Gotham

Karloff_sl

shitlord
the CW is a small network. a fox show should be able to have larger ratings than it. the fact that fox paid a fuckload for the riddler, penguin and poison ivy gothambabies shows how big this show should be. the thing is if you tease something you have no rights to tease, people, fanbois to be precise will shit on you.
All reviews I've read have been positive and I'm pretty sure they are going for more than just the comic fanboy crowd. They can pretty much tease all they want, it will either work or it won't and they will adjust or cancel it. Comic fans are never happy, it's pretty much death and taxes. I'll enjoy both Arrow, Flash, Gotham and Hellblazer all the same of they are good.

DC had a great comic back in the day called GCPD, was pretty much all just the police and villans, rarely Batman and it worked well. I have no problem giving Gotham a chance, if you want to write it off that's your loss.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i plan on giving it a chance, as i have posted, i am a big dc comics fan. batman is my favorite comic book hero. but i want to see batman. i will watch this, but i dont have very high expectations right now.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just going to be a cop show. It will be good or bad on it's own merits. The DC tie ins will just be nice(or shitty) fanservice. Hopefully they handle them well.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's just going to be a cop show. It will be good or bad on it's own merits. The DC tie ins will just be nice(or shitty) fanservice. Hopefully they handle them well.
Yeah the show really has to stand on it's own two feet. I imagine it'll be a fairly routine cop drama with an occasional spice of Batman environment tie ins. But if they can't make the characters likeable, the atmosphere engaging and the storylines strong no amount of attempted fanservice will save the show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fox does dumb shit, but would they be dumb enough to have paid whatever large amount of money just for the rights to say chester cobblepot in a by the numbers cop show?

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Loved the first episode, it set shit up perfectly. You dont need the main character of the comics for a comic book show to be good. My opinion might change, but i am satisfied with the product so far

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well that was pretty darn good. Like that they filled the show with a ton of traditional Gotham City elements. Lots of major villains appear plus even people like Montoya and Crispin Allen

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Fox is buying the WB???
If Fox pays a a few metric shit tons of money. I doubt Fox will buy WB. They would have to buy out part of Time Warner and CBS. Time Warner partly owns the CW and fully owns WB which owns DC. Fox had to pay to get the TV rights to Batman content.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Enjoyed it, but I really think they went overboard on introducing characters. I mean, for fucks sake, every single person Gordon runs into is a villain. They could have saved a few so it's fun when you run into a new pre-villain.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn, didn't know I wasn't allowed to share my opinion.

Guess you'd just prefer 20 posts all saying how awesome it was.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I agree with Elurin, sort of, we got catwoman, riddler and penguin. did i miss one? they went a little overboard, but at least they didnt linger on too many of them too long. was very well done for a pilot, i like who they picked for Alfred and for the split second she was on screen i liked who they picked for the chief, is that the chick from The Warriors? anyway, i like what i am seeing so far and it looks like the story will be moving along at a good clip like they are doing with Arrow. have i mentioned before that i am a DC fanboi?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just watched this. Based on visuals, it looks like they want the characters to resemble the Tim Burton cast. Catgirl has a face that strongly resembles Michelle Pfeiffer at least, and the Penguin in that last shot looked like Danny Devito when he was going after that sammich.