GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Szlia

Well... the Iron Islands are ruled by a woman and so is the North. Also the Night King got killed by a woman... so you get a pretty broad spectrum of characters for both genders.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Tyrion said he hadn't had a whore in years, which is about the same time he started to fuck up making good calls.
Just goes to show the world really does need lots of whores so the men can make the right calls.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Well... the Iron Islands are ruled by a woman and so is the North. Also the Night King got killed by a woman... so you get a pretty broad spectrum of characters for both genders.
Shame we don't have a season 9 so we can see how screwed up those places become.

• 1Worf

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's not bad writing, in fact this episode was for sure from GRRMs notes...

If the books come out this is how it will go down. Complain about HOW it got there sure the writers of this show are shitty
If the HOW is bad, that's still bad writing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
At the end of the show Tyrion is going to forsake the throne and go setup a whorehouse down the street.

It turns out the theme of this show is that character arcs aren't real, people don't really change, the world doesn't really change, the chairs and players just get re-arranged. Which is actually what I predicted from book 1.

Been watching The Wire lately?

Szlia

Btw my Nostradabullshit with big odds:

Dany dies poisoned by Varys' little bird, using one of these poisonous crystal that surely ornate the rings Varys left behind when the guards came for him

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Some truly baffling elements, such as the fucking superweapon dragonfire that causes everything it touches to explode, and has no limits of its source. Drogon was putting A-10 Warthogs to shame. Suddenly useless ballistas. Cersei's end. (Though I did like that she shared it with Jaime) and Varys going out over some inane bullshit.

By god was it a great bit of production though. It looked amazing, and every bit of Arya trying to survive (minus Shadowfax) was great.

I guess the only question now is who will take out Hitler Stormborn. Arya is a good candidate after witnessing what the populace went through. If they fucking let Dany just piss off back to Mereen or whatever, it will cement the show as being the greatest fucking farce of all time.

Holy fucking shit this episode was absolutely amazing, insane, and just fucking awesome. I can't believe half the shit I just saw. I was cheering half the episodes. Dany sure is a cunt. The first person account of what Dany did to the city from Arya's point of view was absolutely heart breaking, terrifying, and brilliantly done.

Honestly, this one episode makes up for the last couple of seasons being shit. It beats the LOTR battle scenes, etc. This was truly amazing.

• 5Seriously?
  • 3Cringe
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The ending is turning out perfect. Kings Landing is burned to shit from the invading horde of foreign savages. Perfect analogy of the world today.

I saw it as pro-brexit messaging. Mad globalists will claim to be liberating you but when its done and said they will burn you all with dragon fire. Kings landing was perfect symbolic replacement for London.

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Over/under on the finale being of similar caliber to ‘Lost’s in term of lasting disappointment?

OVER, like way over.

If you've read the spoilers, you know how this ends - there is zero chance they salvage anything resembling redemption at this point. Pretty ready for this to be over to be honest. *Kicks back feet, inserts corn cobb pipe* "I remember the good ole days when I'd watch an episode of GOT and not want it to end".

Last night I was watching going "Fuck when is this shit over, I have stuff to do".

SHAME SHAME SHAME

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
I saw it as pro-brexit messaging. Mad globalists will claim to be liberating you but when its done and said they will burn you all with dragon fire. Kings landing was perfect symbolic replacement for London.
I would have LOVED if Jorah hadn't died in such a what the fuck way when everyone else lived to see what he would have done when she went all mad craycray. She really pissed on his burned body too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Holy fucking shit this episode was absolutely amazing, insane, and just fucking awesome. I can't believe half the shit I just saw. I was cheering half the episodes. Dany sure is a cunt. The first person account of what Dany did to the city from Arya's point of view was absolutely heart breaking, terrifying, and brilliantly done.

Honestly, this one episode makes up for the last couple of seasons being shit. It beats the LOTR battle scenes, etc. This was truly amazing.

If the show had just done as good of a job as the books have already done setting up her giving into her inner dragon, I think more of us would be on board. It’s very clear by the end of Dance that she’s heading to this ending.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly that is the only part that made sense to me. They have been through some shit and finally they have achieved what they set out of achieve, once there they go nuts. It was par for the course throughout history, why not in the show.

because it was happening WHILE A DRAGON WAS BURNING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
A little aside.

By modern sensibilities: Dany is a mass murderer guilty of war crimes.

By medieval sensibilities: you cannot surrender AFTER a siege has started. The army is owed its loot and plunder.

• 2Like
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I want to bitch about the undead dragon blowing down 1.21 gigatons of icewall in one episode and then jon snow hiding behind a rock 12 ft away successfully later.

Bruh, my wife and I have been eye-rolling their fire physics the entire season. They are inconsistent with its effect within the same episode.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nostradamus time

Sansa dies to Dany
Bran will warg Drogan next week after Arya kills Dany. He controls the dragon and makes it fart.

He is the adjunct leader until Arya’s baby is born.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well yeah, once they achieve it - maybe that guy was really excited, but dropping your pants for a quick raping when the enemy are like 6ft away and your own air support is firebombing the city you are in seems a little on the risky side.

Although given how sacking cities has gone on in the real world not entirely an incorrect portrayal.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It's not bad writing, in fact this episode was for sure from GRRMs notes.

He always talked about the scouring of the Shire from lotr being something he wanted to do and this is what we just saw.

Your honorable northern army? Shits got rapists and murderers because every army has.

Your skilled and dependable unsullied? They follow their queens orders unquestionably not Jon snows.

The brother versus brother fight to the death? How about you both just get lit on fire and die.

Arya ninja assassin? Can't do shit versus dragon nukes GTFO.

If the books come out this is how it will go down. Complain about HOW it got there sure the writers of this show are shitty, but don't fall into the trap that da norf=good guys.

Occam's Razor says it is bad writing just like the rest of this season.

Oldbased

> Than U
My official prediction

Beet soup is fucking terrible no matter how old the recipe is. Give me some chickens any day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users