Gravy's Cooking Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
just has to be imported properly (and by imported, i mean made by asians)

i tried this brand from whole foods mothers in law kimchi, i think it was good, but beyond even whole foods expensive, like 16$ for a 10oz jar i think.

Dong Ju Kim brand kimchi is my favorite. I'll get a photo of it sometime. I've tried all of the brands they sell at my Korean Supermarket (Hana Market). Big Dong is by far the best. $12 a gallon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, last bit of the cabbage kimchi is being eaten right now. Only had a tiny bit, so I decided to try to continue the tortilla thing. Used some cream cheese spread, some gojuchang sauce for one, and voila.

kimchi4.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Not to be a drag, but it looks a lil dry. Good moist cornbread would normally crumble before it would cut that evenly. But that's my KY heritage talking. Good looking crust though. Could be excellent and you just nailed it. If so props. Good cornbread is tough to make.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Not to be a drag, but it looks a lil dry. Good moist cornbread would normally crumble before it would cut that evenly. But that's my KY heritage talking. Good looking crust though. Could be excellent and you just nailed it. If so props. Good cornbread is tough to make.
It was decently moist but could have been a bit better. That being said, I carefully cut it with a very sharp knife just because I didn't want it to crumble. All in all, I would give it a 7/10 in results and a 10/10 in easy recipe.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was decently moist but could have been a bit better. That being said, I carefully cut it with a very sharp knife just because I didn't want it to crumble. All in all, I would give it a 7/10 in results and a 10/10 in easy recipe.

Add applesauce into the recipe and you'll have cornbread that's moist.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tomorrow night I'll be hosting a Gloomhaven session for friends. We normally go from noon to dinnerish time and break ways. Due to weird scheduling this week, we're planning on going thru dinner. One of the guys is on a keto diet. Does anyone have a suggestion for an easy keto recipe for 4 dudes? Since we're gaming, looking for something that I can prepare ahead of time and have working in a crockpot before hand. I'm a pretty shitty chef and do not have a decent pantry. Sprouts and a few other natural type grocers are nearby so I can go out and get stuff, but would rather have something that doesn't have a ton of ingredients.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just buy a fuckload of charcuterie. Meat and cheese plate is the ultimate keto-friendly meal. I could eat that almost everyday.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Tomorrow night I'll be hosting a Gloomhaven session for friends. We normally go from noon to dinnerish time and break ways. Due to weird scheduling this week, we're planning on going thru dinner. One of the guys is on a keto diet. Does anyone have a suggestion for an easy keto recipe for 4 dudes? Since we're gaming, looking for something that I can prepare ahead of time and have working in a crockpot before hand. I'm a pretty shitty chef and do not have a decent pantry. Sprouts and a few other natural type grocers are nearby so I can go out and get stuff, but would rather have something that doesn't have a ton of ingredients.
if you suck at cooking, and you're cooking for a bunch of guys and keto and you have a crock pot, try keto chili, basically chili w/o the beans.

if you want to actually try, brown the beef before you dump it in the crockpot (drain fat), if you can't be bothered, oh well

probably for 4 guys

4lbs ground beef
1 onion
8 cloves of garlic
3 cans of diced tomatoes 15oz (the big kind)
1 12oz can tomato paste

easy stuff you can buy, again brown the meat before hand for better results or just dump it all it all in.

obvious you should have
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 TBSP worcestershire

You're probably gonna have to buy
1/2 cup chili powder
2 TBSP cumin (skip if you guys can't take hot)
chilies (skip if whimps)
oregano/bay leaf (you can probably live with dried)

cook for hours on low

buy a huge block of chedda, and you're gtg

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tacos works well too. Keto dude can just throw it in a bowl and eat with a fork instead of using a tortilla. Make sure there's plenty of sour cream on hand. :)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That sounds fantastic. I also went creamy pasta. Made a chicken creamy pesto penne. Reduced dairy is so delicious.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Made these on the smoker this morning. Grated some good Vermont cheddar on em after this pic. Left the Yolk slightly runny...turned out good.

6E87C541-652F-43CD-9096-C72E0D0B410E.jpeg

AD6DCAE6-43B6-4189-BC6D-E2BBA9C99831.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
if you suck at cooking, and you're cooking for a bunch of guys and keto and you have a crock pot, try keto chili, basically chili w/o the beans.

if you want to actually try, brown the beef before you dump it in the crockpot (drain fat), if you can't be bothered, oh well

probably for 4 guys

4lbs ground beef
1 onion
8 cloves of garlic
3 cans of diced tomatoes 15oz (the big kind)
1 12oz can tomato paste

easy stuff you can buy, again brown the meat before hand for better results or just dump it all it all in.

obvious you should have
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 TBSP worcestershire

You're probably gonna have to buy
1/2 cup chili powder
2 TBSP cumin (skip if you guys can't take hot)
chilies (skip if whimps)
oregano/bay leaf (you can probably live with dried)

cook for hours on low

buy a huge block of chedda, and you're gtg

I know I'm late to this party, but for keto guys this is a must. Whenever a recipe calls for canned tomatoes your go to should be Cento San Marzano tomatoes. They have 3g net carbs a serving, no added sugars, and are delicious. Biggest bonus: they are sold at most Walmarts.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cento-San-Marzano-Peeled-Tomatoes-28-Oz/15716659

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
those eggs and bacon look nice.

late to this thread. nice recipes here.

my wife loves my cooking, and after seeing raves in here -and elsewhere - about sous vide cooking, i figured to give it a shot.. grabbed one from amazon (anova brand)

my initial reaction from using it for the first time last night...meh-it worked. i made steaks for the family (3 strip steaks and a ribeye for me) my youngest son said it didn't taste as good as normal. i thought it came out a bit blander than normal (and this was with prepping the steaks exactly the same way i normally do- decent sprinkle of kosher salt let sit for ~20 minutes --and that is it. the steaks were perfectly cooked (130) and i seared the steaks on my cast iron griddle for about a minute a side, but something just did not taste the same--btw normally i cook the steaks to 133 on the grill.

after experiencing the sous vide which took 2 hours to cook the steaks....i'll stick to my normal way of cooking steaks...grill(or kamado) to 400. 6 minutes flip 6 minutes, check temp usually done at that time, eat in 15 minutes. total cook time about 30/45 minutes from pellet grill on/lighting kamado. to eating. (if using grill grates, its 3 minutes, turn 45 3 minutes, flip, 3 minutes turn 45 3 minutes check temp.

• 1Solidarity