Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I found a use for those sausages. In honor of Lanx Lanx I dub this the Faulty Armor Pizza Version 1. Mozzarella, red sauce, kimchi, green onion, jalapeno, chinese sausage.

I just bought a crust this time as it was an experiment. But it was tasty so I'll get better dough for Version 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Might not be all locations but my Costco had their 24" Louisiana ceramic grill (formerly pit boss I think) on clearance for $400. They had one non floor model left and I had my Costco cash back certificate with me so impulse bought it. Somehow got it loaded and home solo but don't think I can put it together by myself (ceramic egg part weighs about 300 pounds and is awkward to grip) so will have to wait until next weekend to try it out. Quality wise I'm sure it isn't as good as a Kamado Joe or Big Green Egg but for about a third of the price of those I'd figure I'd give it a shot. Been doing Chicago style pizzas on the pellet smoker at a 400 bake temp but looking forward to doing traditional margarita pizzas when the tomatoes and basil come in on the ceramic at 700+ degrees.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I was wrong. After having it 10 times. I actually like Chinese sauages now. Get used to it. It's awesome bros.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There's a Thai restaurant here that puts Chinese sausages in some of their fried rice dishes and I dig it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
There's a Thai restaurant here that puts Chinese sausages in some of their fried rice dishes and I dig it.
yea, word of note, you don't put too much if you're doing it yourself, too much and it's bleh, use it as a topping to let all the juices seep in, and use whatever shrimp/pork/chicken for the meats.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started making my own flaxseed milk recently. Easiest of the fake milks to make. I do recommend.

• 1Barf

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
latest food project successes:

basic bitch orange chicken

pupusas s/ curtido and salsa rosa

and some quick and easy pulled pork that gets turned into a pulled pork grilled cheese for lunch:

^dipped into a mustard based bbq sauce

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
latest food project successes:

basic bitch orange chicken
View attachment 203720

pupusas s/ curtido and salsa rosa
View attachment 203721

and some quick and easy pulled pork that gets turned into a pulled pork grilled cheese for lunch:
View attachment 203722

^dipped into a mustard based bbq sauce
Bisi posting some quality content to this dead thread. I've been extremely lazy with cooking and trying new recipes since the baby was born. I need to get back into it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I've been shitty about cooking lately too. New job (even though I've been there a year now) has me out of whack with my schedule. Didn't realize how much I was able to get done when working from home!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have 60 coming for dinner on Sunday. Making a goose and pork belly. What goes with that? Mashed potatoes? Scalloped potatoes? Rice pilaf? Also going to do braised carrots and leeks. Making blueberry, cherry, and lemon meringue pies, too.

What else? Others are all bringing food, too, but I want to have the basics covered.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Dude you host a lot of people pretty often.

I do! That's part of why we bought the house we did - dining room that seats 28 or so pretty comfortably, and plenty of other spaces to put people. Not to mention a basement where I can send the kids. I love hosting people and cooking.

The food is just a cover for the orgies. Except lurkeydirky likes the food more now.

The orgies are a good way to work up an appetite!

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That fried chicken looks perfect. I use my air fryer pretty often but, surprisingly, haven't tried fried chicken with it yet. Maybe I'll try my hand at that this weekend.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Got about 6 pounds of skirt steak I'm gonna' marinate tonight. Grillin' tomorrow!

• 1Like