Gravy's Cooking Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I understand how a crock pot works :p. But you still can't come home from work and go "I feel like tacos".

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can if you have a whole beef shoulder already shredded and stored in your freezer!

The debate is a bit silly. Slow cookers are awesome. Tacos are awesome.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but regardless of prep time, I still say ground beef tacos are tasty. They aren't the same thing as shredded beef/pork tacos. Both kinds are good.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
How do you guys store your shredded meat in the freezer? When I do it it ends up becoming one solid block of meat that I have to remove pieces from ice pick style. Do you portion-size ahead of time, or is there some secret method I'm missing?

Yeah, but regardless of prep time, I still say ground beef tacos are tasty. They aren't the same thing as shredded beef/pork tacos. Both kinds are good.
If you taco bell taco, why would you dick around with it instead of going where you can get your tacos wrapped in DORITOSTM

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Portion size before freezing does help. It also helps to take it out of the freezer a day or two ahead of time, if you store it in a big container. Note: this does ruin spur-of-the-moment tacos.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This thread has inspired me to make tacos for dinner tonight. Of course, I started the meat in the slow cooker this morning...

How do you guys store your shredded meat in the freezer? When I do it it ends up becoming one solid block of meat that I have to remove pieces from ice pick style. Do you portion-size ahead of time, or is there some secret method I'm missing?
yup portion, sandwich sized ziploc freezer bag = 1 pound of meat. I loved the ones they made that you could hook up a vacuum pump to, but they stopped making them, at least stores near me stopped carrying them.

@chaos. the potato trick is a lifesaver, learned that one from my grandma way back when

taco-fight.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't eat beef that wasn't slaughtered in front of me while I hand-fed grass into it's dying mouth. Anything less you might as well be shoving roadkill into a blender and calling it steak.
Can't let this comment go unrecognized. Well done.