GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wanna know why i love? Glover not showing up, and then talking about how the north won’t stand behind Dany.

Then 2 episodes later the entire northern force marches south no question. Glad to follow Jon again. And Glover’s treason is forgotten.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My wife and I have been saying for years that Jaime and Brienne are gonna' fuck. I'm pretty sure even in the books, Jaime pops a boner in a scene with Brienne. Right? Or am I making some shit up...

I dont remember anything like that from the books, but its been 6+ years since I read them. The show is sorta warping memories and blending them together in some parts.

The main thing I remember about Jaime and Brienne's future, from the books (or maybe the released chapters from the next book), is...
that they dont end up together or ever really see each other, after Brienne departs Kings Landing. Unless Jamie goes and fucks her corpse (or Lady Stoneheart brings her back, I guess).

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Pretty sure Brienne did not die in the books, though. She was in the process of being hanged, but left on a cliffhanger, yes? Again, it's been years since I read them so I'm hazy on it(along with Jaime wanting to fuck her in the books).

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Welp, it looks like my memory of that chapter was shit, as well. According to the wiki, it is as you said, they left off in A Feast of Crows, with her about to be hung. Additionally, I somehow missed the chapter where she shows up in A Dance with Dragons, wtf!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why they didn't have wildfire based bazookas.

Would have made more sense.

Jive Turkey

Karen
ok, I will say in hindsight that bow would break under its own weight. no rope/twine could be that powerful, without steel microfibers... no, wood bow itself, would be that rigid or strong at that size, or be able to fire an arrow with that much force.

The bigger bow gets, the thicker it'd need to be. That bow is way too "thin" for its "size".

it would need some magical construction from giant technologies to be crafted. But since a giant IS using it, we can actually assume fantast construction. While the mundane human ballistae no.

I can't believe you guys are fine with "well, magic" as an explanation while simultaneously complaining about the physics of what is essentially just an even larger bow (maybe not you in particular). I've clearly underestimated the level of nerd logic on this board. As you were

• 2Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Welp, it looks like my memory of that chapter was shit, as well. According to the wiki, it is as you said, they left off in A Feast of Crows, with her about to be hung. Additionally, I somehow missed the chapter where she shows up in A Dance with Dragons, wtf!

isn't her face all fucked up from Biter as well?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 8Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Szlia

What the fuck does Tormund have to do with anything re: Jaime's relationship to Brienne throughout the entire series.
Since the first time Tormund saw Brienne, he wanted to bed her. On a side note, it is overplayed for laughs, which contributes to turn Tormund into a pure comic relief character. It's a bit dumb and lame, even if the comedy is often effective. Anyway, what matters here for our discussion is Jaime's (re)actions when faced with Tormund's obvious infatuation with Brienne: It shows how he feels about her. It's a classic "two boys in love with the same girl" situation. That's what Tormund has to do with Jaime's relationship with Brienne. That being said, you really need to never have seen a romantic comedy in your life to not realize that the odd couple with a lot in common and who argue with each other all the time will fall in love at some point in the story (or are in love but don't realize it, or are in love but think the other is not, etc, etc, etc).

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I can't believe you guys are fine with "well, magic" as an explanation while simultaneously complaining about the physics of what is essentially just an even larger bow (maybe not you in particular). I've clearly underestimated the level of nerd logic on this board. As you were

I'd actually be more forgving if Qyburn had used some magic in making the things as the world is really really low fantasy when it comes to magical stuff.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I'd actually be more forgving if Qyburn had used some magic in making the things as the world is really really low fantasy when it comes to magical stuff.

He has a dead guy walking around protecting the Queen.
Maybe the ballistas are made with magic mastodon ligaments

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
SHOWING ghost dying would have been more expensive, i think, but it's irrelevant. they didn't want to kill off ghost, but they can't afford to have him around. which, is silly, honestly... the whole conversation about money and story decisions happening because of a lack of it is just... it's goofy. if you're going to make a show where one of your main characters has a giant wolf as a best friend, and another main character with 3 dragons... you budget for it. it would be like if i made a star wars movie about the jedi order but then had to write up a bunch of reasons to not use lightsabers because it's too expensive.
Not True, there are "industry insiders" that said that doing these last 6 episodes were fucking crazy tight in all aspects of time and budget, ppl are citing the easily discovered starbucks cup, in 8 seasons now is the time they decide to fuck up? or were they all just that rushed for time, also the writing is shit too

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He has a dead guy walking around protecting the Queen.
Maybe the ballistas are made with magic mastodon ligaments

Dragonbone from all the dragon skeletons in storage under the Red Keep. The Dothraki highly prize dragonbone bows so there's an in-universe connection in addition to some thematic synergy with using dragons to kill dragons.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Since the first time Tormund saw Brienne, he wanted to bed her. On a side note, it is overplayed for laughs, which contributes to turn Tormund into a pure comic relief character. It's a bit dumb and lame, even if the comedy is often effective. Anyway, what matters here for our discussion is Jaime's (re)actions when faced with Tormund's obvious infatuation with Brienne: It shows how he feels about her. It's a classic "two boys in love with the same girl" situation. That's what Tormund has to do with Jaime's relationship with Brienne. That being said, you really need to never have seen a romantic comedy in your life to not realize that the odd couple with a lot in common and who argue with each other all the time will fall in love at some point in the story (or are in love but don't realize it, or are in love but think the other is not, etc, etc, etc).

Ah I see, here I thought we were watching Game of Thrones, and we've been watching fucking Everybody Loves Raymond this whole time! Silly me!!!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dragonbone from all the dragon skeletons in storage under the Red Keep. The Dothraki highly prize dragonbone bows so there's an in-universe connection in addition to some thematic synergy with using dragons to kill dragons.
then they should have used flame throwers. balistas dont work in any conjuction with brittle material such as bones. if you are using dried out leather or wood. you are going to have a bad time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
then they should have used flame throwers. balistas dont work in any conjuction with brittle material such as bones. if you are using dried out leather or wood. you are going to have a bad time.

Dragonbone has been presented as a masterwork crafting material for the entire series up to and including using it to craft bows. Dany gifts such a bow to one of her Dothraki and it is mentioned how highly prized those bows are by the Dothraki given their superior quality.

Jive Turkey

Karen
There's still two episodes left and only one big siege. I think they'll need a bit of filler. I'm predicting a montage on Cersei scowling over a glass of wine while memories of Tyrion waddling around the keep play in her head to Randy Newman's Short People

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dragonbone has been presented as a masterwork crafting material for the entire series up to and including using it to craft bows. Dany gifts such a bow to one of her Dothraki and it is mentioned how highly prized those bows are by the Dothraki given their superior quality.
all bone construction? or ornamentally inlaid in wood? bones, even magic bones do not bend.