Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bought a lodge dutch oven, decided to try ramseys white bean soup, turned out good

this thing retains heat, holy shit, 1hr later and i take the cover off and it's still so hot i can't put my face over it. (i tried to smell it when i opened it, but then my face quickly told me fuck that.)

gonna try Kimchi Soondubu Jjigae, next, unfortunately i have to travel 2hours to get a good source of dried anchovies (asian market), so i'll need to think of something for that, i still have kelp i've vac'd up but surprisingly mirin, costs an arm and leg here, 6bucks for 10oz, amazon can get me 60oz for 15bucks.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We're doing picanha this weekend in the sous vide. I got myself a new toy for it as well:

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180418203100612_COVER - Copy.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bought a lodge dutch oven, decided to try ramseys white bean soup, turned out good

this thing retains heat, holy shit, 1hr later and i take the cover off and it's still so hot i can't put my face over it. (i tried to smell it when i opened it, but then my face quickly told me fuck that.)

gonna try Kimchi Soondubu Jjigae, next, unfortunately i have to travel 2hours to get a good source of dried anchovies (asian market), so i'll need to think of something for that, i still have kelp i've vac'd up but surprisingly mirin, costs an arm and leg here, 6bucks for 10oz, amazon can get me 60oz for 15bucks.

Try his beef n ale stew, it's my go to winter dish. So damn good.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I once saw a band live that was called "Mustard Plug."

That was a gross name, I thought, until they revealed their full band name was "Love Mustard Plug."

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hmm i already make a variation on this, however i refuse to use any recipes where they view "dumplings" as just rolled dough things.

I got lazy after having issues finding suet locally so I just went with croissants, rolled them with stone ground mustard and sat them on top, worked out good. I'm sure you can put your own twist on it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
cataloging that a roasted 4lb chicken will produce
14oz in bones
20oz in white meat
21oz in dark meat

the rest is chicken fat.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Soonduboo came out great, it was probably cuz of the time i spent making the konbu stock (kelp/anchovies/radish)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

It always amazes me how long things like soup/stew stay hot.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I really wish I could make stocks to make really good soup. I don't know how, but I just fuck it up every time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I really wish I could make stocks to make really good soup. I don't know how, but I just fuck it up every time.
stocks is pretty simple, maybe you need more bones? do you use a whole carcass? i actually freeze a carcass for a few days and make stock w/ two carcassas for more bone juice extraction.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
stocks is pretty simple, maybe you need more bones? do you use a whole carcass? i actually freeze a carcass for a few days and make stock w/ two carcassas for more bone juice extraction.
I'm bad at skimming? Probably need more bones then.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm bad at skimming? Probably need more bones then.
use your ladel, drop it in the middle and then swirl from the inside out, the fat and scum should be accumulated on the walls of the pot and then skim/scrap the pot walls, or just let it cool down, put in fridge and just remove the top hockey puck layer.