Gravy's Cooking Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The only saving Grace was she liked the meal. I won't eat it but she will. I feel bad saying I don't like things she makes, because getting her to cook has been a challenge... But this is one of those things that was repulsive. Also she didn't really brown them that much prior, so maybe that's part of it

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If I was married to you I wouldn't cook for you either.

• 3Worf
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sausage and peppers is such a simple dish and doesn't take much time at all. Making it in a slow cooker doesn't make much sense and I can see how it would turn out bland and unappetizing. Can't really blame Noodle's super taster disability on that one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, sausage in a slow cooker sounds like shit right from the start.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Those setups always look cool to have but unless you live in SoCal or someplace nice like that you are going to be restricted in how much you can even use it. If it can only be used 1/3 or 1/4 of the year due to weather just seems like a huge waste. Even here in Austin it would only be good for like 5 months at a time. Nevermind me though the thought of entertaining people makes me physically ill. I do find cooking itself to be extremely therapeutic though.
I grill in the deep of winter, why couldn't that be used year-round?

I get the pain of having to shut-off and drain the water for the freeze and the rest of the minor upkeep (drain plug, etc), but that setup would be great year-round.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i leave my grill outside, it's just one of those cheap charbroil wide grills the previous owner left behind, has a nice cover. It gets blown down like 3x a year, even with a propane tank weighing it down. This last wind smashed it so hard on the ground it looks like it got run over by a car and the handle cracked in half.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I grill in the deep of winter, why couldn't that be used year-round?

I get the pain of having to shut-off and drain the water for the freeze and the rest of the minor upkeep (drain plug, etc), but that setup would be great year-round.

Yeah that's a no go for me lol. Freezing my ass off for some BBQ isn't happening.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have two friends with outdoor kitchens and that's usually where we hang if I'm over there. They also like entertaining and inviting people over regularly. One also has a TV set up for sportsball watching. It's pretty awesome. Note that it never gets colder than 55 here.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have two friends with outdoor kitchens and that's usually where we hang if I'm over there. They also like entertaining and inviting people over regularly. One also has a TV set up for sportsball watching. It's pretty awesome. Note that it never gets colder than 55 here.
yea i've been to 4 houses here, where they have a tv outside on the deck. i have no idea why criminals don't just goto the homes where ppl entertain and just thief a tv off the wall.

it's practically a free tv, theres no door or window to bust in, so no alarms to trip, and at most you would have a backyard camera that catches the crime in action(so wear a mask) and theres no way a backyard camera would be set to alert/txt notification b/c you'd have so many false positives from fucking raccoons and leaves n shit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yea i've been to 4 houses here, where they have a tv outside on the deck. i have no idea why criminals don't just goto the homes where ppl entertain and just thief a tv off the wall.

it's practically a free tv, theres no door or window to bust in, so no alarms to trip, and at most you would have a backyard camera that catches the crime in action(so wear a mask) and theres no way a backyard camera would be set to alert/txt notification b/c you'd have so many false positives from fucking raccoons and leaves n shit.

Sounds like you got that shit all planned out.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
These are in affluent neighborhoods of Marin or SF. Ain't nobody having an outdoor kitchen in the Bay Area if you ain't got the cash flows.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Need cash just to have a backyard in the bay area.

• 1Like