Gravy's Cooking Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We only discriminate against salad munchers.

Back in nj, had a salad munchers friend that would come over, she loved my salads.

She never figured out my steamed salads tasted good cuz of butter.

I eat salads on the reg. And they're delicious. I think the difference is that I make my own dressing. I don't even make it unhealthy. Sure it's a decent amount of olive oil, but nothing else I add beyond a teaspoon or so of honey could be considered Chris Traeger unhealthy.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I eat salads on the reg. And they're delicious. I think the difference is that I make my own dressing. I don't even make it unhealthy. Sure it's a decent amount of olive oil, but nothing else I add beyond a teaspoon or so of honey could be considered Chris Traeger unhealthy.
Try coconut oil

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why? Coconut Oil gets to that annoying semi-solid state. Unless you're eating the salad RIGHT now. Bad choice as it mucks up later.
Oh, forgot to say, I cook my salads, we invented fire for a reason!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hit me with some of these cooked salad recipes.
not much, my base is either a dab of butter or coconut oil, on romaine.

i'm really lazy so i always try to use one pan for anything, if wife wants a "mega" salad.

i'll drop half, butter/coconul oil in a hot pan, drop slivered onions to sautee, b/4 they turn yellow mushrooms then romaine to absorb the rest of remnant oil, green peppers (wife likes it to crunch, so if you want floppy peppers add em in earlier). splash of water, turn it on low and drop in brocolli for 12mins, and cover

the romaine basically becomes a steamer basket for the brocolli, if you want to add spinach, drop it in 7mins before ready, b/c spinach wilts like fast.

if you want a heartier but more calorie dense version, put a whole zuccini/squash in at the mushroom step, at this point it really becomes a half soup/sald, but the juice is really tasty.

s&p to taste.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So jelly?

sTcE4iL.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I usually leave for work at 6:45am and don't get back home until 6 or 7pm.

Can I leave steak/fish/chicken in the sous vide for 12 hours? Any risk aside from overcooking?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There is no risk of overcooking it in the sous vide. So no risk at all!

Well that's not exactly true. Depending on the temperature you can start to get tissue/cartilage breakdown which will change the consistency which could be a good thing, or could be rather off putting. I personally don't care for steak left in that long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That monoprice sous vide is mad tempting.

I mean think about it. It's not a complicated device by any means. I use a goddamn cooler and tea kettle ...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That thing looks exactly like an Anova with just a more square control panel.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is Strata Home a part of the Monoprice brand?

I know their thing is to build their own versions of tech/entertainment stuff only for cheap.