GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fucker

Log Wizard
at least their curse is not as bad as the curse thats on the Harry Potter cast and the Disney Star Wars cast.

The main kids from Harry Potter are worth absurd piles of cash. They are going to be cashing checks from those films for the rest of their lives. If that is a curse it is a pretty good one.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Of all the examples of shitty writing, asking why magic didn't make logical sense shouldnt be one of them
1606216852069.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The main kids from Harry Potter are worth absurd piles of cash. They are going to be cashing checks from those films for the rest of their lives. If that is a curse it is a pretty good one.
Gary Coleman ended up homeless, child actors always get screwed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Just finished a complete rewatch of all of this.
Noticed some crazy things I hadn't before. Specifically cases where people were watching/listening to others in background.
So we all hated things of the final seasons and I know it has been randomly stated a few times the issues.
What I'd be interested in is what do you feel was wrong with the final seasons.
Not talking about time jumps/insta travel. I am talking about the actual politics and decisions the characters made.
I guess this would be, what do you feel should have happened.
You can start as early back or as late as you wish in the timeline.

Sorry if I don't respond for the next few days. I will be out of pocket so to speak till probably Friday+

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just finished a complete rewatch of all of this.
Noticed some crazy things I hadn't before. Specifically cases where people were watching/listening to others in background.
So we all hated things of the final seasons and I know it has been randomly stated a few times the issues.
What I'd be interested in is what do you feel was wrong with the final seasons.
Not talking about time jumps/insta travel. I am talking about the actual politics and decisions the characters made.
I guess this would be, what do you feel should have happened.
You can start as early back or as late as you wish in the timeline.

Sorry if I don't respond for the next few days. I will be out of pocket so to speak till probably Friday+
The white king should have been the main threat all along the last season. They built his character over all the season, he steals a dragon, rapes the dothraki, etc. all that to be killed and forgotten within minutes. From this I completly lost interest. Daenerys going apeshit was weak, I thought Jon Snow would become some kind of badass, but I guess he got Resurection Sickness and stayed a pussy.
We thought that all those tightly interwoven plot threads were great until they turned them into fuses for a shit bomb

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there any other show that went from loved worldwide to being hated worldwide quicker than GoT?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Is there any other show that went from loved worldwide to being hated worldwide quicker than GoT?
Hates a strong word. Since the show ended, I'm sure the majority of viewers have fond memories of the show overall. But yeah, the ending did not get the best reception.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, don't confuse nerd rage on the internet for everyone hating the show. I didn't find the ending to be especially inspiring, but I didn't get all the hate for it. I think it was mostly people who were unhappy that it didn't follow their personal fanfic that they had been writing for it over the last 15 years or whatever. If you were shocked by Danearys turning bad, then you just weren't paying attention to her character arc, let alone her family history. Arya becoming the ultimate assassin and then making the ultimate assassination was her entire story line. How else were they supposed to kill the Night's King? A miracle was the only way that they could win considering the fact that the army of the dead outnumbered them like 500 to 1.

The most questionable part in my mind was making Bran-bot the king, but if any group of people should be willing to buy the idea that you can be a leader based on cold rationality it would be sci-fi fans. Aside from that I thought the characters actions were in line with their personalities and were all thoroughly foreshadowed.

If you think the show would have been better if they showed them spending weeks crossing the countryside at walking speed I don't know what to tell you.

• 1WTF
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
It's been years. Let's stick to just issues this time if possible.
Having just watched it, the whole Sansa, Tyrion, Varys, Jon betrayal thing stood out to me and why it was an issue to begin with, but fuck the other 3 betraying her, let's just cook Varys instead. Granted he was trying to poison her.
Olenna watching Jamies army just march up and not leaving her room. Sure she is old but she could have walked to Dragonstone in the time she had warning they was coming. Also rip her 4 months ago. What is dead probably died.

The whole killing of Mesothelioma. How was she the only bitch to get captured from Enron's automatic catapulting?
The hound fight. He hit zombie man about 12 times on the stairs before it went hand to hand and his massive sword never penetrated dudes armor.
Everything Arya except her sex scene. I'm certain 10 minutes after the credit roll that her crew threw her over.
As said Jon being a massive pussy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, don't confuse nerd rage on the internet for everyone hating the show. I didn't find the ending to be especially inspiring, but I didn't get all the hate for it. I think it was mostly people who were unhappy that it didn't follow their personal fanfic that they had been writing for it over the last 15 years or whatever. If you were shocked by Danearys turning bad, then you just weren't paying attention to her character arc, let alone her family history. Arya becoming the ultimate assassin and then making the ultimate assassination was her entire story line. How else were they supposed to kill the Night's King? A miracle was the only way that they could win considering the fact that the army of the dead outnumbered them like 500 to 1.

The most questionable part in my mind was making Bran-bot the king, but if any group of people should be willing to buy the idea that you can be a leader based on cold rationality it would be sci-fi fans. Aside from that I thought the characters actions were in line with their personalities and were all thoroughly foreshadowed.

If you think the show would have been better if they showed them spending weeks crossing the countryside at walking speed I don't know what to tell you.
Daeny had a mean streak. This is well established. You dont give her what she wants then she and Team Ramrod will go pyro on your ass. What was never established until one episode before it happened was her being a paranoid psychopath who still burns her kingdom down even when they surrender to her. They also didnt establish that she would go completely bonkers over a man not wanting to fuck her. Arya never finished her training in the books or the show. She wasnt an ultimate anything.

-edit
Season 8 Daeny was a big character departure. So much so that the day after the final episode, Dan & Dave got fired off their 3 movie star wars deal. Thats right, the cunt that hired an assassin to humiliate and then murder Luke Skywalker, thought what they did to Daeny was too fucked up.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
GoT is an amazing show and I really miss it & the world.
But the last 2 Seasons flopped so hard, it's difficult to pick it up again.
It's the massive disappointment in character arcs & the final outcome of the show.
It's not inspiring.
They tried to put a happy ending on a show that is anything but.
It would have been far superior to have the WW overtake the realms. At least it would have been more inspiring, and make me wanting more.
But do I ever want to re-enter the world with King Bran? Nope.
Would I ever want to re-enter a world with the KK as ruler? Yup.

However, as with most, I was really just hoping Jon would go super-Saiyan.
Everything was just a huge disappointment for me tbh.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The biggest sign for me is this.

After season 8, I've had zero interest in re-watching any of the episodes or re-reading any of the books. Zero. This matches other fans I've talked to.

Prior to that point, I would re-watch each season at least once, and the books were in my regular rotation.

GOT Season 8 was truly a legendary failure, like the Lost finale. Both of them retroactively destroyed any interest in the material that preceded them.

Like balefire, these endings were so bad them traveled back through time to ruin even the previous seasons.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Literally some of the best scenes in the show come from characters walking across the country side accomplishing nothing.

The story was about characters, and the directors never understood that. They made it about scenes when they took the helm and the entire feeling changed and became bad. So to answer your retarded and probably rhetorically intended question. Yes, it would have made the show better.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Aldarion Aldarion you make a good point there. I got extremely bored with nothing to watch this last week so I started rewatching season 1. For me its so cringey and struggle to get through with how much I hate some of these characters and how badly the show ended. Like so much of it would be different if Sansa wasnt such a fucking cunt. I get that adds the drama to the show but her being so thirsty for Joffrey is insane.

I really liked the show and the books and thought I would enjoy rewatching it, but so far its been a huge letdown.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
blah blah blah here we go again
I think he's right but it was very badly written. She became a savior on many seasons then in 2 episodes or something she goes completly "let's burn to ashes the realm that is rightfully mine".
Arya being the ultimate assassin, yeah maybe, to kill human, but to kill an immortal ageless king with enormous power ? that felt very weak.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Having just watched it, the whole Sansa, Tyrion, Varys, Jon betrayal thing stood out to me and why it was an issue to begin with, but fuck the other 3 betraying her, let's just cook Varys instead. Granted he was trying to poison her.
Olenna watching Jamies army just march up and not leaving her room. Sure she is old but she could have walked to Dragonstone in the time she had warning they was coming. Also rip her 4 months ago. What is dead probably died.

The whole killing of Mesothelioma. How was she the only bitch to get captured from Enron's automatic catapulting?
The hound fight. He hit zombie man about 12 times on the stairs before it went hand to hand and his massive sword never penetrated dudes armor.
Everything Arya except her sex scene. I'm certain 10 minutes after the credit roll that her crew threw her over.
John is always a pussy though. He is a skilled combatant but still a pussy. He is truly the soy-boy of Westeros. Besides Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome, when does he not act like a pussy.

Oldbased

> Than U
John is always a pussy though. He is a skilled combatant but still a pussy. He is truly the soy-boy of Westeros. Besides Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome, when does he not act like a pussy.
When he hangs all the people who killed him then says fuck off Watchboys

• 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Did anyone understand any of this?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users