Gravy's Cooking Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I lived in Santa Cruz back in 2008 and I loved it there. I am from the South Oregon Coast and all but I really dug living in Santa Cruz. I'd live there again if it became possible. But even 80 miles from the Bay Area you need to be making quite a penny to get any kind of house. The prices all over CA are honestly ludicrous.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Summer fruit wine is my woman's request. Never done it before but it's currently fermenting in the second bathroom as it requires a lower temperature (68-72) for some reason. Wine had some kind of concentrated starter (mix starter with 4 gallons of pure water) I put into a 5 gallon glass wide mouth carboy with a pack of wine yeast. It will take 6-8 weeks to drink.

The cider however is absurdly easy. Buy some pure apple juice or cider. Preferably in the gallon containers. You need real deal here as you're looking for a specific sugar content. Then just get some cider yeast for $0.99 and some stoppers and airlocks and put them on the top. Wait a few weeks and you have a nice dry summer cider that is excellent when chilled. Minus the juice the investment in equipment is under $10.
Friend of mine who brews his own stuff made a batch of this; organic apple juice and maple syrup for the sugar, iirc he used a belgian yeast lp400 maybe.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah that think looked ready to attack. At least in that case it's easy to tell a pest removal service where the animal is exactly.

I was half expecting a bees nest.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
City folk idiots. Possums don't really attack shit. They are the up there with stupidest animal ever. But if you touched it you'd obviously have got your ass bit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
that grill looks like it's been abandoned for 5 years, those Possums have squatter rights.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
City folk idiots. Possums don't really attack shit. They are the up there with stupidest animal ever. But if you touched it you'd obviously have got your ass bit.
I assume any mother threatened like that would attack. We all knew it was a possum lol

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I never questioned if you knew what it was. Just that possums don't really attack anything... they're just too retarded. I picked one up one time as a kid and it didn't even try to bite me just sat there with its mouth opening hoping I would let it go. This is after I just walked up to it. Never once did it try to just run away.

Which I did then it walked away slowly into some ferns lol. Didn't even look back at me like a cat or something would.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Possums are the cockroaches of mammals, fuckers are only good at making babies and becoming road kill. I swear you can't drive 1/2 a mile in South Jersey without seeing a splattered possum.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Possums are the cockroaches of mammals, fuckers are only good at making babies and becoming road kill. I swear you can't drive 1/2 a mile in South Jersey without seeing a splattered possum.
Don't hate on possums!

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

They are marsupials fool.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They are marsupials fool.

mar·su·pi·al
[märˈso͞opēəl]

NOUN

1. a mammal of an order whose members are born incompletely developed and are typically carried and suckled in a pouch on the mother's belly. Marsupials are found mainly in Australia and New Guinea, although three families, including the opossums, live in America.