Gravy's Cooking Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Going to a superbowl party tomorrow. Shrug. I didn't even know who was in it for sure because I don't follow the NFL at all. Someone asked me to bring the same ribs I brought last time they hosted, which was, I think, five years ago. So, Gordon Ramsay sticky ribs it is.

They're really good.
These look amazing. Might do these this weekend.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Making a bunch of cabbage in various ways. Julienned carrot, cabbage, green onion. Specifically not using soy sauce or anything on it just that yaocai, sesame oil and szechuan peppercorns. It has a nice but subtle flavor that makes it go really well with your topping here. Which is that sweet hot carmelized pork I linked on the last page.

1549639198273.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hard boiled eggs are great. Cook a dozen or two and bring a couple in as snacks or garnishments with whatever you are eating.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Gonna try my hand at making demi galce this weekend. 18 hour simmer. Wish me luck

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Made a Chicago style/casserole pizza this weekend from scratch on the pellet grill and I think almost all baking will be done on that thing now. The crust on that came out so damn good that I can only imagine what a good rustic style loaf or Irish soda bread recipe will be like. Found one last canned quart of san marzanos from summer for the sauce and was really happy with that for the base (crushed them with some sauteed garlic and onions than added a bunch of fresh basil). Fucking rabbits ate half of my garden this last summer so my pantry is looking weak. I didn't see a gardening thread but for those that like to plant in the summer and can in the fall I use this company for most of my seeds San Marzano Tomato Seeds - Tomato Growers Supply Company and the local nursery for herbs and root veggies. Usually start most everything indoors mid March and plant outside either Memorial day weekend or when I don't see snow on the mountains whichever happens first. If you happen to be growing eggplant, plum tomatoes, yellow and Italian squash, bell peppers, onions and garlic give a grilled ratatouille a try harvesting right before tossing on the grill.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Gonna try making buldak tonigh, with Chicken Thighs instead of breasts

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That looks good.

That video reminded me I have kimchi in my fridge and I never used it... need to figure something out.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Going to start my first cabbage ferment tonight, wish me luck. I will report back in a week with the results :)

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That looks good.

That video reminded me I have kimchi in my fridge and I never used it... need to figure something out.
kim chi fried rice, don't use soy or vinegar, just the kimchi and the liquid is all you need.

• 1Like

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Time for the first long cook of the year.
2019_bbq.png

The weather is finally cooperating and so it's time to make some pulled pork. These are boneless pork shoulders (18lb) from Costco and they usually turn out pretty good. I bought these yesterday and dry brined them overnight in the fridge. I used about a shaker and a half of dust just before putting them on the egg. I set 2 cans of hickory wood pellets in the fire just before putting the meat on. They will be ready to eat tomorrow, I find that I can leave them on the grill for about 24 hours and I get consistently good results.

edit1:
Alright, the earth has been turning and our fire was burning all night with no problems. I took a quick peek just now and everything is looking as expected. Think I'm going to have to make a fresh batch of sauce today.
2019_bbq2.png

edit2:
It was pretty damn epic.
2019_bbq3.png2019_bbq4.png2019_bbq5.png

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pops

It's the former, but I kind of imagined it being the latter. Which almost happens to me when I get a great ribeye.

download.jpg

Got two mellowing on the counter right now. The hell with your fish derail.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
mMMM Ribeye....

fuck it, STEAK TONIGHT!!!!..

4 sirloin and 1 bone in ribeye(MINE!). all cooked to 135 degrees.
with just a nice salt drizzle on both sides ~30 minutes before cooking on the grill.
thinking maybe a nice homemade bernaise sauce, honey roasted maple carrots, baked sweet potato and a nice whitehall lane 2014 merlot...

No Salmon, wife is allergic, & i do not like the taste of most fish.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Who is up for a salmon derail?
salmon-fillets-20.jpg

Pfft, if you really want to taste salmon eat it raw.

atlantic-salmonsashimi-sekai.jpg

Also stop throwing the collars in the trash when you clean one, deep fry that shit. Literally the best part of the fish.

o.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Not really a salmon fan. It's OK pan fried, but I'd rather have almost any other fish.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Not really a salmon fan. It's OK pan fried, but I'd rather have almost any other fish.

I am not a huge salmon fan either. Lox on a bagel, some sushi sometimes thats about it, but I am not kidding about those deep fried salmon collars, that shit is fucking good. But that can be said about almost any collar on any fish.