despite the implied reconciliation before the battle.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Dany has two sides to her which is the conqueror and the savior. She is both of these things, and they are not mutually exclusive. In her pursuit of the throne she has done some really good things and helped a lot of people, but she has also hurt many and been responsible for a lot of death. Her fighting the rest of the "heroes" for the throne is not turning heel at all, its exactly within her established character. Her burning the city to ash with the multitudes of civilians however is not, and would only be possible if she went truly insane, which is not close to where she is now. Though with the writing we're seeing, who the fuck knows.

Maybe Cersei will blow the city up with wildfire for some reason and solve the issue in the end.

Jive Turkey

Karen

She was trying to curry favour with the Northerners. She knows he's well liked and that she'll get respect points for it.
I also think it's to remind the audience of Gendry's standing, so that when every one else ahead of him dies and Jon fucks off to North of the wall, it's not completely out of the blue that he gets put on the iron throne

• 1Like

Jozu

Again, I'm not disagreeing with the logic, just WHY now? Unless it ends up having some kind of impact the last 2 episodes, as in Gendry suddenly rallies the stormlands who come in to save the day or play some role favorable to Dany then fine.

It just seemed so out of nowhere, just bad writing. They could of had Dany consult with Tryion or someone, anyone maybe an episode before asking about the stormlands and where their loyalties lie etc. In order to give that decision more weight and context.

Instead she is just like HEY BOY, YOUR GENDRY RIGHT? ANYONE KNOW WHO THE CURRENT LORD OF THE STROMLANDZ IS???NO? WELL ITS YOURS!"

*looks at Tyrian like shes so smart*

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That scene was just to give Arya an excuse to repeat her I'm not a lady line from the first season, and to resolve the gendry/Arya romance. It also tied up the loose end of whether or not Dany would do anything about a baratheon heir.

Hack writers write hacky scenes to tie shit up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Also the retarded Varys shit is going to end up playing a role. He is going to turncoat at some point that much is clear. I'm also losing hope Bran is going to get any more significant screen time and that entire 3 eyed raven stuff was just basically to confirm Jon's parentage.

They are playing fast and loose with the way they are writing this shit, Arya and her road dog, just slip away as some sort of killing duo who are apparently going to act on their own desires, and not be a part of any plan that involves actual warfare. I mean, she is their biggest weapon besides a dragon.

I dont know I could go on and on about how stupid some of this shit is turning out to be but it's almost expected now. Brienne is now a damsel in distress, Dany turned beggar, Jon worse pet owner of all time, I mean just really bad.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it's funny how Arya is talking about the importance of family to Jon etc. Then slips away to leave Winterfell forever...

Jozu

And Bran and Sansa. Jon isn't even really her brother, which she now knows. It's just clunky.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Maybe you were able to maintain better focus during the books than I was, and admittedly it's been quite a few years at this point, but the main thing I remember from her chapters in books 4 and 5 is a 14 year old girl constantly wondering if Daario LIKE likes her.

Mostly my impression of her as a villain to be was based on how much of what she touched turned to shit and a lot of what she touched turned to shit. "Do what you think is right, your ideas kinda suck, it doesn't work out super great, a bunch of people die terribly, repeat" is what I expect out of a villain's origin story. Everyone is the hero of their own story and the best villains are no exception.

Again, Show Dany never came off that way to me at all and it'll be lame if that character sets Westeros on fire because she's mad over how terribly her decisions played out.