Gotham

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aside from Jim inexplicably deciding he needs to save Falcone when there hasn't been any indication up until this point that he believes Falcone is essential to Gotham's survival and aside from Falcone inexplicably deciding to retire out of nowhere, I wasn't too disappointed with this episode. I think the reason I enjoyed the episode is it finally did something I've been whining about since this show began: They did something unexpected. They killed off one of the mob bosses, made the other retire, and turned Barbara into a psychopath. They finally did a couple things that pushed beyond the bounds of the established Batman universe which gives me a tiny bit of optimism going into the second season.

If they'refinallygoing to start doing something interesting and different with the content they've been handed, then perhaps I'll continue to watch.

it was completely nonsensical. mooney escapes crazy island on a choppah with a gunshot wound, shows up in gotham on a boat and in some radical hair style, clothes, piercings and completely healed. meets up with selena and next day she looks like mooney and acts like she has never acted in any part of this season.
You missed the "2 weeks later" tag after that scene. Not that it makes it any less ridiculous for Fish and co. to raid the Mad Max set within that time period, but it makes itslightlyless ridiculous.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

michael chiklis, and the dude we thought of as joker will return. i actually am looking forward to season two now that fish dumbass isnt around.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think they are starting to ease up on the Batman thing since Bruce will discover the cave this season.

Cameron makes an amazing young joker. Can't wait for that arc

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would you guys say Gotham is better or worse than Daredevil?
Better. Will be curious how S2 develops, as there was a lot of villain-of-the-weeks but some cool story telling too. Also, no more Fish Moony

Sterling

El Presidente
Better. Will be curious how S2 develops, as there was a lot of villain-of-the-weeks but some cool story telling too. Also, no more Fish Moony
I'd imagine this is not going to be the majority opinion on this board. I liked Daredevil a lot better personally and really didn't like this show all that much. Will probably try this next season because I WANT it to be good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
not many here loved it, it was absolutely terrible at times. my biggest problem was fish mooney and how hokey it all was. if they can rein in the camp and there is no Fish in the cast then i am willing to give it a second chance. i really liked alfred and bullock, selena was decent too. i also love me some michael chiklis. plus, if they are really doing the Joker subplot justice then this may actually be really good

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So did season one turn around at the end? I stopped watching with just a few episodes left because it was so awful.

I'm curious if I should finish it.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd imagine this is not going to be the majority opinion on this board. I liked Daredevil a lot better personally and really didn't like this show all that much. Will probably try this next season because I WANT it to be good.
Daredevil was great, but personally I like the Gotham atmosphere better apart from Fish. Seeing what they were able to do with 1 season of the Flash, I really hope they push the envelope and make it comparable. They don't have to be slow as balls in part, with Penguin now higher up & Barbara batshit crazy it should make for interested TV, not to mention Gordon getting the respect of the department and taking over.

Caliane

So did season one turn around at the end? I stopped watching with just a few episodes left because it was so awful.

I'm curious if I should finish it.
nope just got dumber.
do you like Sharknado? Gotham is like the same.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I abandoned ship towards the end of S1 did they actually kill off Fish or are people just praying

Devlin

Golden Squire
I watched the whole of season one and I couldn't tell you what happened in the last episode.

I was just glad it was over.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Penguin threw her ass off a roof after she killed the Don, doesn't show the body but iirc she said in an interview she wouldn't be in s2 so could go either way.