Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
hodj, a_skeleton_03 plz hold the shit posting in this thread until people start posting spoilers and I abandon this thread until it comes out on PC.

a_skeleton_03, say your piece on why you think that GTAV games shouldn't use the vernacular of the social groups they're portraying and be done with it. Hodj stop enabling a_skeleton_03.
Lol forum starts some crazy anti-racism kick but when I mention a game is racist a bit too much I am shit posting ..... classic clueless Tuco.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Preloading should be available on ps3, if i could figure out how.

Apparently there is no preloading, for the most anticipated game of possibly the entire console generation. Thank god its going to be such a small download!

Joe_sl

shitlord
Its a must buy game! Trevor is so ridiculous through out the whole game. He's like GTA personified. I was laughing like a maniac while doing his side missions and my girlfriend thought I was a psycho.

His rampage on post-ironic hipsters is epic

DMK_sl

shitlord
Lol forum starts some crazy anti-racism kick but when I mention a game is racist a bit too much I am shit posting ..... classic clueless Tuco.
So let me get this straight. The game portrays a particular type of black person exactly the way that type of black person is and the game is racist? You do realise in actual fact it is you that is being racist. By saying that because one black person is portrayed a certain way therefore they are all like that. I've got no fucken idea how people can say something is racist when the people being portrayed actually act that way to a T.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I didn't say his stealing and killing and general gang banging was a racist portrayal, I said the amount of the N-word was over the top. It's not that hard to grasp that for most people those missions will be annoying to play as a result.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Lets put it into perspective, if a game had you riding around in a golf cart through a gay pride parade and kneecapping everyone while shouting faggot at the top of your lungs I bet you guys would be up in arms.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lets put it into perspective, if a game had you riding around in a golf cart through a gay pride parade and kneecapping everyone while shouting faggot at the top of your lungs I bet you guys would be up in arms.
Sounds like a game I would enjoy quite a bit actually.

Pointless violence, bigotry and hatred?

Sign my ass up.

DMK_sl

shitlord
If there was a large demographic of people who acted like that then yes it would be totally acceptable because a stereotype is being portrayed. Just like a lot of black american thugs like to say Wakandan every second word. If there wasn't such a large amount of black thugs that act like that they wouldn't have portrayed the character that way. Is it racist that trevor is a white trash sicko? No one gives a fuck about that even tho he also portrays a lot of white crackheads. Not to mention your attempt at an equal example isn't the same. It's black people calling each other Wakandan. Everyone knows they feel it's all good for them to talk to eachother like that. A correct example would be two gay people calling each other faggot.

It's not racist at all it's just a certain type of person being brought to life in a video game. The color of their skin is irrelevant. What about Michael being a shitty husband chasing money and not giving a fuck about his family like a typical white business man. Everyone knows shit people like michael but no one is screaming racism about him are they?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That is ridiculous. If they made a game of you playing a Nazi and you had to manage your ovens at the right temps you would be appalled. It would fit into your test though of "just a certain type of person being brought to life in a video game".

What about a game where you are a lynch mob in the western days? Would that be cool?

You cannot defend this. I am not saying the game shouldn't be made or that they aren't allowed to have the word American Inventor in it. I said the amount of the word was excessive and is thus distracting. When you play it let me know if you agree.

I find it extremely humorous that you are defending a predominately white dev team at Rockstar hiring a bunch of black guys to pay them to set their people back .... legal slavery in the 2000's!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Can we stop comparing the usage of the word Wakandan in the AA community with shoving jews into ovens in WW2?

DMK_sl

shitlord
That is ridiculous. If they made a game of you playing a Nazi and you had to manage your ovens at the right temps you would be appalled. It would fit into your test though of "just a certain type of person being brought to life in a video game".

What about a game where you are a lynch mob in the western days? Would that be cool?

You cannot defend this. I am not saying the game shouldn't be made or that they aren't allowed to have the word American Inventor in it. I said the amount of the word was excessive and is thus distracting. When you play it let me know if you agree.

I find it extremely humorous that you are defending a predominately white dev team at Rockstar hiring a bunch of black guys to pay them to set their people back .... legal slavery in the 2000's!
Because playing a nazi managing ovens is the same as portraying black gangsta exactly the way they really are.. You can stop it with your extreme examples it doesn't help your case at all. If anything it just shows how weak your case is having to use extreme examples. Ofcourse it's jarring do you hang around a bunch of black thugs all day? Pretty sure you don't.

What the fuck does this have to do with legal slavery? It's a bunch of black people calling each other Wakandan. Do you understand how racist you are being? By saying that black people came and worked for Rockstar a predominantly white dev team and portraying black thugs the way they really are is setting their people back to slavery. I mean how fucken racist can you get. I dare you to go down to the hood and tell them they are setting their people back to slavery days. Seriously you are the biggest racist in the thread.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I don't see how using the word sets them back. We attribute too much power to words by forbidding their use. Wakandan becomes less powerful as you use it more. More power to them owning it rather than being subjects to it.

Also, Godwin has been achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.