GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

spronk

FPS noob
Coldhands & his band of crows will show up to save Jon and Bran, and fill in the audience and Jon on why Bran has to go with him and why Jon has to return to the wall. Just guessing, but seems like the perfect time to bring him in.

i also wonder how old the actor playing tommen is, cuz marge should be sucking his dick right about now. We also 100% put to rest all the Joffrey theories. Olenna killed him, Marge didn't know, Littlefinger facilitated and is working with the Martells.

Also for a while I've been wondering the use of the phrase "Valar Margolus" it was first said by the face changer assassin then I heard the Red Witch say it to that guy who was sliced through the shoulder by the hound and then bought back to life. When the guys drew straws ( coins or something ) to kill daenerys and Fabio won he said "Valar Margolus" then showed up at her tent with their heads.

So I haven't been sure if it's some religious sect or some sub-culture that are more magical who use it as their motto, or if it's just some generic phrase that's used as a greeting or mantra in the whole GRRM world. I haven't read the books so I'm totally taking what I can from the TV show ( plus I'm known to miss the point at times )

So on this weeks show when the Grey Worm went into the passages under the city and spoke with the slaves locked in there. He greeted them with the words "Valar Margolus" and the scene had sub-titles which came up as 'All men must die'

Like I said, I haven't read the books ( book readers are probably laughing at me now ) but this new translation of Valar Margolus is pretty interesting

- - - - -
I didn't interpret the use of "all men must die" as just a greeting in the scene you were referring to. Greyworm enters into the slave holding area right as they are talking about how the masters will kill them if they fight. Greyworm transitions "all men must die" into his speech about how it's better to live free for one day than to live the rest of your life as a slave. So, he was using the common phrase "all men must die" to mean: we are all going to die at some point anyway...so die fighting for your freedom.

Neno

Lord Nagafen Raider
What sort of bothers me about her story is that she seems happier just steamrolling the eastern continent, taking back the seven kingdoms seems like a needless complication at this point.
Looking at a map she has already sacked most of the cities surrounding the Slaver's Bay. She could hit up Mantarys and Volantis. I suppose she could go south and take a trip down into whatever is left of Valyria or shoot west into Dorne. The other likely thing would be to finish up the Western coast and sail over to Dragonstone from Pentos thus completing a giant circle. Given how big her dragons have grown in the last few years I'm sure they would be ready for full on combat by the time she reached Dragonstone if she takes that route.

Given the massive amounts of wealth she must have acquired and her army of unsullied and mercenaries (are they still following Daario? Haven't seen anyone else except the unsullied) I can't see much cock blocking her outside of like some giant dothraki horde or the warlocks doing some big magic stuff. I can't remember all the back story stuff that was on the blue rays about Aegon Targaryen but he couldn't have had that big of an army when he first came over from Dragonstone.

iannis

Musty Nester
At least we got to see the morally questionable side of Daenerys again. Freeing slaves is one thing, orchestrating a violent revolt and executing civilian prisoners is quite another. Maybe she's going insane like the Targaryen Mad King that liked to burn people. What sort of bothers me about her story is that she seems happier just steamrolling the eastern continent, taking back the seven kingdoms seems like a needless complication at this point.
I dunno. The expedience of her advisors "Sometimes mercy is the proper response to injustice" is a lot more morally questionable. 130-odd crucified children on her march to the city. There is some evil that you suffer, and some you do not.

And plus if she lets the masters live -- what does that do to her entire political momentum. She's basically building an empire entirely off the notion (and reality) of "slave revolt" and replacing it with a benevolent dictatorship. The dictatorship has to be benevolent and the slave owners MUST die in order for that to work.

Basically her advisor is squeamish and full of shit -- he's thinking about long term strategy when it comes to westeros but ignoring the short term realities of what it will take her to get to westeros in the first place. He's viewing power as both the means and the end, where she is viewing it only as the means.

Ain't no one gonna take you serious unless you're willing to crucify some fuckers. The benevolent dictatorship has to be a dictatorship, as well as benevolent. She learned at the cock of Khal-Drogo after all, and she learned it well!

iannis

Musty Nester
Remember that he's the one that wanted to take them down so that she "didn't have to see them".

In a lot of things she's utterly right not to listen to his rather self-serving advice. Both of her advisors are playing their own games with power. She has to keep them leashed, and its her own power that IS the leash.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
there were "joffrey theories"?

When Peter Baelish explains what happens in the novel, it's unreliable narrator, omg he's lying even though not really omg, etc

When Peter Baelish explains what happens in the TV show, nearly word for word the same, it's all good, we finally believe him?

iannis

Musty Nester
No reason for Olenna to lie to her granddaughter. In fact, every reason for her not to.

That's a pretty fucking serious "life lesson/understand the wisdom of your elders" moment going on.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Coldhands & his band of crows will show up to save Jon and Bran, and fill in the audience and Jon on why Bran has to go with him and why Jon has to return to the wall. Just guessing, but seems like the perfect time to bring him in.

i also wonder how old the actor playing tommen is, cuz marge should be sucking his dick right about now. We also 100% put to rest all the Joffrey theories. Olenna killed him, Marge didn't know, Littlefinger facilitated and is working with the Martells.
THe Martells or the Tyrells?

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
there were "joffrey theories"?

When Peter Baelish explains what happens in the novel, it's unreliable narrator, omg he's lying even though not really omg, etc

When Peter Baelish explains what happens in the TV show, nearly word for word the same, it's all good, we finally believe him?
Reliable or unreliable, I love his line about a gift ensuring that a new friendship grows strong.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
When Peter isn't going all "creepy uncle" with Sansha literally everything he tells her is true. He is grooming her. I'm not sure yet if he's decided if he wants to fuck her or keep her as his "daughter" but she is his protege. The fact Sansa knows everything, that baelish is responsible for the war of the 5 kings by tricking the starks/lannister's into war, is responsible for basically her entire families death, etc. He has no choice but to be honest with her.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I'll say this: it's crossing into some unknown shit that I don't feel confortable seeing before reading.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think he is asking if the rest of the mercenaries, the red sons is it?, are still following daario.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of Sansa and Petyr, what the fuck was up with when Tyrion said that she wasn't a killer, at least not yet? What the hell could they possibly be foreshadowing there?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
tyrion means that because sansa is on the run and being hunted she may have to kill somebody. he has no idea of her current situation

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or that she and her family have been fucked over so many times by so many people, it's not hard to believe she might become vindictive and seek revenge and fuck some people up.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think it was more of an insight into who she could become given everything she has been through, and the cut to Petyr was pretty obvious foreshadowing.