Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ppl believe carcinogens are the building blocks of cancer, but ppl don't even know what cancer
Im sure if you constantly eat the burnt shit on overcooked meats its probably not all that good for you. If not cancer it will probably give you the shits.
you mean old person "well done"?
burnt-steak.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's like that shit with bacon a few years ago where people were saying eating bacon increased your chance of cancer by 12%. The reality is it increased the base chance by 12% so if you had a .1% chance of getting cancer you now have a .112% chance of getting cancer with bacon. Tldr gorge away on meats.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It's like that shit with bacon a few years ago where people were saying eating bacon increased your chance of cancer by 12%. The reality is it increased the base chance by 12% so if you had a .1% chance of getting cancer you now have a .112% chance of getting cancer with bacon. Tldr gorge away on meats.

We're fucking omnivores. We were designed to survive on either plants or meat or both. Doing these studies on animals with dissimilar biology and that are not also omnivores is nearly worthless.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I agree, and will just point out that this is not limited to the bacon study. Its how these statistics always work: the effect size is the risk in the subject group relative to the risk in the control group. The problem is journalists are the dumbest people on the planet, and report it as 'omg 12% risk of cancer if you eat bacon'

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Pre-seasoned frozen wings in a pressure cooker are fucking amazing. I need to get a better steamer basket though, the one that comes with it sucks donkey dick.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Any decent American made knife sets?

Remember a discussion about it months ago, but not what thread

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
There are some I've found, but it's 80$ for a Chinese set, or 500$ for American.

Hoping for a middle ground.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I made chili colorado this weekend and it was unbelievably good. I will make this many more times. We put it on white rice and in tortillas. Was awesome both ways(and just on its own). Takes a while, but was absolutlely worth it. I used my homemade stock and bought the chilies off amazon from this place: Mission Trading Company @ Amazon.com:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users