Gravy's Cooking Thread

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
That's a legit way to roast something, the guy just used WAY too much fire.

It's basically the same thing as a la Caja China/Cajun Microwave.

Doing a whole pig la Caja China style with good friends or family is something everyone should experience. They also work really well for doing a shit ton of whole chickens and hot links/sausage at once and can toss some still in the husk corn on the coals right before the end.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I had a Banh Mi sandwich for the first time every this week.

I must recreate

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Stopped by a fancy local butcher in my new area today. The prices were strictly ridiculous, but on my way out the head butcher stopped me and handed me a bag of seasoned steak tips. He said that they are their best seller and that they give all new customers a free pound. Got them home and grilled them and they turned out fantastic. Turned them into steak wraps. After eating them, I think they might have been prime sirloin tips, but I can't be sure. I'll ask next time I go in. Pretty great way to get business, as the prices turned me off immediately compared to buying whole cuts of beef and cutting them to size myself. Now I'll definitely go back in there and probably buy some of those tips again.

IMG_20190624_180541.jpg

IMG_20190624_181723.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My dad strikes again. This weekend he grilled for a party. I checked the burger party packages date. June 2018. I know beef keeps in the freezer but wtf

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My dad strikes again. This weekend he grilled for a party. I checked the burger party packages date. June 2018. I know beef keeps in the freezer but wtf

If it has been properly frozen the entire time it's fine. Definitely not the best quality wise, but it won't kill you. It's not like frozen burgers are all that great to begin with.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
to have meet that old, i assume he/you guys have a chest freezer or another fridge.

if you say he dug it from the back of the main fridge with a basic instinct ice pick, maybe not so good.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah as long as it was good when it went into the freezer there's nothing wrong with it now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah as long as it was good when it went into the freezer there's nothing wrong with it now.

Yep. Growing up my dad would get a half cow and pig slaughtered every year. Would end up with enough meat for nearly a year from that. Just threw everything in the garage freezer immediately. Was still better than store-bought meat.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
a word of warning from what i read, it's bad to have a fridge(like a kitchen fridge) in your garage, b/c that fridge was made to operate in normal temperatures, you put it in a garage that gets 120f and then 0degress in the winter, it's gonna run constantly, put that spare kitchen fridge in the basement where temp swings aren't crazy. Chest/deep freezers are different since they're made to be outside'ish.

i was gonna gonna do the second fridge thing, but we figure we got 2more years here, so not gonna bother, just gonna make this fridge last and "include it" with the sale.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This was a deep freezer. We're talking about a half cow and hog dude. It's a lot of fucking meat. No way that would fit in a typical fridge freezer.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I get half a cow and half a pig at a time, too. Plus we buy chicken tits at 40 pounds each time to get them from a local farmer at $2 a pound. We have a chest freezer. Shit's good for a long, long time. It's wrapped for long term freezing, and it's flash frozen as soon as it is slaughtered.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This was a deep freezer. We're talking about a half cow and hog dude. It's a lot of fucking meat. No way that would fit in a typical fridge freezer.
well yea, if kansas has taught me anything, one deep freezer is enough for one animal, ppl usually have a deep freezer AND a second fridge(to hold the beer).