GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
They removed the script from the Emmy page, all the other nominated scripts are still up. It's probably just an error and coincidence but I like to think someone got upset everyone was making fun of them.

Can't wait for 10 years to pass so people involved can actually talk about. You go from a beloved cultural juggernaut to literal joke in the span of 4 episodes, gotta be some good stories to tell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I didn't watch the last season or the first 5.... I haven't read the books either. My only experience with this thing was watching season 7 and then season 6.

But given my extremely limited exposure I assumed several things about season 8. Anyways I figured the following or something like it would be the natural way to wrap things up. But what do I know.
Firstly, I assumed that Bran was going to be the key to defeating the white walkers and it was going to kill him in the process. I figured since the night king was a scourge developed by the elves to defeat men that he was crafted to gain strength from our weakness. Mainly, all of the violence and murder and war and greed of men is fuel for the night king. Every corpse the living create becomes more potential fodder for the army of the undead.

So in order to defeat these creatures, which is essentially humanities own malice reflected back to it like in a rotting mirror, more hate and violence didn't seem like the answer.

Enter Bran, the one character who can literally see the world through other people's eyes and who has the greatest potential for expressing empathy, even for the night king.

I figured that during the inevitable climatic battle when the wall of ice is breached and what remains of the living forces become entangled in the final shutdown... Bran either completes a ritual, or gains some momentary increase in power due to some process/mcguffin that is just convoluted enough to make you wonder if it will work. With his supercharged abilities he suddenly connects everyone psychically. Like everyone. He transports each of them to the specific time and place of each other's deaths, everyone is suddenly faced with the things they have done, will do or neglected to do that resulted in the deaths that helped create the current situation.

Essentially creating this huge moment for all of these people to empathize with one another and to take the fight out if the situation, and to express remorse to the night king himself for the actions that resulted in its creation. This fragile moment lasts long enough to cover a ton of brief flash backs to the more prominent deaths that occurred during the past seasons and makes everyone an emotional wreck for dramatic purposes... it lasts just long enough for some person Bran either wasn't permitted to see or purposefully excluded from the giant mind meld orgy to walk up to the night king and essentially mercy kill it. Like the frozen blueberry finally feels emotion just once and it's overwhelming and crippling and makes him extra vulnerable to getting a flaming sword shoved through his neck or some such. The remaining white walkers just lay down and get killed again by people who kinda feel sorry this time. Bran's brain melts in the process.

During the season the following things also happen: dragon lady sits on the throne, jon leaves with his dog as he doesn't feel right about ruling after everything that's happened. Cersei gets killed by her brother(the tall one) and as he is contemplating suicide tall knight chick stops him. Dickless wonderboy manages to kill the dude with all the ships using an anchor to drag him down to the bottom and dies himself with a smile on his face in the process. And stabby mc face off teenage mutant ninja assassin girl decides she is done being the angel of death and instead is going to heal people, until the other crazy teen murderer she pissed off slits her throat. Yadda yadda yadda other characters experience narrative conclusions

This all made perfect sense to me. And then I heard about what actually happened and I sort of just shrugged and said, eh fuck it.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I didn't watch the last season or the first 5.... I haven't read the books either. My only experience with this thing was watching season 7 and then season 6.

But given my extremely limited exposure I assumed several things about season 8. Anyways I figured the following or something like it would be the natural way to wrap things up. But what do I know.
Firstly, I assumed that Bran was going to be the key to defeating the white walkers and it was going to kill him in the process. I figured since the night king was a scourge developed by the elves to defeat men that he was crafted to gain strength from our weakness. Mainly, all of the violence and murder and war and greed of men is fuel for the night king. Every corpse the living create becomes more potential fodder for the army of the undead.

So in order to defeat these creatures, which is essentially humanities own malice reflected back to it like in a rotting mirror, more hate and violence didn't seem like the answer.

Enter Bran, the one character who can literally see the world through other people's eyes and who has the greatest potential for expressing empathy, even for the night king.

I figured that during the inevitable climatic battle when the wall of ice is breached and what remains of the living forces become entangled in the final shutdown... Bran either completes a ritual, or gains some momentary increase in power due to some process/mcguffin that is just convoluted enough to make you wonder if it will work. With his supercharged abilities he suddenly connects everyone psychically. Like everyone. He transports each of them to the specific time and place of each other's deaths, everyone is suddenly faced with the things they have done, will do or neglected to do that resulted in the deaths that helped create the current situation.

Essentially creating this huge moment for all of these people to empathize with one another and to take the fight out if the situation, and to express remorse to the night king himself for the actions that resulted in its creation. This fragile moment lasts long enough to cover a ton of brief flash backs to the more prominent deaths that occurred during the past seasons and makes everyone an emotional wreck for dramatic purposes... it lasts just long enough for some person Bran either wasn't permitted to see or purposefully excluded from the giant mind meld orgy to walk up to the night king and essentially mercy kill it. Like the frozen blueberry finally feels emotion just once and it's overwhelming and crippling and makes him extra vulnerable to getting a flaming sword shoved through his neck or some such. The remaining white walkers just lay down and get killed again by people who kinda feel sorry this time. Bran's brain melts in the process.

During the season the following things also happen: dragon lady sits on the throne, jon leaves with his dog as he doesn't feel right about ruling after everything that's happened. Cersei gets killed by her brother and as he is contemplating suicide tall knight chick stops him. Dickless wonderboy manages to kill the dude with all the ships using an anchor to drag him down to the bottom and dies himself with a smile on his face in the process. And stabby mc face off teenage mutant ninja assassin girl decides she is done being the angel of death and instead is going to heal people, until the other crazy teen murderer she pissed off slits her throat. Yadda yadda yadda other characters experience narrative conclusions

This all made perfect sense to me. And then I heard about what actually happened and I sort of just shrugged and said, eh fuck it.
Some good stuff in there, you should have two Star Wars trilogies!

I really liked the bits about people showing remorse and having empathy for each other.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Some good stuff in there, you should have two Star Wars trilogies!

I really liked the bits about people showing remorse and having empathy for each other.
Well, I mean if they wanted a happy ending... the other way to go is just have the white walkers win. Everyone dies, no one sits on the throne, roll credits.

Or the people who actually manage to stop the white walkers are so decimated by the fight that they become vulnerable to attack and are betrayed. This is where jon dies again, which sets off lizard girl who rampages a bit too hard and results in a hollow victory. She lives but there isn't much left to rule over and no one really trusts her anymore so she has the throne in name only.

Lots of ways to skin it, but it needed way more noble sacrifice coupled with ignoble deaths to feel like it worked.

Anyways thank you for your generous gifts. My first star wars trilogy will be a musical. The second one will be done out of sequence using a fragmented timeline ala memento ect. as it incorporates a heavy time travel element.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have read dozens of possible outcomes of this series. All of them, including the white walkers win and every person in Westeros is dead and we fade to black., are better than the shit they gave us. At this point it isnt how bad the ending is, it is really how the fuck they thought the shit they gave us was good.

iannis

Musty Nester
The best you can say is at least it was just plain bad instead of politically motivated bad.

I guess that's something.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

During the season the following things also happen: dragon lady sits on the throne, jon leaves with his dog as he doesn't feel right about ruling after everything that's happened. Cersei gets killed by her brother(the tall one) and as he is contemplating suicide tall knight chick stops him. Dickless wonderboy manages to kill the dude with all the ships using an anchor to drag him down to the bottom and dies himself with a smile on his face in the process. And stabby mc face off teenage mutant ninja assassin girl decides she is done being the angel of death and instead is going to heal people, until the other crazy teen murderer she pissed off slits her throat. Yadda yadda yadda other characters experience narrative conclusions

All the characters suddenly getting in touch with their feminine side might actually be worse than what we got.

Didn't think that was even possible.

• 1Picard

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
HAHAHAHAHA, I hope they get fucking sued for every penny they made after the books went dry.

• 2Picard
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
All the characters suddenly getting in touch with their feminine side might actually be worse than what we got.

Didn't think that was even possible.
Eh, not feminine side. There is a way to sell it visually that would work but the point is to utilize Brans psychic ability to cause the night king to want to sever his connection with the white walkers because it's causing him distress. That's it. Utilizing a flashback to all of the deaths of each white Walker and forcing the king to actually feel each one as if it was his own death seemed like a cool idea. Whatever the case is bran should have died with the night king.

Not that any of it matters at this point.

So you basically took the plot of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and applied it to the Night King. Probably the gayest Got fanfiction I've ever read with the exception of some Tyrion/Jaime incest smut.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So you basically took the plot of How the Grinch Stole Christmas and applied it to the Night King. Probably the gayest Got fanfiction I've ever read with the exception of some Tyrion/Jaime incest smut.
It's ok general. I understand. You really identified with the grinch growing up and hated the fact that he had a change of heart. Why couldn't all those whos have just kept that happiness stuff to themselves and left the poor grinch to be miserable in peace. But despite your cool demeanor I bet there is a little cindy lou inside you too.

Who knows, One day your heart may grow three sizes too. It might be right before you have a massive coronary but I hope it also helps you reconnect with your feelings.

Anyways GOT is dead, no need for an autopsy I suppose.

Caliane

Eh, not feminine side. There is a way to sell it visually that would work but the point is to utilize Brans psychic ability to cause the night king to want to sever his connection with the white walkers because it's causing him distress. That's it. Utilizing a flashback to all of the deaths of each white Walker and forcing the king to actually feel each one as if it was his own death seemed like a cool idea. Whatever the case is bran should have died with the night king.

Not that any of it matters at this point.
Bran wargs into the Knight king and shows him everything, and everyone.

Knightking sees a landfill full of Aquafina plastic bottles, and unrecyclable, unbiodegradable coated starbucks coffee cups.
>Turns to the camera, with a single tear rolling down his face.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Bran wargs into the Knight king and shows him everything, and everyone.

Knightking sees a landfill full of Aquafina plastic bottles, and unrecyclable, unbiodegradable coated starbucks coffee cups.
>Turns to the camera, with a single tear rolling down his face.

Yeah but you need the bag of garbage landing at his feet. That's what really sells the shot.

Either that or just do a rendition of 'let it go' as the undead pillage Westeros.

Both valid.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider

Remove every mistake for starters. Ten episodes.
  • The white walkers win at winterfell. The crypt is a bloodbath. The night king was never there. Jorah, Davos, Jaime, the Hound, Tormund, Brienne, Beric and the witch die ensuring the others' survival.
  • King's Landing is destroyed by the night king. Cersei dies alone.
  • Westeros is decimated.
  • One long episode named "The Long Night" dedicated to time jumping every twenty or so minutes. Incredible magic which has never been seen on television. Dany is a badass. Mythical darkness and flame and shadow. Sam has become an older Odin-like wizard maester, last of his kind. Arya dies. Fire and ice. Rhaegal is killed during one of the battles. Dany passes beneath the shadow of Asshai and gains the last dragons. Years pass as humanity is wiped out of the world.
  • Dany dies fighting the night king. Drogon dies with Jon, protecting Bran. Sam dies.
  • Younger characters are older now. Sam's son discovers the secret of the old gods that was omitted from the books about the long night, the three eyed raven, the shadow of Asshai and the wall. Bran looks into the past and finds the night king, both becoming death incorporeal, spreading into the weirwoods. The seasons are broken and the world is set adrift in spring.
  • The westerosi emerge from their caves in Dorne. The world is ruined yet must be made again, the leaves are greener than ever before, the clouds are white over the bluest sky. Sansa is queen of her primitive tribe and had children with her sister's friend, Gendry. Sam's son and Tyrion help rebuild the western world.
  • Gendry leaves to hunt one morning as Sansa speaks to her kids. "Go with your father, but remember, don't stray from each other. The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives." They run down the hills.
The End

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users