Gravy's Cooking Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey Veggiebois, I made some amazing Brussels Sprouts this week.
View attachment 210530

Brussels Sprouts, tossed in evo, salt, cumin, chipotle seasoning, and chili powder. (Try some fish sauce and/or worcestershire sauce next time). Oven roasted
Grilled corn, removed from cob
Grilled Jalapenos, chopped
Grilled lime halves
Full fat sour cream, seasoned with lime juice, chipotle seasoning, and chili powder
Toasted pumpkin seeds
Pickled onions
Cilantro chimichurri (fresh cilantro, garlic, pepper, lime juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes)
Chopped chives
Hot sauce as needed. I used Tapatio
Needs some cotija cheese next time
If that was your whole meal that's not too bad, but it's still a ton of steps for a veggie side, and I like Brussel Sprouts. It looks amazing though, and I'm sure it tasted great! Served cold or hot? Make a massive bowl of it to serve as a side?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I made it as a main, served hot.

I like the act of cooking so I find the whole process satisfying.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so induction wok heats up like crazy, it takes A WHILE to season a wok, especially on the sides cuz you don't hold it directly over a flame, you have to slide it to the side and have it touch the induction plate still.

cooking basic beef wasn't bad, tasted like stir fry, i can def tell it is underpowered compared to a restaurant wok, but still pretty good. I did a two egg test and i was able to scramble it pretty fast (thats how you make fried rice, just find a spot, drop an egg and swish it around), seasoning was good too, nothing stuck.

i bought another wok, i'll see if that works any better, this one has a wood handle.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love brussel sprouts, man. Fuck you guys!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm with Adebisi Adebisi . I like the "cooking" part and making a nice looking dish is part of the enjoyment for me.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Too easy to fuck up is the issue. Gotta be roasted but just right so that the inside is cooked but the outside isn't burned.

It's the same for any roasted veggie though. Cauliflower and Eggplant are harder to roast well than brussels in my experience.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't tried cauliflower, not a huge fan of it compared to broccoli. And I don't like eating sponges.

I've found broccoli very forgiving to roasting since you have a large amount of control of the size of the pieces. Still sucks as a leftover though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Roasting cauliflour is tough because cauliflour has very little moisture, thus it sort of dries out rather than getting a good roast. But what I do is roast it with a bit of water and butter ina closed container so it steams, IMO its the only way to make cauli. also regarding brussels, I always hated them but my moms would quickly steam them first them pan saute them in bacon and bacon fat.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You just dress cauliflower liberally with olive oil salt and pepper and roast it as normal. When it caramelizes and browns it's one of the best tasting vegetables on earth.

Don't steam it...gross

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
You just dress cauliflower liberally with olive oil salt and pepper and roast it as normal. When it caramelizes and browns it's one of the best tasting vegetables on earth.

Don't steam it...gross
This. We roast cauliflower and brussel sprouts almost every week. Good shit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've cooked cauliflower in my air fryer. Has always turned out pretty well.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Preparing so much food today. Tomorrow is the graduation party for my twins. Party central!

dozens and dozens of wings
hand made venison and cherry sausage made this week
two massive legs of lamb
two huge briskets
borrowed a couple smokers, also a couple bbqs to finish things

Three kinds of potatoes (scalloped, mashed, french fries)
veggies galore, I think we have 8 varieties
biggest fruit salad you've ever seen
I think four other kinds of salad

fresh baked bread
about 8 kinds of dips (hummus, guac, etc.)
bacon wrapped dates
crab dip
small lobster rolls
20 varieties of cheese
six kinds of olives

two kegs of beer from a local place, it's awesome. They rent keg sized refrigerators with taps.
Gallons of gin
buckets of margaritas

We're expecting a couple hundred people to come through. It's going to be amazing, even if it fucking rains [rage]. The whole family has been cooking together and that makes for some of my favourite memories.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
This. We roast cauliflower and brussel sprouts almost every week. Good shit.

week b4 fathers day, look out for grill sales, if ya'll need one

Dudes I just take whatever vegetables and put some olive oil and seasoning and throw those bitches on the grill in tin foil . Start with long items like sweet potatoes etc and start prepping next and keep going. It’s like an hour long ritual but I get healthy delicious shit.

I am loving it. I just got a grill for the new house this week I’m hoping that stepping my food game up will help me lose weight, or it will just be replaced by all the beer I drink while grilling oh well